• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Triggers disappearing (UI Bug) when using folders/comments

Level 2
I am not 100% what causes it, but it seems when I use folders to organise triggers and/or comments (not sure which one or both) and save my map, a bug can occur where if I reload the map all triggers except for 1-2 (out of 30+) are no longer shown in the trigger editor. And as far as I know, there is no way to recover from this.

I am confident that this is a mere UI bug, because testing a map affected by this I can confirm that all the (now hidden) triggers still work exactly as before. However, once this occurs on a map, it is basically broken because now I cannot continue working on it as I can't restore or access the now hidden triggers to make changes etc.

I've been able to avoid it by not using folders/comments, but of course, those could be very handy.

• Is it known what exactly causes this bug? My other issue with it is that importing systems/triggers from resources is often a matter of copying folders (which then may cause this bug).
  • Is there any way to prevent it from happening or restore a map affected by it?

Thank you in advance.

I haven't been able to find anything about this being a (well) known issue neither here nor via Google, so I'm asking. Apologies if I missed something where this has been discussed previously.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I am not 100% what causes it, but it seems when I use folders to organise triggers and/or comments (not sure which one or both) and save my map, a bug can occur where if I reload the map all triggers except for 1-2 (out of 30+) are no longer shown in the trigger editor. And as far as I know, there is no way to recover from this.

I am confident that this is a mere UI bug, because testing a map affected by this I can confirm that all the (now hidden) triggers still work exactly as before. However, once this occurs on a map, it is basically broken because now I cannot continue working on it as I can't restore or access the now hidden triggers to make changes etc.

I've been able to avoid it by not using folders/comments, but of course, those could be very handy.

• Is it known what exactly causes this bug? My other issue with it is that importing systems/triggers from resources is often a matter of copying folders (which then may cause this bug).
  • Is there any way to prevent it from happening or restore a map affected by it?

Thank you in advance.

I haven't been able to find anything about this being a (well) known issue neither here nor via Google, so I'm asking. Apologies if I missed something where this has been discussed previously.
Sounds like you're on a weird version of Warcraft 3 or something. That shouldn't be happening on any of the latest patches.

Level 2
Thanks for the reply.

That's odd, I am on the latest patch as I am using the regular Bnet client with auto-updates.

It last happened when I copied over triggers from the highest rated "shop system" on hive workshop. I do keep lots of backups so was able to recover quickly.

I will try and reproduce it tomorrow by using comments/folders.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Thanks for the reply.

That's odd, I am on the latest patch as I am using the regular Bnet client with auto-updates.

It last happened when I copied over triggers from the highest rated "shop system" on hive workshop. I do keep lots of backups so was able to recover quickly.

I will try and reproduce it tomorrow by using comments/folders.
Not sure what to do besides reinstalling / making sure you're up to date on everything.

Level 2
Ok I just:

• Created 3 folders (categories) and moved some triggers into them
  • Saved and closed the map
  • Reopened
Edit: Some more findings if anyone else is having the same problem wondering how to prevent it: it is definitely the folders that are causing this. Comments and trigger comments are fine, but as soon as I add a folder, every trigger below (nested or not) will disappear. So if I create a new folder at the very top, ALL triggers disappear, for example.

And now all the triggers including the created folders are "gone" i.e. invisible. I am up to date because I can go online just fine.

The only thing I can think of that's "different" is that the map I used as a base is Gnollwood (rather than a freshly created map).

I'll see if reinstalling helps. Thank you.

Last edited: