• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

403 Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hey guys, its been happening so often now when i visit the site now its annoying. Alot of the times i come to the site, it suddenly says 403 - Forbidden. and i cant enter the site, weird thing is later it just goes away, untill i click on a link twice (E.G going to see a topic) then it gives me the God damn 403 - Forbidden again.

Wtf. its not with my internet, because it only happens on this site. I just hope it doesnt happen when i post this.

Level 34
Never had an error. Sometimes the site won't load for me. As if the browser can't find it. I just wait a few minutes and try again, then it usually works.

Level 15
I've only seen it happen once, and that was when I was opening a bunch tabs at once. I am quite sure, as Ralle stated, that it has to do with the number of connections you have open to the site, as the webserver software currently allows a maximum of 5 simultaneous connections per IP address.

Level 11
Its probably caused by external ip-address conflicts. I'm betting the hive uses ip-addresses to decided when to give that error. Sometimes/Mosttimes it'll track the ip-address of a node instead of an individual. Main type of node: A router, a proxy, etc. I'm not sure what node is used for dial-up but I'm almost certain its not home-based, meaning you could be tracking several people under one external ip-address.

Edit: Fixed a typo

Level 15
Its probably caused by external ip-address conflicts. I'm betting the hive uses ip-addresses to decided when to give that error. Sometimes/Mosttimes it'll track the ip-address of a node instead of an individual. Main type of node: A router, a proxy, etc. I'm not sure what node is used for dial-up but I'm almost certain its not home-based, meaning you could be tracking several people under one external ip-address.

Edit: Fixed a typo

That would generally happen in a few cases:
#1) Someone is using a direct proxy (bad idea anyway)
#2) Someone's ISP uses a proxy configuration (I'm looking at you AOL) and the server software does not check the X-Forwarded-For HTTP header
#) Multiple users are sitting behind a firewall that uses port address translation to route all requests through a single public IP address

In any of the above cases, there's not much we can do about it. However, MOST of the uses here probably don't fall into categories #1 and #2. And those who are using #3 probably won't see any problems unless they have a ton of people on their private LAN all browsing the site at the same time.

Even so, it may be possible to increase the limit in the future if people continue to have problems AND if Hive's servers are able to take the increased load of more connections hitting the site.

Level 11
Whats your connection/provider? It might have something to do with the problem. Your provider my have allocated nodes for your area. So multiple THW goers might be surpassing max connections for THW. (When I say in your area, I mean a large area)

Status
Not open for further replies.