• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GOTO BBCode Not Explained & Not Working with Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I was recently messing around with BBCode & despite poring over the list a few times (BB codes), I couldn't for the life of me find where [goto] has gotten to. Used to be a useful function to direct/navigate users to different parts of a thread/webpage. Is this still a functionality we could have, or is it fully deprecated/unable to be implemented easily?

(Related, this thread) has a sort of follow-up which was never resolved; would be great if [goto] tags worked with the BBCode 'Tabs' function as well)

//EDIT// - Ok should've done a bit more digging; this thread as well as this one are evidence it still works? But it's definitely not present on the BBCode Explainer page (see link above), which would be great. And my 2nd point about GOTO working with Tabs still stands.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I guess it should also work with [hidden] or [spoiler] tags then.

I will add it to the list.......... :D
Yeah that would be great (if they don't already)! Thanks. (Though I imagine it's not near the top of what is probably a long list 😅)

(It's a good question, though; should it "un-hide" a block of hidden text, or "un-spoiler" a spoiler-ed text? Probably not?)

===

Who has permission to edit the bbcode explainer page? If I do I can add the note.

Status
Not open for further replies.