• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Top 3 annoying things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi. This is a small list of randomly ordered things that have annoyed me the most when using the hive in the past few months. Some were introduced by hive2 and I thought they would be fixed but they weren't so now I make this thread.

1. Search Result page doesn't use same search
I'm taking about when I go to a section, let's say models, and query a search like so:
ATpgWKu.png

It works fine. But if I then do a search on the result page it forgot i was searching for models and shows all sorts of related content.

qudmQba.png

1bQbvqi.png

I have had heard several users complain about this. If this is by design, please offer an option to customize.

2. Spell Section is a mess
On every description on this side, it says it's for custom made *spells*. Yet when you go on the page: Spells | HIVE
Only 1 of the 20 displayed items is a spell. The rest are systems/templates. I would be fine with this, if there were a way to hide systems and other stuff, so I get the spells I came here for. But instead I can only decide to hide spells. Wtf?
MEDGR4n.png

3. New editor vs bbcode editor
The new editor is nice, but doesn't support many bbcodes, like [\hr], [\center], [\box] etc. so I still need both.
When I switch to the bbeditor, instead of keeping the caret position, it's always at the end of the document. Can thios be changed please (at least to beginning of doc..)
0hVL45r.png

5gI57FL.png

Also, when switching from, rich text -> bbcode -> back to rich text, the textarea-height is now smaller...Why?

While on the bbcode editor it looks adjustable
DUkiigS.png
, both textareas aren't adjustable in size(height), yet have different, fixed height, or even 2 possible height. What is going on here?
Additionally, inline pictures should be resized like in chat, otherwise they just take up too much space.
And so many more issues ;(

Other small bugs:
  • on a map page, the header shows the size of the first uploaded map and not the current
    yI8KUwU.png

alwniuc.png
  • probably other stuff but gtg now

Hope this helps you to fix this.
A moose for good measure:
GpI6vrm.png
[/box][/center][/hr]

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
1. Search Result page doesn't use same search
I agree. Now register and like my post.
3. New editor vs bbcode editor, shit's bugged
You make no argument as to why it is bugged. No real example.
While on the bbcode editor it looks adjustable
DUkiigS.png
, both textareas aren't adjustable in size(height), yet have different, fixed height, or even 2 possible height. What is going on here?
It's adjustable in my browser. Which one are you using?
on a map page, the header shows the size of the first uploaded map and not the current
You mean it never updates the filesize on the map (below description) or the bundle (top)?

Level 23
Okay I changed the title. Again here are my biggest problems with the editors concisely:
1. Changing between rich/bbcode, caret postion gets lost and bbcode is always at end of document
2. They aren't re-sizable for me (chrome) and the height changes after going back and forth.
3. The inline editor doesn't recognize many bbcodes, but some are parsed and idk, as you can see at my edit history and current state of my post, it added closing bbcodes there automatically. I don't have reproducible steps right now though.
4. No preview for map presentations

You mean it never updates the filesize on the map (below description) or the bundle (top)?
Top doesn't update.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
3. The inline editor doesn't recognize many bbcodes, but some are parsed and idk, as you can see at my edit history and current state of my post, it added closing bbcodes there automatically. I don't have reproducible steps right now though.
That shouldn't be a problem though. It will still format them. Oh and [hr] needs to be closed with [hr][/hr] on this one.

Test

Level 19
I agree many inconveniences.

One being the new post thread doesn't have a category on the side to sort by forum, instead each article has its own forum mentioned with its title.

Another and this one is a real problem for me, is that there I no longer any order in the map section or any other section for that matter. Maps used to be so easy to pick out at play, but now the only time I play a warcraft map is when I see one posted in new posts.

A smaller issue that has been discussed before is the in ability to use emotiocons in visitor messages, but I understand Ralle that you can do nothing about that since the change into a new code or something?

Anyway I guess It is asking for too much to change these things.... We will probably not even notice the change

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I'm mostly saying that I don't really want to bother making huge edits to this kind of system. XenForo is highly modifiable but the way they implemented visitor messages as status updates, if we add BB code support it would break the sidebar widget showing messages and the current status of the user and more. I find those to be more valuable than most of the things mentioned.

Level 11
My only issue right now with the new hive is that you can't search specificly for models/skins/icons without getting a lot of irellevant threads also popping up during the finds.
We can search through author, but not tags, I just find this annoying.

Also when trying to sort resources by date it really messes up everything and doesnt give the correct order.

Else everything is fine.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
My only issue right now with the new hive is that you can't search specificly for models/skins/icons without getting a lot of irellevant threads also popping up during the finds.
That's not true. Go to "More Options" and you can select "Resources and Bundles" and only find resources, you can filter it much more than on the old site.
We can search through author, but not tags, I just find this annoying.
You can do that too.
Also when trying to sort resources by date it really messes up everything and doesnt give the correct order.
It sorts by update time/moderation time/submission time whichever is newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.