• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Tree Burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Im making a trigger for AIDSasuras and i ran into a problem
im making it mui which isnt the problem (i dont think) just that the special effects dont show up, here is what he wants http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/tree-burn-123079/
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Actions
  • Custom script: local effect udg_fire
  • Custom script: local effect udg_boom
  • Custom script: local unit udg_unit
  • Set unit = (Triggering unit)
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of unit using Doodads\Cinematic\TownBurningFireEmitter\TownBurningFireEmitter.mdl
  • Set fire = (Last created special effect)
  • Wait 50.00 seconds
  • Special Effect - Destroy fire
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\SteamTank\SteamTankImpact.mdl
  • Set boom = (Last created special effect)
  • Special Effect - Destroy boom
i havent made the conditions and the variables are fire (special fx) boom (same as fire) and unit (unit)
please help me out here

Level 4
You need to set the unit...
If you dont set the unit, any "Triggering" unit will get the effect

Set FireUnit = Triggering unit

Special effect - Create a special effect ... FireUnit ...

and so on...

When you are done, do this:

Set FireUnit = No Unit
so it stays leakless

Level 12
Try removing all but one, it also says somewere in there that you cant use more then one.

EDIT: read the red print.
Warning The first suggestion for local variables is incorrect. While the use of multiple local variables is demonstrated, in fact only ONE local variable can be used in GUI. Until the tutorial is updated, please keep this in mind and either use only one local variable in GUI or consider using JASS for spells.

Level 8
Why not make a unit-dummy as the special effect?

Make a locust unit supposedly called fire.

Set the model path to the fire model path, this should make the dummy look like a fire.

Create the dummy unit at the location of the tree.

Give the dummy unit an expiration timer, so when the timer runs out the dummy unit dies.

It won't hurt if you make an extra trigger that removes the dummy fire unit when it dies.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.