• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tool] FaMPQ beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone.
After several painful days in searches and research, I did collect on my knees, with my crooked hands, my own MPQ-tool (its not an editor yet) which I had wanted for a long time. And I find it extremely useful.

What problem did I want to solve?

I was very often approached by a routine connected with the import of content into the map - icons and models. As you know, Blizzards did not provide automatic tools to find the necessary paths and erase these here "war3mapImported". Well, when I needed 30 icons to edit all the paths properly, I decided that I could solve the problem through any mpq editor.
I was very surprised when I did not find a suitable editor for these purposes.
And when I started to write my own, I understood why it was not there.

And what is the result?

As a result, there is the basis for the future mpq-editor, with the possibility of mass editing the content in the map - icons and models. Now you can:
1) Massively update all paths for the icons the way they should be.
2) Add one file to the root of the mpq.
3) Add many files to the root of the mpq.
And all this will work right away in WE.

Restrictions

Since this is a beta version, the program has limitations. The more you use it, the easier it will be to get rid of restrictions later.
1) To run the program, you need SFmpq.dll - I attached it. Well, just about anybody.
2) Important - If you can't launch the tool and there is error that the class is not declared - run the BAT file in the root folder of the program - it will install the necessary component for the system. This theory needs to be checked, since my win7 works.
If you are paranoid and think that there are viruses - thanks for flattery and go to hell)

Actually, I request the test drive and your feedback :)

Also, there are before\after screenshots of tool:

FaMPQ_by_Fakov_[xgm.guru]_-_2018_2018-07-11_13.06.03.jpg
TestCodingIMP.w3m_opened_2018-07-11_13.06.39.jpg

Changelog

v1.0.1
- I tried to do this!

v1.0.2
- Fix existing DISBTN paths at map

v1.0.3
- Fixed UI
- Fixed adding files
- Added delete function
- Added context menu
- Optimized to faster building mpq

v1.0.4
- Fix UI
- Adding Rename function to popup menu

v1.0.8.3107
- Added main menu panel
- Fix rename function - now you can see the renaming file name in modal window.
- Fix deleting file from archive.
- Fix the BAT file to registering class normally.
- Also I created the install package.
Now, you have two ways to install and run the program: use the install package (Setup FaMPQ.exe) or unpack standart archive of program, run *.bat file and the run FaMPQ.exe.
As I see - there is no seriously difference between this two ways, but Install Package seems more stable for me.

v1.0.9.2803 (ACTUAL)
Extract function doesn't work yet!

-
Fixed incorrect saving mpq archive without deleting "war3mapImported/" paths.
- Uncheck in beginning checkbox about deleting "war3mapImported/".
- Fixed minor bugs.
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE FAMPQ - you may download and change only exe-file in directory. If you haven't - you need to setup this tool.

v1.0.9(TODO LIST)

- Add search into mpq
- Add Compact function
- Turn on Extract File function
- Add full extracting function
- Add fixing paths for DISPAS and DISATC icons
- Add blp viewer

Attachments

• FaMPQ Installer v 1.0.9.2803.rar
    740.2 KB · Views: 132
  • FaMPQ v 1.0.9.2803 (exe only).rar
    313.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Level 7
“place DISBTN’s icons where it sh”, what does it mean? The word "sh" seems to be an incorrect english word in the user interface.

Suggestion: Add a feature of adding "war3mapimported\" prefix to the map files including jass script and object data files. This can provide convenience to rebuild the map with the world editor.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yeap, "sh" was "should")) i will make a new UI in the nearest build - this version absolutely non-working.

I had fixed main function, which save war3map.imp correct now.

About suggestions - I will try, I have never need it)

Level 7
Yeap, "sh" was "should")) i will make a new UI in the nearest build - this version absolutely non-working.

I had fixed main function, which save war3map.imp correct now.

About suggestions - I will try, I have never need it)
Thanks for your kind reply! In my opinion, this work will be a special mpq editor that has the functionalities other editor doesn't have.
After some useful features being added, it will be awesome.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Huh! Will have to check it out later, get a handle on how it truly works, but a cursory examination seems promising; good work!

I offer my services as a spell checker.

Finally, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... You are aware that Blizzard is (almost certainly) moving away from the MPQ format, right?

@Retera

@Kyrbi0 But the MPQ format will continue to be used for maps. That isn't going to change. So this tool will continue to be relevant.

However, to solve the problem you are trying to solve, I recently have used the FileImporter system available in WEX (and previously in JNGP).

JASS:
//! external FileImporter C:\Users\Retera\Documents\ModDevelopment\Archive

Basically, if you save the map with a trigger with this custom script in it, JassHelper in WEX will run an external program to automatically add the contents of that folder to your map -- and to war3map.imp. And it will include all of the paths to the files that were present in your folder, such as "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\".
So, I've been building my mod in a folder structure in Windows explorer, rather than with the Import manager, and only when I'm finished working on content do I import using the WEX utility.

Level 4
Huh! Will have to check it out later, get a handle on how it truly works, but a cursory examination seems promising; good work!

I offer my services as a spell checker.

Finally, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... You are aware that Blizzard is (almost certainly) moving away from the MPQ format, right?

@Retera

Thank you, if I don't find extremely bugs here, certanly, it will necessary spell checking. So I will glad to hear your advices about it)
By the way, I hadn't heard that Blizzard is moving away from the MPQ format, is there any news\article about it?

@Kyrbi0 But the MPQ format will continue to be used for maps. That isn't going to change. So this tool will continue to be relevant.

However, to solve the problem you are trying to solve, I recently have used the FileImporter system available in WEX (and previously in JNGP).

JASS:
//! external FileImporter C:\Users\Retera\Documents\ModDevelopment\Archive

Basically, if you save the map with a trigger with this custom script in it, JassHelper in WEX will run an external program to automatically add the contents of that folder to your map -- and to war3map.imp. And it will include all of the paths to the files that were present in your folder, such as "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\".
So, I've been building my mod in a folder structure in Windows explorer, rather than with the Import manager, and only when I'm finished working on content do I import using the WEX utility.

Yes, thank you, I know about it, but what for me - I don't use WEX, cause it less stable than JNGP 5d at my win7. So I decided to make something standalone functional, which I hadn't found in other mpq editors)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hm, a bit of trouble...
upload_2018-7-12_11-51-21.png

I've got Windows 7, and my initial attempt was stopped by my antivirus which ran a scan. However, every time after that it failed to work (Windows put up the "would you like to send more information blah blah" message). Tried Run As Admin (big leap of faith here, man xD), and still didn't work.

Read the readme! & double-clicked on MpqCtlSetup.bat... A quick Command Prompt window opened then closed. Nothing else seemed to be happening, so I tried to double-click on FaMPQ.exe &... nothing. This error message.

Level 4
Upload FaMPQ 1.0.8.3107

Extract function doesn't work yet!
- Added main menu panel
- Fix rename function - now you can see the renaming file name in modal window.
- Fix deleting file from archive.
- Fix the BAT file to registering class normally.
- Also I created the install package.
Now, you have two ways to install and run the program: use the install package (Setup FaMPQ.exe) or unpack standart archive of program, run *.bat file and the run FaMPQ.exe.
As I see - there is no seriously difference between this two ways, but Install Package seems more stable for me.

Thx you all guys for your replies! It helps me to find a ways to fix problems)

Last edited:
Level 4
@Fakov why don’t you consider to publish this tool to the "Tools" section of "Maps and resources" of the community? We like this tool, and mpq format is still useful for the maps on patch 1.29 earlier.
I published)) it's pending)

Uploaded FaMPQ 1.0.9.2803

Maybe, if somebody still playing in wc3 and making map for it, this tool will be useful)) Please test it)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Awexome!

Unfortunately, if I'm reading the Patch Notes right, this functionality you've worked so painstakingly on might be unnecessary. :< Still, I'm glad someone worked on it (since we didn't know this was coming), and I'm sure you learned a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.