• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a way to hide spell icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi I made a triggered spell that as your hero's life decreases nearby

allied units health regeneration increases so I triggered

all of it and gave my hero 2 abilities 1 that does nothing

it just hold the passive and the 2nd one is a unit ability

based off of unholy aura. I want to hide the unit spell's

icon. I tried setting the art to NONE but it just make a

bright green square in its place.

Level 4
Set the icon/button position to X - 0, Y - 0, that way it will be under another icon/button, making it basically invisible.

Level 7
Base the ability you don't want to see of Attribute Bonus or Channel.... Both have options to be unvisible. Setting the ability's position to 0 0 will not make it invisible unless the ability card is already completely filled. These abilities and a few others (like locust, spawn hydra, etc) are the only ones that can be invisible, you can not hide an icon of an ability that does not have a visibility option. You can make it black, but it'll still be there.

Level 5
Set the icon/button position to X - 0, Y - 0, that way it will be under another icon/button, making it basically invisible.

Didn't work it just took the next available slot.

Base the ability you don't want to see of Attribute Bonus or Channel.... Both have options to be unvisible. Setting the ability's position to 0 0 will not make it invisible unless the ability card is already completely filled. These abilities and a few others (like locust, spawn hydra, etc) are the only ones that can be invisible, you can not hide an icon of an ability that does not have a visibility option. You can make it black, but it'll still be there.

Yeah but if I base it off channel it won't have the same effects like i need to base it off a spell that has health regeneration which currently i'm using unholy aura though if you can tell me how to change the buff for Life Regeneration (Nuetral) to nothing so you don't see the healing that would work but I'd need to know how to do that.

or put it in a hidden spellbook

Then I can't set the ability when it levels up

Level 6
set the abilities into an item ability and add it to the unit via trigger.
ill give you a tip on what ability to use for dummy ability.
use the Slow Aura (tornado). as a dummy set all of its thingy to do nothing :)
you can still add the Art - Research Icon. But it doesn't show its Art - Normal Icon when learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.