• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Question - Is there a spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Are there any (passive) spells that do something when a unit casts a spell nearby? if not what would my event and conditions be for a trigger that activates when a unit casts a spell within a 400 AoE of a unit with the "special ability"

Level 12
Something like Mana Flare? Thats not really passive though.... make a custom aura with a custom buff then:

Event: A unit begins finishes casting a spell,
Conditions: (Triggering Unit) has a Buff equal to (Buff emitted from your custom Aura)
Actions: Whatever you want

I checked teh trigger editor and those are real conditions you can use so the trigger "should" work if you don't mess up on the Actions. GL and tell me if this works. I would show an actual trigger script but I don't know what button to press to get a picture of triggers in, sry.

Level 5
Thanks a lot :D

btw its [ trigger ] [ /trigger ] I think

EDIT:
lol crap. I want the casting unit to be damaged by the unit with the aura, but theres no real way to do that >_>. I cant define witch unit has the aura. (or can i?) help please :/

Last edited:
Level 5
>_> but who would get the gold/credit from the kill? which player would own the dummy unit? :/ if i knew that i could just use the unit that had the buff lol

Level 11
If you don't want it to be MUI, just create a trigger like:
Event - Unit learns a skill
Cond - Learned skill == <your aura>
Actions - Set AuraOwner = Triggering Unit

The second trigger:
Event - Unit starts the effect of an ability
Cond - Triggering Unit has <aura buff>
Action - Cause AuraOwner to damage Triggering unit ...

Level 5
....dosent help much
Jass MUI spells are MUI because it contains all variables within itself.
i dont see how i can refrence the unit that had the ability that gave off the buff. if i can, which im hoping i can, i posted here so someone would tell me how. >_>
I was planning on making this trigger in JASS anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.