• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Customized Experience Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[Solved] Customized Experience Gain

Hello everyone,

I would like to do this in my map: Disable experience gain from all units (including computer players and neutral hostile) but not with "Disable Experience Gain" and replace it with my custom exp gain trigger.

The thing is this: First I made a map like every other and the hero gained experience from creeps and by killing undeads. Total normal. But the problem is, that the undeads belong to an Computer(player) and so the hero gains much more exp by killing undeads than killing creeps (Neutral Hostile). I want to make this level/same.

So I thought of a custom experience trigger.

This trigger looks like this:
(Remark: Player 2 is the Human player with the hero)

• Exp Gain
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to True
      • ((Dying unit) is in TrollGruppe) Equal to False
      • ((Region centered at (Position of (Dying unit)) with size (2000.00, 2000.00)) contains Held) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set ExpGain = ((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) x (((Real((Level of (Dying unit)))) - 1.00) / (Real((Hero level of Held)))))
      • Set ExpGain = (ExpGain + 1.00)
      • Set ExpGainInt = (Integer(ExpGain))
      • Hero - Add ExpGainInt experience to Held, Show level-up graphics
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(ExpGainInt)) + |cff0066cc XP|r) above (Dying unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
And my Gameplay Constants are set like this:

134226d1397039139-customized-experience-gain-bildschirmfoto-2014-04-09-um-12.25.06.png

Now I have the following situation:

Neutral Hostile gives me as much exp as in the trigger. Not more, not less. This is good.
Undead players give me more than this trigger says. This is not good.

HOW CAN I DISABLE EXPERIENCE GAIN FROM UNITS WHO BELONG TO ENEMY PLAYERS(COMPUTERS)?

Thank you very much for your help =)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE: SOLVED

One just has to add this action(s):
  • Hero - Enable experience gain for Held
  • Hero - Make Player 2 (Blue) Heroes gain 0.00% experience from future kills
And use the Trigger "Exp Gain" above.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-09 um 12.25.06.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-09 um 12.25.06.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.