• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree Tentacle Update

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
"Tree" "Tree" "Tree" "Tree" its a living Tree
i hope this will useful

and Give credit if you use to your map
enjoy.....

Update Fix
-added Branches to Connect those Floating Canopy leaves
-Fix the Thinner or Squashed part while Moving

Keywords:
ashenvale,tree,tentacle,living tree
Contents

Tree Tentacle Update (Model)

Tree Tentacle Update (Model)

Reviews
16:50, 5th Jan 2016 Misha: the idea is good, the execution not so much, what you should have in mind is that every part of the canopy needs to be connected to a branch and not be like floating wherever.. take a bit of time and try to arrange your...

M

16:50, 5th Jan 2016
Misha: the idea is good, the execution not so much, what you should have in mind is that every part of the canopy needs to be connected to a branch and not be like floating wherever.. take a bit of time and try to arrange your branches and canopies, so they're feeling more connected. Also i noticed the shape of the tree trunk really gets distorted while wiggling or attacking, you should try to fix that too, because solid objects don't suddenly get thinner or squashed-like while moving

okay, there is still clipping with the base of many branches, going through the tree trunk in animations, the top of the tree canopy doesn't really follow the curved shape of the tentacle-trunk, model has no 'origin', 'overhead', or 'weapon' attachment points, and decay animation ingame plays fast, goes back up, and then plays normally

also, i'd add 'ancient protector' swing as an attack anim sound, and normal tree death sound for alternate death

definitely a cool idea, very cool idea.

still feels jerky, you should modify some key frames, perhaps by simply adding some more frames, to slow down the animation in places

i think the finger tip that does the poking during attack should be more covered in green, to look less fake.

the blighted additions are marvelous

7/10 shouldnt need much more work its pretty nice but the animations feel pretty jerky

definitely a cool idea, very cool idea.

still feels jerky, you should modify some key frames, perhaps by simply adding some more frames, to slow down the animation in places

i think the finger tip that does the poking during attack should be more covered in green, to look less fake.

the blighted additions are marvelous

7/10 shouldnt need much more work its pretty nice but the animations feel pretty jerky

the animation came from WC3 Default tentacle animations it would be bad if I'm going to edit, it will be worse