• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree Burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, me and some buddies are making a custom map and we were trying to make a whisp that burns down a tree while he gathers the wood, is there anyway I can do this by scripting or making a chain of triggers?

Level 13
you could try making a small infernal model for the wisp instead of a wisp. as for damaging the tree you can probably trigger in some dmg to the tree somewhere i guess.
like a unit starts the effect of an ability do 5 dmg to the tree condition ability equal to harvest or something like that.

also i guess i forgot to mention you want an edited version of permanent immolation where it does no dmg...of course you could give this ability to the wisp and say screw infernal model. you'd of course want to edit the targets so they affect only tree. and if you have to have the fires only "hurt" the tree that you're mining for the sake of graphics, try playing around with the range/area of effect of the perm immol.

Status
Not open for further replies.