• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tornado & Meteor Strike v1.05b

Tornado Tooltip said:
49329d1236399273-spells-systems-mini-contest-18-raise-tornado.jpg

Raise Tornado

The Hero generates such mighty wind currents forming a tornado which slows any unit who gets within 600 range of the tornado and damages each unit persistently every time it reaches the tornado's eye. The damage the tornado deals per second increases by 5 every time one unit is pulled by the tornado. Whenever the tornado comes in contact with the flaming residues from Flame Strike, it ignites and bursts every flaming rock it pulls into pieces.
The tornado lasts 10 seconds.

Level 1 - Slows attack speed by 10 % and movement speed by 15%. Deals initially 15 damage per second.
Level 2 - Slows attack speed by 20 % and movement speed by 30%. Deals initially 20 damage per second.
Level 3 - Slows attack speed by 30 % and movement speed by 45%. Deals initially 25 damage per second.
Level 4 - Slows attack speed by 40 % and movement speed by 60%. Deals initially 30 damage per second.

Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Meteor Strike Tooltip said:
49330d1236399273-spells-systems-mini-contest-18-meteor-strike.jpg

Meteor Strike

The Hero conjures a meteor strike dealing damage on impact and leaving burning flames which burn nearby units. Whenever a summoned Tornado comes in contact with the flaming residues from Flame Strike, the tornado ignites and bursts every flaming rock it pulls into pieces.

Level 1 - 2 meteors dealing 25 impact damage each and 10 fire damage per second.Has 200 AoE.
Level 2 - 4 meteors dealing 50 impact damage each and 15 fire damage per second. Has 250 AoE.
Level 3 - 6 meteors dealing 75 impact damage each and 20 fire damage per second. Has 300 AoE.
Level 4 - 8 meteors dealing 100 impact damage each and 25 fire damage per second. Has 350 AoE.
Tornado bursts deal 25/50/75/100 impact damage and 5/10/15/20 additional damage is dealt per second depending on Tornado's level.

Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Well, I'm creating this for S&SMC #18, but i fail to update it again to add more system.
It's too hard to tell the spell from the tooltip or screenshot, it's pretty complex.

Credit to msaeed28 for creating the tooltip, cause I confused to create it due to complex spell.
This spell is still NOT done, I'm still want to Improve it like adding knockback, dummy handle system, etc.
Due to Laziness and Busy, I decide to not Improve this spell. At least not until I get time to do it.
This spell contain my MUI index system, Nova system, Dps system created by me. You can use that, but give credit to me.
This spell still contain some Object editor ability that not used and a trigger that not used
Now spell is clean from not-used thing
Now Spell work for Patch 1.24
Now Spell follow new rules
v1.00
Upload Spell

v1.00b
Change hotkey for Meteor Strike
Add Screen Shot

v1.00c
Change meteor model

v1.01
Change the way meteor damage on impact
Add some tooltip
Change slow aura to not target friendly unit

v1.02
Minor change the effect
Add dps

v1.03
Change the meteor strike burst effect
Add nova system

v1.04
Make tornado burn when burst meteor.
Add damage when burning tornado dies.

v1.04b
Erase some unused variable.
Erase some unused object editor ability.
Clean the trigger.

v1.04c
Fix Meteor Strike tooltip.
Fix some description error.
Change name of the file.

v1.05
Change Indexing methods
Now spell follow the new rules

v1.05a
Fix Indexing error when recycling

v1.05b
Reduce the lag caused by Nova system
Reduce damage caused by collision
Change effect when Flame is bursted
Change effect when tornado explode

Keywords:
Meteor, Strike, Tornado, MUI, GUI, Synergy, Mage_Goo, S&SMC
Contents

Mage_Goo Entry (Map)

Reviews
00:43, 3rd Jan 2010 TriggerHappy: Not too original but they were decent.

M

00:43, 3rd Jan 2010
TriggerHappy:

Not too original but they were decent.

Level 17
Fix this in the resource description in the Tornado Tooltip:
|nThe damage

Change this:
Tornado bursts deal 25/50/75/100 impact damage.

5/10/15/20 additional damage is dealt per second depending on Tornado's level.

Things corrected in YellowGreen are optional and just for the sake of better understanding and easiness. However, the thing in Red is a grammatical mistake to be fixed.

And thanks for mentioning me :D appreciated!

@ Septimus:
he mentioned it twice because it's the same letter...
& i'll read your mind and agree that it would be better if only one hotkey of the two T's is shown as hotkey ;)

Level 25
S&S #18 submision upload, eh?
I will make sure i redo my one before uploading(better indexing will be implemented to reduce lag).
Anyway redownloading...

EDIT:
Too bad you didn't implement that nova in your submision :p
Also i don't know if it will make a difrence but i would turn off the core triggers of the systems so they aren't initialy on :p

Level 10
Fix this in the resource description in the Tornado Tooltip:
|nThe damage
Change this:
Tornado bursts deal 25/50/75/100 impact damage.

5/10/15/20 additional damage is dealt per second depending on Tornado's level.

Things corrected in YellowGreen are optional and just for the sake of better understanding and easiness. However, the thing in Red is a grammatical mistake to be fixed.

And thanks for mentioning me :D appreciated!
Ok, now I'm update the spell and fix the error. Thanks for find it!:grin:
& i'll read your mind and agree that it would be better if only one hotkey of the two T's is shown as hotkey ;)
Hmm, you mean only one T is colored? Well, that's won't cause any difference.
I've always loved combo possible Spells o_O So i'm DLing now =D "Review" coming soon...

Couldn't open it, file was corrupted or somthin'...
Sorry for that, the spell can't opened/cause error while downloading because the spell name was too long. Now I'm update it and shorten the name.
S&S #18 submision upload, eh?
I will make sure i redo my one before uploading(better indexing will be implemented to reduce lag).
Anyway redownloading...

EDIT:
Too bad you didn't implement that nova in your submision :p
Also i don't know if it will make a difrence but i would turn off the core triggers of the systems so they aren't initialy on :p
Well, maybe you're right, will do in another update, together with adding knockback and parabolic knockback system.

Level 10
Why should you do that?
Belive me overcomplicated spells are sometimes worse than simple ones :p
I think that by adding so much systems you get a hard-to-copy really complex spell...
Still my thoughts, if this were my spell i would leave it as it is :p
It's to change some impossible/strange part of the spell, like this:
damaged again while in the eye (I'm going to change it to throwed)
Unit have "Burned" buff, but not taking damage.
Burned tornado just getting red (I'm going to add fire effect)
When tornado explode, it's just add effect (I'm going to add knockback)

To make it more easy-to-copy I'll combine all of these system to only one very-long-and-complicated trigger.
I'm going to reduce the usage of object editor stuff and change it to triggered system cause trigger is easier to copy.

Well, at least it will increase my triggering skill, isn't?

It still a long way to go.

Level 12
Well hey, it worked:grin:
The spells themselves aren't extremely original, but the way you combine them certainly is^^
I looked through the triggering hastily (99% sure i missed some stuff...),
but it seems that your periodic triggers are never turned off?
I also noticed that you use custom values.
I dont know anything about it, but i mostly hear that using custom values is baaaad...

Else, nice idea and execution (though the tornado created some powerful lag when
moving through the fire o_O).

So 4/5 and +rep:thumbs_up:

Level 10
Well hey, it worked:grin:
The spells themselves aren't extremely original, but the way you combine them certainly is^^
I looked through the triggering hastily (99% sure i missed some stuff...),
but it seems that your periodic triggers are never turned off?
I also noticed that you use custom values.
I dont know anything about it, but i mostly hear that using custom values is baaaad...

Else, nice idea and execution (though the tornado created some powerful lag when
moving through the fire o_O).

So 4/5 and +rep:thumbs_up:
Tornado lag caused by too many effect it's created, but it's only lag on level 3-4.
The periodic trigger is never turned off, cause i don't think it's a must, will changed on next update.
I use custom value for the dummy, not the caster, it's not bad.

Well, for the lag, i don't know how to fix it, I've try changed the effect, but it's still lag.

Level 10
~Update Necropost!~
v1.05
Change Indexing methods
Now spell follow the new rules

v1.05a
Fix Indexing error when recycling

v1.05b
Reduce the lag caused by Nova system
Reduce damage caused by collision
Change effect when Flame is bursted
Change effect when tornado explode