1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Torment Arena v1.8

Submitted by Conlan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
8 souls of Magtheridon's slaves, each embody one of the 27 legendary champions and face each other in eternal combat. Yet they never die as a punishment due to resurrection powers of Torment Arena. In the end, they must face Magtheridon himself to end this suffering.

---The map is protected.

Torment Arena is a pure-action deathmatch/team deathmatch style custom mod for 8 players. Featuring:

-27 each unique heroes, with their own skill combos, styles and many trigger based abilities.
-More than 100 hero skills and alot more unit skills.
-Balanced items, artifacts with an initial item cooldown system
-Many game mods and gameplay options
-30 Creep waves and 5 Bosses
-Unique Score system with an optional Score balance-system
-A Kill Spree system with custom sounds
-Balanced power-up spawns depending on # of Players
-Many ingame commands
-Capturable Towers and a Fountain
-15 unique game Events
-Computer AI support (3 difficulities)
-Tons of memory leaks
-Very nice custom models (made by others)
-Many, many more...

Enjoy

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 1.8 : This version was actually completed long time ago, with the exception of a few issues. I wanted this to be perfect and was unable to fix those few issues, thus resulting me stopped mapmaking (also because of the unfixable problems in Unholy Invasion 1.2) and didnt release this version since its not perfect. However, many people asked for it for sometime, and then i decided to release this, but please consider it as a BETA and remind me things that malfunction or balance issues (expect BALANCe problems and i'm sorry for that). You may experience fatal errors and i'm aware that new Berserker Rage spell does not function when used by AI. So anyway, please keep in mind this version is not perfect so keep me informed about your gameplay experiences and ill fix it.

v1.7 - v1.8 changelog:
------------------------
-Added a new hero; Death Knight.
-Improved hero selection area. Hero infos are now shown by selecting heroes.
-Modified Arena cliff levels for better sight range.
-Added hero glow to all heroes and bosses.
-Overall text color improvements.
-New models for Berserker, Blade Dancer, Druid, Lightning Mage and Ranger. New skin for Crypt Lord.
-New icons for Anti-Magic Shell, Bolt of Chaos, Holy Avenger, Holy Smite, Knockback and Paralyze.
-New effect for Anti-Magic Shell.
-New Incinerate projectile.
-Added a new store area to the south.
-Berserker; reworked Frenzy.
-Crypt Lord; Impale now has a chance to unearth a corpse.
-Dark Elf; replaced Cunning with a new skill; Adrenaline Rush. Reworked Energy Steal.
-Dragon Knight; replaced Dragon Strike with a new skill; Essence of Fire.
-Druid; remade Entangling Roots. Reworked Shapeshift.
-Fire Mage; replaced Flame Strike with a new skill; Inferno.
-Fire Mage; replaced Fire Serpent with a new skill; Fireblast.
-Frost Mage; remade Frost Mastery.
-Ice Horror; remade Frozen Terror.
-Lightning Mage; replaced Lightning Speed with a new skill; Force of Lightning.
-Mage Hunter; replaced Silence with a new skill; Etheral Shield. Reworked Magic Resistance and Soul Burn.
-Morphed Demon; reworked Bolt of Chaos.
-Planetar is no longer an anti-undead hero. All skills reworked.
-Spectral Assassin is no longer an anti-living hero. All skills reworked.
-Storm Lancer; replaced Storm Call with a new skill; Storm Charge. Reworked Vorpal Lance.
-Summoner; replaced Enchant with a new skill; Arcane Aura. Summoner can now only have one Fire Golem at the same time.
-Vengeful Knight; reworked Paralyze.
-Warchief; replaced Pulverize with a new skill; Battle Rage. Reworked Knockback.
-Reworked Scepter of Healing and Tome of Chaos. They are now Intelligence based.
-Added a light effect for Planetar and a special effect for his Holy Aura.
-Bolt of Chaos, Enraged Strike, Soul Burn and Tome of Chaos now shows dealt/bonus dealt damage.
-Treasures in Treasure Hunt Event now shows gained Score when picked up.
-Phantom Cloak can now be used by Dark Elf, Titan's Cleaver can now be used by Dragon Knight.
-Titan's Cleaver can no longer be used by Vengeful Knight.
-Anti-Magic Lance and Venom Blades can no longer be used by Half-Dragon.
-Items can now only be changed in a 90 second period after hero selection and each defeated Boss.
-Improved Magic Pouch.
-Remade all item triggers.
-Balance fixes.
-Lots of bug fixes.

Keywords:
arena, hero, hero arena, torment arena, torment, survival, offense
Contents

Torment Arena v1.8 (Map)

Reviews
12:44, 26th Aug 2008 Septimus: Delete a approve resources and re-upload is consider as rules violation of hiveworkshop. Do it again and more serious punishment would be ment at you. -Neg rep you and re-paste all review by MasterHaosis....
  1. 12:44, 26th Aug 2008
    Septimus: Delete a approve resources and re-upload is consider as rules violation of hiveworkshop. Do it again and more serious punishment would be ment at you.

-Neg rep you and re-paste all review by MasterHaosis.

MasterHaosis: Hey man this map is really funny to play. Yes nice unique 25 ,,champions'', also nice fight with Booses and creeps. I also respect your hard work there
    [ ] Map scanned of viruses
    [ ] Map doesnot crash WC3 as far I can see
    [ ] Map is yours/seems no edited from other author
    [APPROVED]

2. worms577

worms577

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's the best of all the hero arenas!
    A really good map, with beautiful heroes...
    5/5

3. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry but in this map, heroes die a bit harder than most other maps. I've killed Planetar a thousand times, he can be killed, but he is one of the hardest heroes to kill
    I really don't think this map deserve any lesser than 4.. (2.67 currently, after all those work, all those updates since 2003!)

by the way thank you worms577

I DONT RE-UPLOAD, I'VE JUST UPDATED MY MAP!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  4. UnholyDobry

UnholyDobry

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    awsome map i don't know why rateing is low atm but i will give you 5. You put a lot of efort in this map can't imagine how long it took you to balance all heros and make AI for them and those items to fit and all that I think this will be one of best maps on hive

5. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you UnholyDobry. Yes, there is an incredible work on it, (2003-2008) ~4500 saves&tests in editor means really a lot. AI is not that good and a bit laggy on some computers, sorry for that (it is really hard to make an AI in GUI) By the way, I'm sorry that I saw 1.5c has a bug with Keep the Flag event, due to Blizzard's 1.22 patch :mad:. I've fixed that, and made improvements on item system. You now start with only 2 basic items and purchase an additional basic item/artifact in arena after each defeated boss. Also you can change your items anytime (since all items of same class are balanced). But what takes my lot of time is; when you purchase an item with a cooldown in arena, you can't use it until it's cooldown is filled. This means you can't change your gloves of haste with a healing potion, use it immediately and change it again with gloves of haste again.
    The new version 1.5d will be available in these days, but there is a bug and I really never understand why it's happening. Every line of trigger is just looks perfect, damn it...Hope I can fix that.

EDIT: Fixed all known bugs, TONS of memory leaks (the map is much, much faster now), gameplay updates and balance fixes and so on..
    Released 1.6, most stable version after all those day/night work.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  6. worms577

worms577

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you think you will create new heroes?

7. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I may add new heroes if i get new ideas =)

8. worms577

worms577

Resources:
    Resources:
    A hydra hero! (it's an idea, no?)

9. COMBO

COMBO

Resources:
    Resources:
    im gona test this map now

10. MagnusREX

MagnusREX

Resources:
    Resources:
    People are retards,this map deserves a 5!

11. Arowanna

Arowanna

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I really love this Arena ;)
    You can play it for ages and it's not getting boring!

Rating
    Highly Recommended

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  12. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Conlan, have u been working on this behind my back? Shame on you!

I usually dont like hero arenas, but since ur Conlan and awesome, i am going to try it

13. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hey duke-zip :) I was made this map's first version at 2003 when I was 15 :D.
    You may give it a try :)

14. Byaku

Byaku

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is great and this map has an AI player!!!! :infl_thumbs_up:
    Please make Planetar weaker, he is to strong for me.
    I rate it 5/5, Good job, man!!!!! :grin:

15. Vosty

Vosty

Resources:
    Resources:
    5/5

Totally True I've Played this map 12 times solo and 5 on b.net. There is so many characters and so many modes.
    This map Rox. 6/5

16. Ozgarath

Ozgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a very well made arena. It was a little irritating at times though. since most of the time it was all about ganking heroes that was fighitng creeps and bosses. I only tried it FFA though, might be different when playing with teams.

17. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New update is coming soon with a few new features and a new hero

18. Raziel_br

Raziel_br

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have AI?

19. Byaku