• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Annoying redirects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When I navigate to the forums or anywhere from the homepage I get a redirect to an advertisement page, which is really annoying because I have to type in the forums address every time I want to go to the forums... Seriously, popups are annoying but this is just a pain in the ass... -.-

Level 36
Nope. I have it too. And the ads are for the same sites as the ones in the banners, so it can only be that they are from this site. It's only on the homepage, too. It says "Advertisement: Your page is loading" and then after about a minute the page loads. But it's still a pain in the ass.

Level 14
You mean something like this?

I thought it was just something they did to make more money to keep the site running, so I didn't really care much..

Attachments

• New Picture (17).jpg
    New Picture (17).jpg
    104 KB · Views: 221
Level 14
Never had it.

Must be spyware.

Obviously since you've never had it, it has to be spyware. It couldn't just be random ads?

Anyway, yeah there are a bunch of different ones. The ones I remember (and get) most are the highschool and netflix ones.

Level 14
I get them mostly when I go to the main page and then use user cp or new posts buttons that are around the middle of the page, not the ones at the top.

Level 3
*gasp* RALLE IS TRYING TO HACK US!!!EVERYONE QUIT THIS SITE NOW OR LOSE YOUR COMP!!!No I'm only joking but it could be another site tryin to send this whole advertising crap to this one.You never know.People come up with amazing stuff these days 0_O.And a bit off topic sorry to do this but ralle can you plz respond to your message 0_O.PEON POWER FTW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.