• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

403 - Forbidden Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello, evryone. I have a glitch (or something similar) I am calling the 403 bug. Every once in a while when I acess ANY page on THW, I will be redirected to a blank page with nothing but the text "403 - Forbidden" on it. If I refresh the page I acess the proper page normally (unless it strikes again, which has happened once). While it isn't a very severe bug, it can get very annoying at times, so if someone knows how to prevent this or is also experiencing this glitch, please let me know.

Level 1
This happens all the time.

This happens on not just this website but every single website. It's just something like the critical error you get in other full screen games when there's too much information, but the 403 error is something of the opposite. The 403 errors inform you of the fact that the streaming of the data from the page to one's machine was interrupted. This is somewhat of a nuisance but unfortunately it cannot be fixed. All one can do is to click on refresh to restream the data to his computer. One group of hackers decided to change the 403 error as a joke to:

404 Error - Not found.

The web page you are looking for was not found. We have dispatched a team of highly trained monkeys to deal with the problem. If you decide to report this error, please include the following:

(To avoid spamming, I will simply explain that there are 50+ lines of gibberish generated by rolling one's face on the keyboard or simply throwing the keyboard at the wall following the instruction to "include the following.")

:thumbs_up:

Level 13
I use Windows XP Service pack 3 + Google Chrome, and i never get any errors.
Although i lately get "Invalid link, if you followed a valid link, contact a administrator" very much...

Level 10
hmmm im using opera and (to 80%) i get that error when attaching a file to my post..
(i DONT get this error when doing anything else on the hive... only when attaching xD)
however this error shows when attaching the file is completed..

the strange thing about it is: the attached file is afterwards attached and works oO
so its nothing to worry about i think..

Status
Not open for further replies.