• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Damage "Living" units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Thanks to my free time, i keep playing on the WE. Whatever to the point

Im giving undead structures the a unholy aura with -2 regen to affect enemy units, using the logic of begin a anti-living aura, it cant degen enemy undead units so i cant use a unholy aura with just enemy. I thought about using a damage building aura with using the unused classifications(suicidal, decoration or ancient), the problem with it is that it deals magical damage(reduced by resistance and ignored by magic immunity).

1 - >I thought about giving the building damage aura "ATTACK_TYPE_HERO,DAMAGE_TYPE_MAGIC" know as pure damage thanks to dota.
Notes - > Ignores Magic Resistance but ignored by Magic Immunity
Why living MI targets should resist beign rottenl?

2 - > Unholy Aura affect only Ancients and give ancient classification to all "living" units.
Notes - > Tiresome, no triggers. Units affected by it will suicide instead of begin killed...

3 - > Check if player is "living"(Human, Orc, Night elf) then add units owned by him to a group(The living), in which they can be target by the Unholy Aura(Rotting). Unit will still suicide, wont affect enemy undead units.
Notes - > Thanks to checking Hs aura coding, if the units affected by it reaches a hp below the hp removed over time they will take 3 instances of 100 damage each, Magic(Ignored by Magic Immunity, Amplified by Ethereal State), Mixed(Ignored by Ethereal State, goes through Magic Immunity) and Physical(Ignored by Ethereal State, goes through Magic Immunity)
Only way to evade this is being a Magic Immunity unit while in Ethereal State(in dota, its possible while using Blade Storm(Blade Fury in this case) and using a ghost scepter), well, this is irrelevant, since my map isnt dota nor it will have a unit that can go into Ethereal State and is Magic Immune

The problem with triggering is that im completely a dummy, thanks to this i dont even know if its possible to make a aura only affect units in a group.

If you guys get any problem understanding, i will format it later.

Last edited:
Level 11
  • Unholy Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- CTRL + B to create a variable. You need 3 unit groups, a point, and a unit. --------
      • Set group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Unholy Aura for (Matching unit)) Equal to 1))
      • Custom script: set udg_group3 = CreateGroup()
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set unit = (Picked unit)
          • Set point = (Position of unit)
          • -------- Configure your targets here. Make sure you keep "Matching unit is in group3 equal to false"--------
          • Set group2 = (Units within 900.00 of point matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is in group3) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of unit)) Equal to True))))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in group2 and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Life of (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 2.41
                • Then - Actions
                  • -------- Units die at .405 health. --------
                  • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 2.00)
                • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Universal spell damage ignores magic immunity and ethereal, but is reduced by spell damage reduciton. Won't matter for this amount of damage. --------
                  • Unit - Cause unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 10000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to group3
          • -------- Cleaning leaks. --------
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_group2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
      • -------- Cleaning leaks. --------
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_group)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_group3)

Level 3
Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for the trigger, i could do the event/actions, yet in... 16 mins..

I'm having problems finding the correct actions to create the loop.
Also i would like to know what somethings whould do, like the groups, unit and point.

The first group is to handle the units affected by the ability, right?
one of the other two groups is to handle the units who will get damaged.

I'm having problems with finding this one - > Set group2 = (Units within 900.00 of point matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is in group3) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of unit)) Equal to True))))

Level 10
Either do as Erkki2 stated which is giving unholy aura a negative value by Holding Shift and click the value OR

Give a unit an aura. Make the aura only target enemys. Next make a trigger that every 1 second, if unit has this buff to set their current hp to Current hp - 1 or w.e value you want.

I can post a trigger at a later date if you wish just pm me if u cant get it

Level 11
The action you're looking for is General - Set Variable

Set the group to "Units in range matching condition" and use multiple "And" conditions.

Alternately you can just add all units within 900 range and filter unwanted ones out with another if/then/else.

Level 3
You could use unholy aura with a negative value, and "enemy" and "alive" as allowed targets.

That could work but if the enemies got any hp below 2 hp they would suicide.

Either do as Erkki2 stated which is giving unholy aura a negative value by Holding Shift and click the value OR

Give a unit an aura. Make the aura only target enemys. Next make a trigger that every 1 second, if unit has this buff to set their current hp to Current hp - 1 or w.e value you want.

I can post a trigger at a later date if you wish just pm me if u cant get it

Well, as i said earlier im of no help at triggers. I will try to finish the trigger given in the first reply.

The action you're looking for is General - Set Variable

Set the group to "Units in range matching condition" and use multiple "And" conditions.

Alternately you can just add all units within 900 range and filter unwanted ones out with another if/then/else.

Thanks.

I've found the almost perfect ability for my purposes, the only problem is that it's buff seems to be hardcoded or just bad coded. It affects invisible units just as i want.
The other problem is that it have some stacking issues, i've created 2 abilities one with the same AOE as blight large and another with the same AOE as blight small and give those abilities to each structure that have these blight's.
Ex: Necropolis got the blight large, so i gave it the Degen(blight large)
Ziggurat got the blight small, so i have it the Degen(Blight Small)

Somehow my Disease Clouds stacks with it self, if a unit is inside the range of multiple structures with these abilities they will stack, doing insane dmg in low amounts of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.