• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Trigger Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have 3 triggers, all were copied from the first,

The ONLY thing different, are the #'s in the arrays.

Numbers are 1, 2, and 3

Trigger 1 works, Triggers 2 and 3 do NOT work

I've looked over these triggers prolly 20 times.

Are there any bugs that would stop a trigger from working?
Something to do with being copied?

Level 8
It's a super easy trigger it moves a unit into a dungeon and the 2nd trigger boots them out if they cheated to get in. (like Blinked in)

• Entering3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters DungEnt3 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to (==) User
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to DungeonGroup[3]
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of DungIn3 <gen>)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of DungIn3 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

• CheatCheck3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Dung3 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) Equal to (==) User
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is in DungeonGroup[3]) Equal to (==) False
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of DungOut3 <gen>)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of DungOut3 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (Owner of (Triggering unit)), at offset (0.00, 0.00) the text: You must use the do...
Whats happening: The first trigger moves the unit in, then the 2nd boots them out, even though the player should be in the group.

EDIT: Triggers 1 - 2 are now working, just 3 isn't. and it's EXACTLY the same as the other 2.
Seems like the unit is getting there before the player is in the group, which doesn't make since, expecially when #1 works, and the ent is right next to the actual dungeon.

Edit: It just will not add the player to the DungeonGroup[3] for some reason. (Tested by moving the rect away from the entrance, so I got in, then entered the rec and it boots me.)

Level 8
Array is set to 1 (default), so it should create as many as it needs.

Though setting it to 3 worked somehow :/

Is a player group array different?

Level 8
So, that could have been the problem with my combat triggers (each unit had a unit group they were in combat with) and it wasn't going through the loop for the numbers over 1

Status
Not open for further replies.