• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tomoraider's Campaign Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
9a1vd4.jpg

[thread=245153]
2m7iws6.jpg
[/thread]
[thread=228049]
2eurjig.jpg
[/thread]

x40lfs.png
This is a general thread about my campaigns, which is a series of
campaigns whose story is loosely based on that of World of Warcraft.
The first campaign, Rise of the Blood Elves is based on the story of The Burning Crusade, and
Curse of the Forsaken is based on the story of Wrath of the Lich King, so in a way, these campaigns
are a sequal to Warcraft III. They are created solely by me, but sometimes I have help with the storyline.
So far, I have released Rise of the Blood Elves, Curse of the Forsaken
and Rise of the Blood Elves - Enchanted Edition.

Although their story is based on that of WoW's, I also tend to introduce some original characters and plot
points into the campaigns because WoW's storyline can't be explained in Warcraft III the same
way it's explained in WoW.

I hope you will enjoy playing them as much as I enjoyed creating them.

2hxrswx.png
The first release in my campaign series was Rise of the Blood Elves, back in February 2012.
Its development lasted for more than a year, starting all the way back at the end on 2010.
The general idea of Rise of the Blood Elves was simply to create a blood elven campaign.
The feedback on Rise of the Blood Elves was generally positive, however, it being my first campaign,
it had quite a few bugs and mistakes.

I started working on my second campaign couple of months after that, Curse of the Forsaken.
The idea of Curse of the Forsaken was a bit more complex than that of Rise of the Blood Elves,
and as such, it had a longer and more complicated story, with a lot more characters.
It also included a complete new techtree for the Forsaken race, and more varied playstyles in maps than in
Rise of the Blood Elves. I released Curse of the Forsaken in January 2013,
and the feedback was even more positive than that of Rise of the Blood Elves.

Shortly after that, my plan was to start working on my next campaign, however, my previous two campaigns were
too different in the way they were created, so I decided to create a remake of Rise of the Blood Elves.
It first started simply with an idea to improve the maps and story, however, it evolved into a much bigger project,
which took me 9 months to finish. So far it had the most complicated story and characters of my all campaigns.
It included a whole new blood elven techtree, new characters, new maps, and a story
which was very different than the original.

With the help of my friend Tina, there was a short story written for it as a prelude - Sorrowfall,
which changed Alessandra's character to what she is now.
Rise of the Blood Elves - Enchanted Edition was released in December 2013, and the feedback was positive as well.

Curse of the Forsaken - Hallowed Edition was released in August 2014. It wasn't as a
big revamp as the remake of Rise of the Blood Elves was, but it still included a big number
of changes. Later I decided this was my last Warcraft-lore related campaign.

Got any questions or suggestions? Feel free to post!

Last edited:
Level 22
Will you change the way of Vereesa appear in the campaign? Because don't make sense she side by side with the Blood Elves, and also, we can see that she don't support them in Rise of the Blood Elves. Or if you wanna that the ranger appear with the Blood Elves, maybe you could use Aewynne.

Level 26
Will you change the way of Vereesa appear in the campaign? Because don't make sense she side by side with the Blood Elves, and also, we can see that she don't support them in Rise of the Blood Elves. Or if you wanna that the ranger appear with the Blood Elves, maybe you could use Aewynne.

Yeah, she will appear with Dalaran in v.2.0, not with the blood elves.

Level 26
Good luck with your campaign and I give you one excellent tip: Don't redo things too many times. Finish one thing, let it be and go forward. Don't enter the cycle of forever improving chapters or you'll exhaust yourself and that eventually means end of your project before it's finished.

That happened to myself.

Thanks, and yeah, after I'm done with updating Curse of the Forsaken I'm moving to my new campaign. It's mostly because when I originally finished CotF, Rise of the Blood Elves lacked a lot, so I went to work on it, and when I finished that, CotF started to lack as well and there were some plot holes, and I want to establish a proper continuity. Luckily, this update isn't so big so it won't be as hard as RotBE's update.

Level 10
Good. Because anyone that reveals all their secrets are destroying to the project.

GOOD LUCK!

Kick ass, and made the god of cinematic be ever in your favor.

Level 8
Hey everyone! feel free to check out a playthrough of this simply wonderful campaign on my channel!

Level 6
If I was you Id make a camapign based in the pre WOW era.

Because well WOW sucks.

Not just the game itself but the lore aswell.
That is your opinion, WoW lore isn`t perfect but it`s not that bad.
Most of the people who criticize WoW lore do not play WoW or aren`t into MMORPG.

@tomorider

I enjoyed your campaigns a lot.You did an outstanding job.

I hope that you do many, many more campaigns.

A few suggestions, if you don`t mind.

When I was playing your Belf campaign I was thinking how awesome it would be if you incorporated two sub factions : The Blood Knights and The Farstriders.Every time you have a mission that involves building a base, it would be nice to make a choice between those two.

Maybe have both factions with a base on the map map and you chose what faction to control.

It would be nice if you incorporate such a feature in your next project.

I hope that you will make a Horde campaign at one point, the Horde needs some love. :wink:

Outstanding work.Keep on gifting us your masterpieces. :)

Level 26
If I was you Id make a camapign based in the pre WOW era.

Because well WOW sucks.

Not just the game itself but the lore aswell.

I like the WoW lore, so I'll keep making campaigns based on it (though I tend to change stuff I didn't like much, lol). I am not really a big fan of pre-WC3 lore, so yeah.

I enjoyed your campaigns a lot.You did an outstanding job.

I hope that you do many, many more campaigns.

A few suggestions, if you don`t mind.

When I was playing your Belf campaign I was thinking how awesome it would be if you incorporated two sub factions : The Blood Knights and The Farstriders.Every time you have a mission that involves building a base, it would be nice to make a choice between those two.

Maybe have both factions with a base on the map map and you chose what faction to control.

It would be nice if you incorporate such a feature in your next project.

I hope that you will make a Horde campaign at one point, the Horde needs some love. :wink:

Outstanding work.Keep on gifting us your masterpieces. :)

Thanks, and those factions are present in the Enchanted Edition. There is the Farstrider Lodge building, Archers, Swordsmen and Hawkstrider Knights are farstriders, Aewynne is the farstrider leader, and you can build the Blood Knight unit and Liadrin is the Blood Knight Matriarch.

Level 2
I like the WoW lore, so I'll keep making campaigns based on it (though I tend to change stuff I didn't like much, lol). I am not really a big fan of pre-WC3 lore, so yeah.

Well im not too many dam retcons have happened to Warcraft.

Remember the WC2 Orcs remeber they were more scarier and evil in WC2
Then we got the Orc bonus campaigns

Seriously Why is that ProudMoore person protrayed as the villians and the Orcs good when they came though the Dark portal and started slaughtering Humans,Dwarves and Elves

Level 26
Well im not too many dam retcons have happened to Warcraft.

Remember the WC2 Orcs remeber they were more scarier and evil in WC2
Then we got the Orc bonus campaigns

Seriously Why is that ProudMoore person protrayed as the villians and the Orcs good when they came though the Dark portal and started slaughtering Humans,Dwarves and Elves

Retcons don't bother me too much, and honestly, I prefer orcs as they are now to Warcraft II. I don't know why, but I just like them better.

And as far as I know, the orcish horde from the bonus campaign isn't the same horde from Warcaft I and II.

Level 6
What do you mean not the same horde?
Well then why is that proudmoore guy after them.
You know, you could actually go on wowpedia and read about it if you haven`t played WC 3 campaigns.

I WC 1 and 2 the orcs were under the bloodlust created by the demon blood.

Thrall, Doomhammer and Grom freed the orcs and later Thrall guided the Horde back to it`s shamanistic roots.

Admiral Proudmoore was, in his mind, fighting the Old Horde.

Level 2
You know, you could actually go on wowpedia and read about it if you haven`t played WC 3 campaigns.

I WC 1 and 2 the orcs were under the bloodlust created by the demon blood.

Thrall, Doomhammer and Grom freed the orcs and later Thrall guided the Horde back to it`s shamanistic roots.

Admiral Proudmoore was, in his mind, fighting the Old Horde.

I have played WC3 camapigns full of retcons
When the orcs drank the demon blood they rurned red(Cenarius mission)
If they were under the influence of demon blood in WC1 and WC2 why were they all green instead of red?

Level 6
I have played WC3 camapigns full of retcons
When the orcs drank the demon blood they rurned red(Cenarius mission)
If they were under the influence of demon blood in WC1 and WC2 why were they all green instead of red?
Your knowledge of Warcraft lose is very low.

The original colour or the orcs is brown, you would have known if you would have played WoW.

The green colour is caused by excessive use of fel magic.For your own knowledge there are grey orcs as well, the Blackrock and the Dragonmaw.An educated guess is that is was caused by an even longer exposure to fel magic.

The red colour is gained only after consuming a pit lord`s blood.

P.S. There are no retcons in WC 3, the story evolved.

Level 2
Your knowledge of Warcraft lose is very low.

The original colour or the orcs is brown, you would have known if you would have played WoW.

The green colour is caused by excessive use of fel magic.For your own knowledge there are grey orcs as well, the Blackrock and the Dragonmaw.An educated guess is that is was caused by an even longer exposure to fel magic.

The red colour is gained only after consuming a pit lord`s blood.

P.S. There are no retcons in WC 3, the story evolved.

PRE WOW my knowledge is actually very high
Blackrock Orcs are green
Plus you said they under demons blood in WC1 and WC2 yet THEY ARE ALL GREEN
Another bloody retcon

I dont play WOW well because... It straight up sucks and its a ripoff.

Also about the orcs being brown and fel magic why isnt thrall brown?

Level 6
Blackrock Orcs are green
Another bloody retcon

Dude, seriously, THINK.

The green skin will not go away just because the blood haze has been lifted and they have very few warlocks.There is no retcon here.

The Blood Elves, who got their green eyes from symponing fel energy, still have have their green eyes after giving up symponing fel energy.

The Blackrock Clan and the Dragonmaw Clan have grey skins as a result of prolonged exposure to fel magic. This is a Dragonmaw orc - http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowpedia.org/8/84/Jodan.jpg

This is Malkorok, chieften of the Blackrock Clan, who served the Warchief Garrosh Hellscream. - http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowpedia.org/0/0a/Malkorok.jpg

If you don`t play WoW, or at least read the lore changes, you are just an old dinosaur.

P.S. Sorry tomorider, this is my last reply on this subject. :)

Level 25
Blackrock Orcs are green
Another bloody retcon

Also about the orcs being brown and fel magic why isnt thrall brown?

His father is exposed in demon magic so he is green, and her mother is green, so thrall got his color from them.

And for you two, can you please STOP? It has nothing to do with this thread as tomoraider said. There are many information for them in the internet, go read there, don't discuss it here. It ends TODAY. Here. The cycle ends when you, The Fuzzy Ear, and you, Shatterfury, turn from one another. And walk. Away.

And maybe the campaign is about the Earthen Ring, we'll not know.

Level 2
His father is exposed in demon magic so he is green, and her mother is green, so thrall got his color from them.

And for you two, can you please STOP? It has nothing to do with this thread as tomoraider said. There are many information for them in the internet, go read there, don't discuss it here. It ends TODAY. Here. The cycle ends when you, The Fuzzy Ear, and you, Shatterfury, turn from one another. And walk. Away.

And maybe the campaign is about the Earthen Ring, we'll not know.

Wasnt Thrall Clan called the FrostWolf clan which are sharmanitic and refused to have ties with the demons yet THEY STILL ALL GREEN.

A retcon

Level 2
Let me answer that @The Fuzzy Ear. Ahem, due to Mannoroth coming and offering the blood pact to the orcs, mostly all accepted. And yes Durotan was the Frostwol chieftain, to which Thrall belongs to. But the fel energies to which the orcs were exposed were also affecting the ones who refused the blood pact, hence why Durotan became green and Thrall after that.
Also regarding the maghar orcs immunity
Are we done now???
Anyway tomoraider how's the progress going with the characters?

Affected the ones who refuesed the blood pacts that dosent make any sense.
If they were unaffected they should of remained brown unless a ANOTHER BLOODY RETCON

Level 12
in the campaign of Blood elfs. was made a version 2.0
It was long delayed. but worth the wait was simply fantastic
you formed the armies within the elf Empire. for the players to play. that was fantastic

ah my first question
is what the armies. types of units that you intend to put in this 2.0 the Curse of forsaken

I care much for the campaign
sorry to disturb you

Level 10
All your campaigns are awesome, I must admit, but I'm not that big of a fan of Blood Elves and stuff.
But don't get me wrong though, the work put on this is pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.