• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

total freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzc

zzc

Level 3
either its massive lag or some other error that makes the game freeze up

• Begin Advancing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 900
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • -------- Go Archimonde Go --------
      • Set ArchimondeAttacking = True
      • Camera - Set a spacebar-point for AAAP_NightElves at (Position of Archimonde)
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for AAPG_NightElves at (Position of Archimonde) for 4.00 seconds
      • Sound - Setup all volume channels for speech
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Archimonde named Archimonde: Play N07Archimonde24 <gen> and display Come, you night elv.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Sound - Reset all volume channels to 100%
      • Unit - Order Archimonde to Attack-Move To (Center of EndArchimondeAtTree01 <gen>)
      • Hero - Set Archimonde Hero-level to 1000, Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Make P_Archimonde Heroes gain 2000.00% experience from future kills
      • Hero - Make P_FirstUndeadBase Heroes gain 2000.00% experience from future kills
      • Hero - Make P_SecondUndeadBase Heroes gain 2000.00% experience from future kills
      • Hero - Make P_ThirdUndeadBase Heroes gain 2000.00% experience from future kills
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
which part is causing the lag/leak? i can see the text so i am sure this trigger is causing the freeze.

Level 37
Things that leak:
    • Camera - Set a spacebar-point for AAAP_NightElves at (Position of Archimonde)
    ^Location handle

• Unit - Order Archimonde to Attack-Move To (Center of EndArchimondeAtTree01 <gen>)
    ^Location handle

^Location handle

Things that would cause it to lag:
  • I dunno

Are you sure that this trigger is the source of the lag and not something else building up...? I presume that it takes a while for a Hero to reach level 900...

zzc

zzc

Level 3
yes it does take awhile but with the adv constants tweaked it does not. does a high hero max lvl really cause freeze?

why doesnt destroying the trigger clear leak?

Level 37
why doesnt destroying the trigger clear leak?
Destroying a trigger just prevents it from ever running again. Ever. I'm not sure what else it does, but I do know that it definitely does not clear other leaks for you (location, unit group, player force, etc).

I'm guessing that there are a ton of other things that leak in your map that can cause it to start lagging, and then evidently crash. Especially in a long game where Heroes can reach level 900. However, I don't want to jump to the conclusion that that is the sole reason of the lag you speak of, so hopefully someone more experienced can give more input on the functions used in your trigger.

Level 37
I wasn't asking you to upload your map.
I'm guessing that there are a ton of other things that leak in your map that can cause it to start lagging, and then evidently crash. Especially in a long game where Heroes can reach level 900. However, I don't want to jump to the conclusion that that is the sole reason of the lag you speak of, so hopefully someone more experienced can give more input on the functions used in your trigger.

zzc

zzc

Level 3
too much is not good

oh I see.

anyway after cutting down the max to 100 no more freezing.

I guess the issue is the high hero max lvl costing too much xp to input - its in the millions i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.