• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As the title states, I made an unholy aura that decreases nearby enemy units' movement and health regeneration, but it still affects friendly units no matter what target tags I select. Any fix for this or will I have to switch to using a trigger of some kind?

Level 19
Maybe there is an issue with your version but removing friendly and self and adding enemy works fine for me. Take note that there is no unit dealing damage so the damage is not detected and if a unit dies as a result of the aura there is no killing unit. That means it cant be detected and wont give bounty. That wouldnt be a problem if the Life Regeneration reduction is based on a % but from what I remember Unholy Aura does not allow a percentage even if it says so but I may be wrong on that part.

I know of another solution. Slow Aura (Tornado) and Building Damage Aura (Tornado) combined. Although Building Damage Aura (Tornado) reduces a static damage whilst it sounds youd want to reduce Life Regeneration by a %. To achieve that youd want to decrease their stat with triggers and if another similar trigger is used to increase or decrease Life Regeneration youd want them to function together without messing up the stat.

Level 19
I posted the response a bit far after the text was deleted. The main question was about Unholy Aura and how to make it target enemies. There should be more threads about the subject anyhow. My last trigger suggestion is in retrospect not good and has faults so other threads hopefully have better options. The fault I imagine with changing a units stat is, changing default Life Regeneration has an impact on other "stuff", if its reduced and another ability increases/decreases it by % it wont increase/decrease it by the correct value and will return an incorrect value and might even restore an incorrect value after the trigger is completed. I would either let default abilities control all life regeneration or trigger all life regeneration entirely. Tbh I might even cop out and deal damage instead of decreasing life regeneration XD

Level 24
I posted the response a bit far after the text was deleted. The main question was about Unholy Aura and how to make it target enemies. There should be more threads about the subject anyhow. My last trigger suggestion is in retrospect not good and has faults so other threads hopefully have better options. The fault I imagine with changing a units stat is, changing default Life Regeneration has an impact on other "stuff", if its reduced and another ability increases/decreases it by % it wont increase/decrease it by the correct value and will return an incorrect value and might even restore an incorrect value after the trigger is completed. I would either let default abilities control all life regeneration or trigger all life regeneration entirely. Tbh I might even cop out and deal damage instead of decreasing life regeneration XD
Oh preserver of the crumbling archives, does thine keyboard cast upon the screen with the golden dew of ambrosia~

Status
Not open for further replies.