• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tomoraider's Campaign Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Happy 600th post, tomoraider!
Me! Me! I have Ideas! You can fix them in any order if you accept them.

1.War Slam - Slams the ground with the Gorehowl, dealing (insert damage) to enemies.

2.Might of the Horde(Passive) - As the warriors of the Horde feels the presence of their Warchief, they gain (insert armor) armor and (insert damage) damage.

3.Mighty Swing - Garrosh swings his axe, dealing (insert damage) damage to enemies nearby.

4.Bladestorm - [FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica] Causes a bladestorm of destructive force around the Blademaster, rendering him immune to magic and dealing (insert damage) per second to nearby enemy land units. [/FONT] [/FONT]

I like all of them, but I don't think I can have him do Bladestorm since that model doesn't have the animation for it :\

I don't like the 2 and 1, but I agree with 3 and I HIGHLY recommend the 4-th bladestorm. It will give the 'like father like son' feeling to it. I mean, Grom's legacy still lives. :3
Edit: Also If he had an ability 'splash damage' like the Pit Lord has, it would make him feel more like a brute.
And don't give him reincarnation, the human hero has reincarnation(at least in the older version, maybe you will change it now).

Oh right, something like Pit Lord's spell might work. And I completely forgot Varian has reincarnation, lol.

Reincarnation is a weird ability I don't like it.

Hehe, thanks knight26! I love Grom! But hey, Garrosh will be controllable?

Yeah, he'll only be playable in the Orgrimmar map, but he might later appear as an AI hero.

Level 11
Nice to hear that Garrosh will be playable, but the model you chose for him have... two Gorehowls. xD

Level 23
Maybe you could use some of this:

1. Desecrated weapon - Garrosh hurls one of his Weapon at a random enemy.
  2. War Stomp - the same of war3.
  3. Command Aura - Gives extra damage to the attacks of nearby friendly units.
  4. Mirror Image - Create three images of Garrosh, all of them cause damage (since it's ultra, could be 0.25 or 0.35% of damage) in the enemy units.

Also, will you change Sylvanas', Thrall's, Varian's and Jaina's Spells?

Level 26
Hey, in the old version, we can control 4 heroes (Jaina, Varian, Thrall and Sylvanas). What about, in this new version, we control Garrosh, Thrall, Sylvanas and Saurfang?

We control Garrosh, Thrall, Sylvanas and Jaina. Saurfang won't be appearing after all in the campaign.

4. Mirror Image - Create three images of Garrosh, all of them cause damage (since it's ultra, could be 0.25 or 0.35% of damage) in the enemy units.

Oooh, I like those spells. They're pretty simple, but also fun. And Sylvanas', Thrall's and Jaina's will stay the same and I might change Varian's spells.

Level 23
Wow, nice video!
But for Garrosh, maybe you could use this skin: Garrosh Hellscream.

Oooh, I like those spells. They're pretty simple, but also fun. And Sylvanas', Thrall's and Jaina's will stay the same and I might change Varian's spells.

Well, it's good that i help you a bit, for Varian's spells, do you already have some idea what will you use?

Level 8

I think for the spell Desecrated weapon name we can change it to the Gorehowl axe.

Level 26
Wow, nice video!
But for Garrosh, maybe you could use this skin: Garrosh Hellscream.

Well, it's good that i help you a bit, for Varian's spells, do you already have some idea what will you use?

I thought about using that skin, but he would just look too skinny if I used only that skin. And no, I don't have any ideas for Varian's spells yet.

Level 26
Well, for Varian, you could remain the same spells, just change War Stomp, if you decide to put the same for Garrosh, also, you should change the name and the icon of Battle Roar, sounds to many orcish for a human king, the same for the icon of Reincarnation.

I do agree with that, I think I want Varian to be a tank hero, so I'll be keeping all the spells except War Stomp, like you said.

And I finished Garrosh spells, I gave him Shockwave, War Stomp, Berserk (like the Pulverize spell, but a hero version) and War Banner (summons a banner for 60 seconds that increases nearby friendly units' attack and movement speed).

Level 8
I do agree with that, I think I want Varian to be a tank hero, so I'll be keeping all the spells except War Stomp, like you said.

And I finished Garrosh spells, I gave him Shockwave, War Stomp, Berserk (like the Pulverize spell, but a hero version) and War Banner (summons a banner for 60 seconds that increases nearby friendly units' attack and movement speed).

A great choice of spells , and Thrall spells are going to be the same?

Level 26
That's a VERY short cinematic. Work more on the environment there.

That's just a part of the cinematic. And the environment looks fine, I like how it looks.

Hey, you could make that Val'kyr leader, of Scourge Forces, walk with her warriors, and not just flying away. Just a suggestion :)

Hmm, perhaps. I think I like it better when she flies, but I'll see.

Level 26
why didn't u reply to my suggestions

I might miss some posts, but sometimes I just got nothing to say.

So, my friend Tina is writing another story again, for Curse of the Forsaken. Here's a teaser:

''She wakes with a start; suddenly aware only of cold and numb and bright. She props herself up on limbs (hands and knees) she can no longer properly feel (hypothermia?) and takes in great, rattling, gasping breaths(her chest protests and strains under the effort). She closes her eyes in a vain attempt to stave off the pressing wrongness and overstimulation and sits back on her haunches (it’s not right notrightnotrightnotright at all) and breathes. Just a moment, she needs just a moment, and everything else can come after it; she’ll figure out -- all of it -- later.''

Level 26
Looks really cool. No idea where you got all that art...

So wait, have you started the campaign with the race partially unfinished?? How do you swing that?

Thanks, I got most by just googling stuff like Sylvanas Windrunner or Forsaken and such, lol.

And I actually only haven't finished one unit so far, but it doesn't appear until like chapter seven, so it can wait until then.

Level 26
Here's a screenshot from Battle for the Undercity.

xfwzs1.jpg

Level 26
I love it, it has the Eastern-Kingdom Feel on it.

Nice screenie there :3, really a nice view, you seem to have gotten the hand of the atmosphere a lot more than the first screenies. Go go tomo :)

Thanks, and yeah I really wanted to create that Lordareon atmosphere from WoW. It looks different, but it feels the same, at least to me, lol.

And I felt like posting another screenshot! I really like that statue.

e9xg1f.jpg

Level 5
Tomoraider in The Chapter, Battle for the Undercity, I don't understand why some Forsaken would fight for Varimathras.... well in the last version at least, is it like that now?

Level 11
Tomoraider in The Chapter, Battle for the Undercity, I don't understand why some Forsaken would fight for Varimathras.... well in the last version at least, is it like that now?

Well, in WOW they also fought for Varimathras, because he gained the loyalty of half of Forsaken's soldiers, and when he and Puttres have betrayed Sylvanas, those who were loyal to Varimathras, helped him to take the city (and defend it against the Alliance and the Horde).

Level 23
Good screenshot :)
Maybe you make Thrall more as a Shaman than a Far Seer, like removing the Far Sight and replacing by some Healing Totem, and the Earthquake for some Rolling Thunder(using monsoon or starfall as base) also, if you want to change his model for the white mount, Snowsong, as he appears in Wow-cata, i have one if you are interested. Anyway, good luck!

Level 26
Good screenshot :)
Maybe you make Thrall more as a Shaman than a Far Seer, like removing the Far Sight and replacing by some Healing Totem, and the Earthquake for some Rolling Thunder(using monsoon or starfall as base) also, if you want to change his model for the white mount, Snowsong, as he appears in Wow-cata, i have one if you are interested. Anyway, good luck!

Huh, I never thought I could change Thrall's spells, it might be fun to do it. Healing Totem sounds like a good idea. And I think I'll be keeping this model for now, when/if I do a Cataclysm campaign, then I could use that model :)

Status
Not open for further replies.