• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tomoraider's Campaign Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I hate to bring this speculation up again but I've been thinking and I believe the Third campaign will be based on the Burning Crusade and see a return of the Blood Elves.

But I already did that o.o

Yea, i had this feeling once, and some time ago, he said something that he wants to do something with Illidan in his next campaign. So the blood elves will be included lol

I did? I don't think blood elves will appear in my 3rd campaign (if I do it), and I don't think Illidan will as well.

Level 26
Random fun fact!

Since there's been little progress on CotF 2.0 lately, I decided to post something else.

Back in 2012, after I released the original RotBE, I went over numerous ideas about my next campaign before I ultimately decided for CotF. One of the ideas I actually made some good progress on was a naga campaign whose working title was Abyssal Wars, so I decided to show you some screenshots of that. I'll never work on this campaign, but I like what I had created.

Also it was voiced!

qx16x1.jpg
6xyko0.jpg
es3huv.jpg

Level 16
I think you were still learning back then, considering the little doodads spam here and there, the lack of fog/lightening, sky, etc.
But still a naga campaign?!, You should definitely reconsider such a campaign. I'd love to see the rise of the naga, or something. And how Illidan got involved in their uprising. Shit man, make a War of the Ancients campaign while you're at it. Nobody has done that before, and I bet you that MANY people want to see that in a campaign. :)
Anyway, lots of love ol buddy.

Level 26
I think you were still learning back then, considering the little doodads spam here and there, the lack of fog/lightening, sky, etc.
But still a naga campaign?!, You should definitely reconsider such a campaign. I'd love to see the rise of the naga, or something. And how Illidan got involved in their uprising. Shit man, make a War of the Ancients campaign while you're at it. Nobody has done that before, and I bet you that MANY people want to see that in a campaign. :)
Anyway, lots of love ol buddy.

lol man this is awesome! too bad you stopped it. :goblin_cry:

Yeah, I was, but honestly, the chance I'll ever work on something like this is like 0.1%. I like naga, but I'm not sure I want to do a campaign about them. They're probably going to have a role in my next campaign, though.

Level 16
Yeah, I was, but honestly, the chance I'll ever work on something like this is like 0.1%. I like naga, but I'm not sure I want to do a campaign about them. They're probably going to have a role in my next campaign, though.

I really care to know a little more about your next plans, I mean could you update us on the possibilities?. Maybe we could encourage you furthermore :)

Level 26
Another fun faaaaact!

Way before I started working on the original Rise of the Blood Elves, all the way back in 2010, my first campaign I worked on was some random story of Horde and Alliance in Outland where they fight fel orcs and demons. (And draenei for some reason. And everyone acts like total idiots)

Nothing made sense in that campaign. But still, it brings back nice memories. Back then, I just created whatever I wanted, even if it did not make sense. Now, I still create what want, but I always want to follow the lore as much as I can and all that.

However, I did learn all the basic things I needed for future campaign creating. The cinematic in the first screenshot? First cinematic I ever created in the World Editor.

34ef8rq.jpg
fdfz3t.jpg
dngjdi.jpg

Also I might do some work on CotF today. To be honest, working on CotF 2.0 is so easy compared to RotBE 2.0, but the map I'm working on is in the most boring stage right now. I should just finish that part.

Level 26
Yeah, I can't decide on the color of the fog myself. And Dalaran is most like just going to appear in this one map. I decided to work on this map because it's much more fun than Battle for the Undercity. I'll return to that one later.

Level 5
I'm not really a big fan of the idea that Dalaran flies, and the reason why Dalaran actually flied in WoW is because of Malygos and the blue dragonflight, which is not a part of the plot in my campaign.

Okay, but, will you change the map when Sylvanas go to Purge Dalaran from the Scourge? Cause in that time, Garithos and the Kirin Tor has already purge the city and started to rebuild it.

The Kirin Tor refused to abandon their home, however. They returned to the ruins months later, destroying those few undead creatures that remained, and reclaimed their city. They erected a glowing dome around the entire city, powerful enough to destroy anyone who touches it, while they worked to rebuild their fallen city

And we can see this as well in The Frozen Throne, there is no Scourge in Dalaran, and then the Grand Marshal Othmar Garithos order to Kael to repair the observatory while he kill the forces in Silverpine Forest. And if you read, when the Blood Elves get imprisoned, Modera and the council, don't made nothing to save them.

And if memories don't failed, you named the Scourge in Silverpine Forest map as Scourge Remains. So don't makes sence have Scourge in Hillsbrad Foothills

But anyway, good luck! :)

Okay, but, will you change the map when Sylvanas go to Purge Dalaran from the Scourge? Cause in that time, Garithos and the Kirin Tor has already purge the city and started to rebuild it.
Please do that! Your approach in that mission doesn't make sense. I know you don't follow the exact lore but still that doesn't feel right to me at least.
So don't makes sence have Scourge in Hillsbrad Foothills
Yes, the Scourge was never present in Hillsbrad Foothills you know.
Anyway keep making progress.

Level 23
Yea, i must agree with them, maybe for don't change a lot, just remove the quest, and make Dalaran looks like with it's be rebuilding by them, so place some units and such, and make a magic barrage, the same model you used to make the mana dome in RotBE, and if some undead enters in the area, gets killed. Just an idea. :)

Level 5
Good idea Forsaken, and good to see that you liked Tomoraider, also, you should to change Vereesa's spell, and the Ultra of Jaina, the ultra is really bad, and don't fits an Arch-mage.

Level 5
Looks really nice!
Have you changed Chapter Three - Icy Menace? I said gameplay, add something and such?
And in Chapter Six - Battle for the Undercity, are you making like the suggestion that i gave to you a time ago?

Good luck ^^

Level 26
Looks really nice!
Have you changed Chapter Three - Icy Menace? I said gameplay, add something and such?
And in Chapter Six - Battle for the Undercity, are you making like the suggestion that i gave to you a time ago?

Good luck ^^

Chapter Three is staying the same. Mostly every map is going to stay the same. And what suggestion do you mean? Do one where you asked if you can train orcs? If so, no, you can't train orcs in that map.

Level 5
yeah i think you should add more pressure for battle for the undercity like timers, small allies and such so it becomes intense and probably some more optional quests, keep the good job im a big fan of your campaigns :D

Level 5
Tomoraider u said that the reason that why some Forsaken would be on Varimathras' side is that he used mind control and someone also said that Varimathras gained half of the Forsaken Loyalty... so why not do an optional quest on freeing the Forsaken who have been mind controlled and bring them to ur side kinda like ROTBE v2 second mission

Level 26
I never said Battle for the Undercity itself is boring, I said working on it is boring. There are just some triggers that I find awfully boring to work on.

But, I was thinking myself to add some optional quests, so I'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.