• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tooltip Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hey i just thought about the presentation of a map
and i guess tooltips are often an important thing to show a part of the gameplay but the thing is that many Tooltips are colored .
To post them it would look good with a Table or whatever, but you have to remove blizzard codes everywhere and if you want to have them colored you must add a new color again |r########-> [COLOR="Blubb"][/COLOR]
this isnt really that much work but i think it could get annoying with posting many tooltips

I have no clue about tags or websides or whatsoever
but i thought about adding "Tooltip" Tags which use these color codes .
I dont know if its much work or if its even possible to create such Tags here but i just think it could get handy and spare some time or improve presentations
in my opiion it would be a nifty thing which enables an easy and fast implementation.

Its just something which came in my mind.
dunno may its a crap idea

Last edited:
Level 15
eh, hard to explain
i mean if you want to present a map with its spells or whatsoever and Tooltips

but inside of the object editor it could look e.g. like this
|cffa7ff5fCreate Medikits [|cffffcc00Rank 1d|r|cffa7ff5f]|r

|cffa7ff5fThe Paramedic creates some Medikits which can be used to restore 325 hitpoints.|r|n|n|cffffcc00Rank 1|r - 2 Medikits , 260 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 2|r - 3 Medikits , 245 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 3|r - 4 Medikits , 230 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 4|r - 5 Medikits , 220 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 5|r - 6 Medikits , 210 Cd||cffffcc00Rank 6|r - 7 Medikits , 200 Cd

and if you want share it or present it you could make it like this
Create Medikids [Rank 1]

The Paramedic creates some Medikits which
can be used to restore 325 hitpoints.

Rank 1 - 2 Medikits , 260 Cd
Rank 2 - 3 Medikits , 245 Cd
Rank 3 - 4 Medikits , 230 Cd
Rank 4 - 5 Medikits , 220 Cd
Rank 5 - 6 Medikits , 210 Cd
Rank 6 - 7 Medikits , 200 Cd
But if there are many tooltips it would take some time and would be some stupid work
even it makes the map more available for others especially if it isnt already released

and it would be great if there could be some [Tooltip][Tooltip] tags
where you paste this tooltip how it is in the editor and used by wc3

where this
[Tooltip=""]|cffa7ff5fCreate Medikits [|cffffcc00Rank 1d|r|cffa7ff5f]|r

|cffa7ff5fThe Paramedic creates some Medikits which can be used to restore 325 hitpoints.|r|n|n|cffffcc00Rank 1|r - 2 Medikits , 260 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 2|r - 3 Medikits , 245 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 3|r - 4 Medikits , 230 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 4|r - 5 Medikits , 220 Cd|n|cffffcc00Rank 5|r - 6 Medikits , 210 Cd||cffffcc00Rank 6|r - 7 Medikits , 200 Cd[/Tooltip]

would return sth like this (or like the one shown above)
createmfx2.jpg

i know its kinda unnecessary and as said i have no clue in what way this is possible
but i think the base idea could be handy if it uses |c########text|r and |n or atleast hides it

Level 15
Oh now I get it! You want text formatting that makes it look like a tooltip with the Wc3 text and the Wc3 borders. Maybe even so you can hover some text and it will open a tooltip?

Awesome idea!

ye, that was what i mean

in my opinion it doesnt even has to use wc3 border or look very good

my main focus was that someone does not need to go though each tooltip and remove these codes and adjust everything manually

Level 12
I think it could be pretty cool as well to have wc3 tooltip tags. (With warcraft 3 borders). Could be useful if you want to show some tooltips then instead of taking screenshot and cutting it to the tooltip then you could just [tooltip=human]blahblah[/tooltip].

Status
Not open for further replies.