• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

To the Bitter End

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.

To the Bitter End
v1.0.08
Created by Soul Reaver

120812-albums5014-picture50579.jpg

Introduction:

For centuries, the people of the Plane of Ithia have suffered under the iron-fisted rule of the immortal sorcerer Morganem and his Council of Six. Now finally their pleas for help are answered: five legendary heroes arrive from beyond the crimson storms of the warp, seeking to topple Morganem's corrupt Empire.

But Morganem will not step silently into the darkness of history, and he prepares to fight these interlopers to the bitter end.

A story-driven, single-player action RPG, "To the Bitter End" has been over six years in the making and features an original setting and with completely original characters, abilities, items and spells.

Control a small group of legendary heroes as they travel throughout the Plane of Ithia, battling the forces of the tyrant sorcerer Morganem over eight Chapters and two cinematic-only maps.

Be prepared to react quickly to changing battlefield conditions and use your abilities strategically to counter whatever the enemy throws at you. Face a variety of challenges, from sneaking out of a prison to taking on a whole army head-on to duelling enemy immortals one on one.

During your battles, gain experience and grow in power to truly superhuman levels. Wield abilities that can break the backs of armies. But beware, for your foes are powerful and relentless enough to be a match even for your mighty heroes.

Be prepared for a challenge as you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and conquer enemies that seemed insurmountable.

Now also available:
To the Bitter End Manual

(Click the image to view, or right-click to save)

A lovingly-crafted illustrated manual, detailing not only basic gameplay instructions, but also delving into the background stories of the campaign's setting, heroes, villains, and monsters.

120812-albums4231-picture40051.jpg

The Sphere of Annihilation spell obliterates everything in Soul Reaver's path.

120812-albums4231-picture40052.jpg

A companion consumed by vampiric madness.

120812-albums4235-picture40083.jpg

The companions fighting side-by-side against Morganem's forces.

To the Bitter End
Version: 1.0.08

Single Player Action RPG/Campaign

For centuries, the people of the Plane of Ithia have suffered under the iron-fisted rule of the immortal sorcerer Morganem and his Council of Six. Now finally their pleas for help are answered: five legendary heroes arrive from beyond the crimson storms of the warp, seeking to topple Morganem's corrupt Empire.

But Morganem will not step silently into the darkness of history, and he prepares to fight these interlopers to the bitter end.

Official Site:
http://www.warpstormstudios.com/tothebitterend

Installation instructions:
--------------------------

Note: To the Bitter End does not support post-'Reforged' versions of Warcraft III (that is, versions after v1.29) as those have removed Custom Campaign suppport entirely. It has been tested on and should work on anything from version 1.27-1.29. Assuming you are using a version that supports To the Bitter End:

Put the .w3n file into your Warcraft III 'Campaigns' folder.

You can play the game by starting The Frozen Throne, then selecting 'Single Player', 'Custom Campaign', and then navigating to the campaign titled 'To the Bitter End' and selecting it.

It helps to have your video settings for Warcraft III set to high quality, or some custom skins in some of the campaign might look a little... weird.

Note that To the Bitter End is more hardware intensive than a standard game of Warcraft III, so your computer will need to exceed Warcraft III's minimum system requirements to run smoothly.

Difficulty:
-----------

To the Bitter End is supposed to be very difficult.

However, for those finding it simply too tough, as of version 0.7.04, I have added in variable difficulty levels, and the mechanics of this were revamped in v1.0.07. Once in-game, press Enter to bring up the chat window, then type in 'easy', 'medium' or 'hard' (without quotation marks) to change the difficulty at any time. Difficulty persists until you enter a command to change it again, even between Chapters. The default difficulty is 'hard'.

Easier difficulties will (usually) reduce the damage you take and increase the damage you inflict from all sources. In-game stats and tooltips will not reflect this change however.

Remember though: real heroes play on hard!

Music:
------

If for some crazy reason you want to turn off the in-game music for a given Chapter, type 'music off' (without quotation marks) into the chat text in-game. To turn it back on, type in 'music on'.

This special command is required because the way that 'To the Bitter End' handles the in-game music sometimes prevents Warcraft III's in-built volume control from properly affecting the music volume.

Note that even with the 'music off' command, music will still play in a few key cutscenes.

Other Notes:
------------

For further info and an extensive manual, check the 'official site' at www.warpstormstudios.com/tothebitterend

This is the full version of To the Bitter End, and contains all ten Chapters (two of which are cinematics-only):

Prologue: Shadows Rising
Chapter I: Dark Dawn
Chapter II: The Dream of Blood
Chapter III: Juggernaut
Chapter IV: Heart of Ice
Chapter V: Reunion
Chapter VI: Harbingers of War
Chapter VII: Grim Harvest
Chapter VIII: The Bitter End
Epilogue: New Beginnings

To check the version number of your campaign, type 'version' (without quotation marks) into the chat text in-game and it will display (or if nothing displays, then your version is definitely out-of-date). The newest versions are always available on the official site.

Although I am solely responsible for creating this map, several central character featured in this campaign were envisaged by the writers at The Administorum (http://theadministorum.yuku.com/) and its newest incarnation, the Administorum 2.0 (The Administorum - Index).

A word on cinematics:
---------------------

It is possible to skip any of the cinematics, just press ESC.

You are advised to watch the cinematics at least once. They will often give you instructions as to what to do next and offer clues as to what to expect. Making sense of the game plot without them would be pretty difficult.

One 'bug' that occurs if you skip the cinematics is that any items or abilities that might have 'cooled down' and become available over the course of the cinematic will now not do this. This means that if you want to use those items/abilities often, you may have to wait around more... and if there's a timer counting down while you wait, that might not be advisable. This isn't a major thing, but it does mean that the game might be slightly more difficult if you skip the cinematics.

If you want to be sure to experience the game how it was meant to be played, then don't skip the cinematics. That's how I planned the level out and how I spent the most time testing it.

Hints/Notes:
------------

Use your quest log if unsure of what to do next... that's what it's there for.

Read the tooltips if you want to know what an ability or item does. In fact, this is strongly recommended.

The Sphere of Annihilation and Cataclysm abilities are appropriately named, because they will pretty much obliterate ANYTHING in the target area. That includes things you might prefer to keep un-obliterated, such as yourself.

Your items are re-usable. However, they have long cooldown times. Save them for when you need them, and then unleash hell.

To the Bitter End is very unforgiving. SAVE OFTEN.

You can find Chapter-specific hints (should you need them) at the official site at http://www.warpstormstudios.com/tothebitterend.

Don't expect to find Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series in this game. I've been using the name Soul Reaver for my RPG alter-ego since long before even the first Blood Omen came out. The Soul Reaver in this map is an original character.

Credits:
--------

To the Bitter End designed, written and created by:
Andy Krieg

Title screen and concept art by:
Stephen Cousins

Chinese localization by:
Heishimo (He)

Russian localization by:
Кирляндия

Original Character design:

'Soul Reaver' by Andy Krieg
'Fei Serumen' by Anthony Passmore
'Cameron Aileron' by Sean Britton
'Kitharsis' by Bryon Laird
'Sera Poi' by Anthony Di Cesare
'Slayer' by Eric Rodseth
Additional characters by Andy Krieg

Music:

Title:
'Kalki (edit)' by E.S. Posthumus

Prologue:
'Pompeii' by E.S. Posthumus

Chapter I:
'The Wretched' by Nine Inch Nails

Chapter II:
'The Becoming' by Nine Inch Nails

Chapter III:
'Tikal' by E.S. Posthumus

Chapter IV:
'Nineveh' by E.S. Posthumus

Chapter V:
'Karma' by Kamelot

Chapter VI:
'We're in this Together' by Nine Inch Nails

Chapter VII:
'Welcome Within' by Godsmack
'Ultra' by KMFDM

Chapter VIII:
'Yamiiro no Yume/Anger (edit)' by Kasamutso Kouji
'Missing Time' by MDFMK
'Kalki' by E.S. Posthumus
'Ashielf Pi' by E.S. Posthumus
'Kuvera (edit)' by E.S. Posthumus

Epilogue:
'Indra/Arise (edit)' by E.S. Posthumus

Additional Concept art donated by:
Chris Oldland
Tom Hering

'Void Breach' based on 'Black Hole' model by:
WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Weapon models extracted by:
Larc

Hero Glow model by:
Assassin_lord

Damage Detection based on GUI Friendly Damage Detection v1.2 by:
Weep

Special Thanks to:
The Administorum
Blizzard Entertainment
The Hive Workshop
Filefront
Warnicro
You, for playing

Extra Special Thanks:
Ji Xu

Tell me what you think! E-mail me ([email protected]) if you have comments or questions about 'To The Bitter End', the Multiverse, or Soul Reaver.

Please do not redistribute or modify these files without my permission. These files are not to be sold for profit.

Keywords:
Action, RPG, Campaign, Epic, Fantasy, Hard, To the Bitter End, TTBE, Cinematic, Story, Soul Reaver, Fei Serumen, Cameron Aileron, Kitharsis, Sera Poi,
Contents

To the Bitter End (Campaign)

Reviews
Date: 12:36:51 13-Nov-11 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 6/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
Level 14
Is there a way to turn off the stupid music ?

No, 'cos the music isn't stupid. :p

But if you'd like to turn off the AWESOME music, then yes, as Ravager16829 says, there's a command for that.
Press Enter to bring up the console, and type in "music off" (without quotation marks) to turn off the music.
"music on" turns it back on.
The way the music is coded/plays is different from how Warcraft III normally plays background music (for a variety of reasons) so the normal music volume slider won't work.

Note that there are a few occasions (mainly cinematics) where music might remain on even if you selected "music off", but they are the exception, not the rule.

Level 10
No, 'cos the music isn't stupid. :p

But if you'd like to turn off the AWESOME music, then yes, as Ravager16829 says, there's a command for that.
Press Enter to bring up the console, and type in "music off" (without quotation marks) to turn off the music.
Thank you, it worked. BTW, this campaign looks awesome on Reforged. Look at this guy, he's a real Space Marine. Fei looks ridiculous though with the 4 blades

Attachments

• Screenshot (2178).png
    Screenshot (2178).png
    7.7 MB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot (2179).png
    Screenshot (2179).png
    7.6 MB · Views: 51
Level 14
Thank you, it worked. BTW, this campaign looks awesome on Reforged. Look at this guy, he's a real Space Marine. Fei looks ridiculous though with the 4 blades

Glad you're enjoying it!

I generally don't recommend playing it on Reforged - for a start, the custom skins etc only work in the original, so various characters and things will likely look 'wrong' (eg, a blindfold-wearing Fei and his four blades, a blonde Soul Reaver without a red sword, as well as other things later in the campaign). Plus there's a chance it'll have other bugs, as it has never been tested in Reforged.
But in the end, as long as you're aware of that and still having fun, play it how you like!

Level 14
Where can I download older versions?

I can't answer that directly, as playing an older version requires you to download an old version of Warcraft III, and even though I think it's a stretch to consider it piracy to download an older version of a game you already paid for, posting a link here most likely still wouldn't be allowed.

But you're not the first person to ask such a question - someone put up a guide that you might want to read here:

Level 3
I can't answer that directly, as playing an older version requires you to download an old version of Warcraft III, and even though I think it's a stretch to consider it piracy to download an older version of a game you already paid for, posting a link here most likely still wouldn't be allowed.

But you're not the first person to ask such a question - someone put up a guide that you might want to read here:
Sorry, but I'm looking for TTBE v1.0.06. I'm currently in Warcraft 1.24e

Level 29
There is a thread already in case you want an older versions of Warcraft III. You might want to check out here. Keep in mind that you need a legal CD Keys:

Sorry, but I'm looking for TTBE v1.0.06. I'm currently in Warcraft 1.24e
There is a link already in case you want an older versions of the campaign (the official site of Warp Storm Studios), as well as Chinese and Russian translations for the campaign.

Note: I can't even access this site. Google Chrome (or maybe, my ISP) seems to block it.

Level 3
There is a thread already in case you want an older versions of Warcraft III. You might want to check out here. Keep in mind that you need a legal CD Keys:

There is a link already in case you want an older versions of the campaign (the official site of Warp Storm Studios), as well as Chinese and Russian translations for the campaign.

Note: I can't even access this site. Google Chrome (or maybe, my ISP) seems to block it.
Sorry, I checked TTBE official site, but can not find any older version.

Level 14
Sorry, I checked TTBE official site, but can not find any older version.

Ah, now I understand what you're after.
I don't have the older versions uploaded on my site (or anywhere officially), but send me an email and I can probably get you a copy of it. My email address can be found on the official site.

I'm curious as to why you'd like version 1.0.06 however? The main change I can think of moving from 1.0.06 to 1.0.07 was a change in the way the difficulty settings work (it used to just modify the max HP of enemy units, and didn't affect heroes as much as normal units - and easier difficulties overall only made a small difference to the campaign's actual difficulty) - but the 'default' difficulty of the campaign ('hard') is unchanged between those versions.

Level 11
this creation of love and passion is something else i never played something like this in warcraft 3 i never thought something this beautiful existed in wc3 i will analyze the campaign with the following:

from the first sight when i opened the mission select menu i knew this was going to be a glorious journey the music and the art is a blessing for the eye to look at truly wonderful.

now i click on prologue not knowing what to expect to be greeted by a screen that will be very memorable for times to come the warp gate inside is the loading screen i have memorized this screen very well :xxd: due to endless saving and loading , in the cutscene we see our character destroying every obstacle their enemy throws at them killing masses of dahruk like nothing the tyrant that is our main antagonist morganem in desperation opens a void portal to buy himself time to fire a device called reality distributor or disputer ? lol anyway whatever its called the thing manages to fire at our heroes creating a portal that swallow them all ending the short but epic fight...

its chapter 1 we awake in a prison cell not remembering anything our prison cell is unique by the fact that we are kept in some sort of cage that we cant see from then a character named "slayer" appears out of nowhere explains to us few stuff and set us free he also put the guards that were guarding our cell to sleep and here the campaign starts our first character is soul reaver a "immortal dark knight" however we lack our equipment as it was taken from us when the guards found us unconscious the weapons are stored right in front of our eyes with the guards put to sleep we are free to wander the prison or at least a part of it in order to open the vault that contains our equipment we will need a key so we look out for it finding a path that lead to 2 ways one with 2 guards and the other with an open gate and 2 prisoner cells approaching the prisoner he tells us that in order to get our weapons we will need to enter the warden office that other path that is guarded but we cant go there unarmed so in exchange for freeing the guy he and his buddy in the other cell would lure the guards away from the office so we can sneak in and get the key by giving him some object on the ground the prisoner manages to free himself and his buddy running towards the guards then running away from them the guards take the bait i hurry into the office get the key where the warden is sleeping on his comfy chair get out and hurry to the vault getting my equipment we the player or soul reaver has 4 items the first is his sword called "blooddrinker" quite a spooky name for an object but for a reason the red looking blade has a demon inside it that once activated makes soul reaver go crazy with very fast attack speed teleporting every second to hit a new enemy and 100% life steal however it increases the damage taken by 50% and depending on reaver HP he might or might not lose control of the blade striking both foe and ally alike the 2nd item is a pair of gauntlets that once used make the player go roaring 5 times generating a massive stun and dealing 450 dmg to all enemies and stunning them for 5 seconds then the 3rd item is a necklace that once used dispels all sorts of magic and spells the 4th one is shared by all of the 5 heroes a tent that once used the player goes sleep mode regenerating 600 HP and 300 mana in 30 seconds once used it cant be cancelled but it can be interrupted also each one of the 5 heroes has a passive ability for us we get master of battle the cooler version of drunken brawler ability wise soul reaver is one of the most fun heroes to play as i will choose iron will as my 1st ability it increases my movement speed and attack speed combined with the chance of dealing twice the damage from master of battle and blooddrinker 100% increase in attack and you get very decent DPS , by now the guards guarding our cell have woken up and alarmed the other guards but no worries the 2 prisoners came to help us as they are assassins giving them their gear back will make very useful combat units the guards can be easily dispatched by 1 use of the gauntlets as they all are low HP units with the entire section of this prison cleaned off guards we set out to explore more of it and to make our escape too stumbling upon more prisoners who happen to be guarded by prison soldiers those are stronger than what we initially fought and us being low level cant handle too many of these soldiers because one of soldiers was sent to alarm the barracks our time is running short with 10 minutes left we gotta blitz through the prison sections freeing more and more thugs and prisoners one of them tells us of their leader hecktor who knows the prison well and can help make our escape easier we set out to find him freeing a lot of prisoners in the way finding hecktor in the same kind of cell as we were in and killing the prison jailer in the way hecktor tells us that this prison was built upon a fortress that had a bloody battle in it resulting in most of its residents killed the corpses were thrown in the catacombs of the fort but they the dead inhabitants arose as undead that hunger for living flesh the barracks was built right beside this catacombs and the catacombs sealed off with magical gates to ensure no undead get out honesly after observing the prison architecture i expected something like this :xxd: the barracks has a self containment system if IF by miracle the catacombs are opened as soul reaver we are going to put that to test and so we smash through the hallways of the prison with hecktor men helping us by killing the guards at the barracks gate allowing us access to the other side of the prison at first i walked into the barracks thinking i will find the switch there LOL after getting my first "mission failed" i loaded and counted down the hallway to reach 2 paths the upper path had damaged architecture so i went there but encountered guards thinking it was the wrong path i loaded again and went the other path here we see a great touch by the maker if you happen to go somewhere wrong characters will sense that this may be the wrong path one of the thugs with us tell us that he doesnt think its the right path i was like "yeah probably the dev put that to fool you into thinking you are going the wrong path" turns out it was the wrong path after getting trapped i realized that yeah the first path i went is the right one so i went there smashed the switch opening the magical gates and here comes one of my favorite moments in the campaign the undead gets out of the catacombs attacking the soldiers in the barracks one elite guard tries to escape but the containment system is activated must have been a gruesome death but deserved nonetheless initially i thought the mission will have the undead preach the gate and overrun the entire prison well looks like this containment system is far more efficient than any real life containment system evident by recent events in the world :grin: with the barracks taken care off we set out to the exit encountering 2 guys who are escaping from the guards they join us just to have all my thugs die when the trap by the guards happens dealing with those the door opens and 3 of hecktor men tell us that we got only 8 minutes to escape due to the fact that the prison commander will shut off the prison gates preventing any escape even by magic i rush through the prison blasting the last gate just to see the commander with a large force of guards and these red creatures we see in the prologue known as the dahruk stats wise the dahruk are stronger than all of the prison guards elite or not due to our low level few of them can be a threat they arent too many right now at least for now...as the commander tells us how he will kill us another door busts open its hecktor and his boys we engage in a massive fight killing every guard and leaving few thugs hecktor and us (soul reaver) after a chit-chat with hecktor we start to remember more and more of who we are sensing a spiritual signature of one of our companions we open a warp gate to meet with them saying a good bye to hecktor and his funny boys he is quite happy that we may be the ones to give him and his people a bright feature that they thought was lost forever under morganem rule.

through the warp gate we enter another place of the plane of ithia this time a forest a eerie looking forest...we sense something not good about this forest as we get out of the warp gate we walk a bit to find a dead body this dead person seems to have had a very violent death as we say that the corpse arises as a zombie yup this is a undead mission after putting the guy to eternal sleep again we enter a village a destroyed village knowing what we have seen before and what happens to dead people we ready our blade to slash through more undead and skeletons the battle with the risen townsfolk leaves us exhausted i rest for a bit moving into another town here we see our 2nd hero fei seruman speaking in a incomprehensible way thinking he is an intellectual or something like after a brief exchange of words and hits he escapes the dead townsfolk arise again i just run hoping to outrun the dead i gotta say the atmosphere is well done and will always be throught the campaign after walking more and being chased by undead in the spooky woods i stumble upon a camp with 2 dead soldiers poor guys have met a horrifying death in this rainy night near them is undead so you can tell what happened to them...now we meet fei again after few hits exchanges he runs away escaping the undead again im found by 3 soldiers who speak to us of a person who is so fast that he murdered their entire camp without even seeing him they only survived by hiding and this person is now heading to the nearby town we set off to the town but are too late he fei seruman was razing these towns and killing the civilians there but why? well in order to find out why we brawl with him for a bit at first i used the 3 soldiers in the fight thinking they would give me an advantage lol they died so fast in my 2nd try i just kept them back , after we have won the fight and calmed down fei he remembers us apologizing for the crimes he did then a door behind us opens revealing a necromancer he tells us that he was using fei to raise undead as morganem appointed him to rule over this land tasked with raising undead to include in morganem army i gotta say morganem is a real G for being so inclusive in his choice of army filled with all sort of races anyway the necromancer now tells us that fei is no longer of use to him and throws his undead at us to kill us and fei holding them back with the 3 soldiers to go after the necromancer we must defuse 4 runes that keep the gate to his lair closed it will take us sometime until then more and more undead will arise from the piles of corpses this hold out section will result in all 3 soldiers killed in action :sad: F for these fellas as they are the only soldiers we command in this campaign we defuse the runes and rush into the necromancer lair as he will meet the end of my and fei blades fei is a fun hero to play with his blood corruption spell is so good to use as you destroy entire armies with it very satisfying spell design the necromancer is the 2nd boss fight oh yeah in each mission you do a boss fight like each mission concludes with a boss fight the necromancer falls quickly before our might and we leave this wounded place to heal opening another warp gate to find another of our companions.

its mission 3 it opens with a guy in massive bulky suit of armor running through another forest but this forest looks sunny and beautiful behind this guy a massive construct a hellish creation as he is hiding a wall of trees open revealing some druids they rescue the guy as he and the archdruid converses a warp gate opens from emerges fei and soul reaver we identify this armored guy as aileron our 3rd companion an elemental guy with affiliation of fire and psychic abilities this Juggernaut as its called that was chasing aileron is from morganem army man im starting to hate this guy the construct is destroying the forests and druids arent happy however we cant fight the Juggernaut head on without backup so the archdruid tells us to find certain plants that can grow to mighty treemen to help us in the coming fight we must find 7 of these plants and we set off to do so if you choose to walk the way aileron came from he will comment on it saying that he saw no plants of this kind there another nice touch by the dev the plants are found in 2 valleys they are guarded by the dahruks this is the first mission against them being our proper enemies there is lots of them but aileron is master of AOE damage his meteors can stun entire enemy formations while fei and us cut them down in one instance the dahruks unleash upon us a strange tentacled creature a powerful creature but is slain quickly this strange creature was seen in the prologue coming out of the void gate morganem opened after this strange encounter the gathering goes fine with many of the dauhrks slaughtered before the battle begins properly with the plants given to the archdruid its time to attack mode heading straight to the juggernaut the druids and the treemen we gathered will aid us however the archdruid will remain in the rear to help grow the treemen and heal us if possible its a tug of war boss fight the juggernaut spawns daurhks possibly by summoning them? or is crewed by them? it doesnt matter cuz this thing is going down after a long and exhausting fight the juggernaut is destroyed but the cost was dire many druids are killed and the forest are in shambles wanting to leave heart grove behind us fast so that morganem doesnt send more of his vile armies and harm more innocents we open a warp gate to reconnect with another companion.

we have reached mission 4 and there is still so much content to unpack in this epic campaign but man i need a blanket cuz its hella cold in this place we find our 4th companion very fast he is unconscious and very cold too we awaken him up with some of aileron fire but he is too cold and must get back to his camp to feel warm again he can barely speak he kethrasis did i spell that right? lol he is the only hero that i still struggle to spell his name our new guy here is the tank of the group with highest HP and armor of all 5 he can also summon skeletons! as we walk him to his very far camp we stumble upon more of that tentacled creature from before they are called the "void children" and i hate them and this mission is why i hate them these are the creatures we see coming out of the portal in the prologue stronger than any creature we fought having inhuman strength ability to lash at foes void winds so many spells and abilities that will make you use all your skill and determination to survive! thats what was written on the loading screen of this mission well the last bit about skill and determination because it really do you will need to use everything you have to make it to the camp kethrasis is somewhat useless in this section as he can barely regin health he cant rest and worst of all HE is the slowest hero out of all 5 an issue that this mission utilizes to the fullest i lost a lot in this mission and reaching the camp was not only comfy to keth and to me too now we got a new hero to play with super tanky boi he explains to us after he rested in his camp how he ended up unconscious it appear the void children were sent to look for him by who else other than the tyrant morganem??? my hate for this increased more and more as this campaign came closer to its end keth will make his camp and during that he will see the void children following them he saw them doing some sort of ritual around a creature of huge size the void children will notice keth and he will run with all that he can until he collapsed and we found him keth doesnt want to leave until that creature is taken care off now we set out to kill that thing in our way we a see a group of dahurks escaping from the void children , terrified of the void children the utter the words that morganem is becoming increasingly reliant on his new allies the void children find the group of dahruks and just absolutely demolish the dudes but i decided to strike when both parties were fighting seeing that both are occupied with killing one another the journey was really exhausting the void children dont stop coming from the caves resting is hard to do and keth speed didnt help at all what i did was rest one of the boys while the others guarded him the abyssal mass and the skeletons helped with the demon gate too the demon gate is soul reaver first ult as you have 2 ults soul reaver ults are both very good as orb of annihilation is very satisfying to use on large groups of enemies again spell design is really great the demons that come out of the gate help bolster our strength especially at level 4 and 5 the variety of demons is good too you have a damned souls demon slaves demon hounds etc the higher the level the more demons you get invest at it early and it helps a lot if you keep the portal running as it can be destroyed by enemies so cast it carefully in safe places we reach the monstrosity that keth spoke off the void childs were all gathered around it doing a ritual a similar looking ritual was being done at another place during our journey for the camp now we death with this thing of immense power oh yeah and the land around this creature was being corrupted the corruption meant the creature could grow tentacles from the ground to harass us it was a major annoyance the creature while a worthy opponent falls before all 4 of us after the battle we talk with the others how the void children have no unique soul as soul reaver can see all creatures souls as they are visible to him each one is unique but the void childs have nothing of that oh yeah and by now you probably would notice that all names of void childern are of bad deeds such as lust and fear and fury not a good sign at all we leave this cold placed behind and set off to find the last companion.

exiting another warp gate we enter a beautiful land not particularly cold but keth likes it more than that cold tundra we spend the last couple hours in i should buy myself some heating system after that mission cuz of how cold it was , now upon our exit of the portal was soldiers heading towards a force of daurhk warriors we aid them kill the daurhks their leader thank us and takes us to his father the king they have been fighting the forces of morganem for quite a while now we know why as our last companion is here somewhere after asking the king about her whereabouts he tells us that our last companion has been injured and is currently in the castle with clerics attending her wounds she has been fighting morganem armies along with these people but she got hit by a poison arrow or dagger? i dont remember ever since then the dahruk troops were pressing hard the older king son went off to get help and so until he comes back we have to hold the 4 passes from morganem dark forces the music in this mission boasted my morale by 1000% and oh yeah its time to talk about the soundtrack of this campaign its simply magnificent just a beautiful soundtrack that fits the missions they are assigned to very well it manages to make our characters look badass in every sense this particular track in this mission has became one of my favorite throught the campaign top tier music it also reinforces the story telling and the thing is the music kicks in as fights are about to start and cutscenes about to end giving you this hype to face the enemy with all of your strength by now 10 minutes of the 15 long minutes hold-out objective are gone our heroes are separated each one goes to one of the 4 paths along with some troops with us and 3 towers in each base to ring the bell so that the prince and his troops come to aid us the objective is simple dont let the enemy destroy the production buildings ring the bell when in need to do so YOU cannont and SHOULDN'T go on the offensive as there is a wall of fire that blocks you from the enemy base if you happen to venture outside the bases the characters will comment on it each with their unique dialogue about the situation after barely holding out for that long the older prince comes in i was so relieved to wait what?? he sided with morganem? you son of a ***** after having a mental breakdown for the betrayal and losing couple times cuz the king and our still loyal prince died WHO you cannot control died so fast few tries and i got it right then our 5th hero awoken having her wounds attended to she is now in fine shape and ready for battle then she does one of the most badass things a character did in the campaign she goes on a hill gets a special arrow and shots it across the wall of fire piercing one morganem generals breast forcing the enemy to shut down the wall of fire and the 2 generals retreated as morganem sent 2 generals to oversee this operation and "maelstorm" the 2nd general was pissed that the 1st general his lover "kathryin" was wounded so badly that every breath she takes is agony i was very delighted to see the enemy suffering like this after what they put me through with the music kicking in i charge full speed at the enemy base smashing everything and everyone and when the enemy base is destroyed at last we regroup with the king and his prince the king is having hard time coping with the fact that he....helped killed his own son thats really rough man :sad: then the warp gates that were in morganem army base open again bringing 2 void children giant void children stronger than anything we fought before the king and the prince insisted on helping us but we were like "nah this is a personal matter you have done more than enough guys we will take of the rest" after making sure these 2 guys didnt get themselves killed we fought the 2 boss void childs and they are a nightmare to fight they got this firestorm ability that just demolish you and that green explosion one that melts you down took me couple tries to kill them not even 2 missions and i hate void children more than anything else in this campaign anyway after having killed those 2 big monsters we go back to the king ensure him that the day is ours and theirs and we head off.

another warp gate another place now its the time to go on the offensive now that we have gathered the companions again its time to strike at morganem stronghold and end his reign of terror once and for all! we exit the warp gate quite a bit far from his stronghold called "khaal spire" we are immediately discovered by darhuks looks like they knew we are coming as they say "they have arrived" add on it the new bases morganem built around the spire there is 5 bases to take care off so the way to the spire is clear each base is manned by a garrison of daruhks some void children that if kept unchecked will summon a void portal that brings in more of their cursed kin and one of morganem 5 warlords the first warlord is revanant being who seems to be a noble soul we try to bargain with him but to no avail so we take the way we been taking all this time hacking and slashing but it doest work out very well the warlord is powered by a tower that heals him everytime he is damaged we must destroy the tower to make the warlord vulnerable by doing so he is fragile but he escapes we raze the darhuk base and move on to meet a weird looking warlord who seems to despise fei and soul reaver the most why? that will be revealed later now we march onto his base he raises a lot of dead so i strike fast and hard taking the tower down the 2nd warlord runs for his life with his base taken out we meet the 3rd warlord a massive beetle like being that uses the term "we" to refer to himself suggesting that he sees his little beetles as a part of him he is the most caring about his soldiers and when you destroy the tower he is quite pissed that so many soldiers died for nothing he also runs away with is base razed of course then we meet a face we saw before its kathryn the succubus she is so angry at our 5th companion our girl called sera poi and she attacks with her full strength at us her tower is so deep in her base that at first i felt lost a bit lol destroying it forces her to retreat but when you try to raze her base after you step in a certain location swarms of enemies come at you from all sides more than any other base what is exactly going on here?? its ridiculous the amount of units that spawned anyway after struggling to deal with them i will do the mistake of saving when one of the companions died so i restart the mission all over again however im not going through like an hour of playing again so i used whosyourdaddy to reach the 4th base after razing the tower to be exact having dealt with the buildings that trigger this weird flow of units it wasnt a big deal this time but the 5th base is something on a whole different level maelstorm is still also pissed at how we hurt his lover his base has 4 rituals of void childs and his tower is insta repaired by the void rituals we need to take out these 4 rituals however taking out 2 or 3 will result in the last one spawning 4 of the big void childs we killed in the last mission so i devised a plan that is to send sera to a ritual fei to another one me the player (soul reaver) on the closest to maelstorm and aileron and keth to the last one will take me few tries to get it right but the plan was to stop 3 rituals lure out the spawning enemies very far from the enemy base kill them then go back to face maelstorm and his tower the 4th ritual only had 1 void child remain making it fast when i go back and kill him i also lured maelstorm out too with abyssal mass was very hard to pull off but this was nothing YES nothing as coming missions will be much harder now that we destroyed the towers and the bases the warlords ran away we chase them into the spire.

no warp gates anymore we just go into the spire we then see maelstorm having destroyed some sort of obelisk giving an orb to each of the warlords this orb has a great power in it we dont know what it is for now but the 5 warlords will channel that device the reality disputer or distributor to fire again seeing how poorly it went last time we cannot allow that to happen we charge head straight maelstorm tells the daurhk warmaster to buy him time by stalling us before we were spying on their convo the warmaster was angry at how the dahruks are being treated maelstorm told him to chill out or he will get a beatup we slaughter the darhuks and then the warmaster in his dying breath the warmaster tells us of the orbs the warlords plan to use against us but what caused him to spit out such a thing? he responds with "because a promise broken and a people betrayed" this guy words will save us as we enter the obelisk chamber find it damaged however soul reaver manages to get it working giving each one of us an orb similar to the warlords ones we dont know what it does yet but we have to act fast each one of us goes after one warlord keth to khlek the giant beetle , sera to Kathryn to finish their feud , fei to that fella i talked about cuz he hates him so much , the player (soul reaver) to maelstorm , and aileron to that noble warrior each of us go their own path and we start with keth the fighting alone against the guards of khlek was tough and boy the boss fight was really hard it took me a bit to understand how the orbs work when we enter the chamber after a brief convo khlek activated his orb and so did ours so the orbs grant you healing and mana regin kind of like a new life in order to win i found out that you need to make the enemy lose his "souls" more than you do lets say each time you lose a soul he loses 2 khlek cannot be fought head on as he has stuns and such so i just kept going around in circles casting dark leash a insta+stun damage ability for keth while waiting for my "nuke" to charge up that is the 2 ults the stun axe and the sand bag with skeletons after like an hour or 2 of running around and doing this i won in his dying breath khlek tells you what difference between you and morganem? if you both slain many people we answer that we only kill baddies and good intentions alone arent enough to determine who is good and who is bad with that keth section is over and now to the best section fei the initial fight with the guards proved hard a bit but not too much then we enter the chamber as that fella i spoke of tells us why he hates he is the necromancer master we killed in chapter 2 it was his only friend the only person that understand him the mortals hated and despised this warlord he for an eternity he lived alone what a sad existence fei boss fight is the easiest thanks to his 2nd ability and overall very quick dps oriented kit we absolutely demolish that guy in his dying breath he tells that us that we (fei) are hated and despised by mortals then FEI drops a hard truth bomb on him saying that seeking approval of everyone is what made this warlord what he is now everything is pound to end like man the writing is really good you gotta give it to the dev here pretty well done writing , now its cameron aileron turn his first name is cameron i forgot that :xxd: cameron fight is the 2nd hardest as he isnt very fast and his opponent has way faster and higher attack than him also the enemy can cast slow too the vision is also hard to adjust as the ramps block vision and you will be moving a lot i got this one by luck i only used the 2 first abilities with cataclysm thrown in as a nuke dont forget items too proved useful was really hard fight however after many tries i got it right in his dying breath the noble warrior told cameron that he died a warrior death a hero's death and to remember him oh and he also drops a background lore he was a hero but whatever action he did ended up being in vain you can see a similar situation to all 5 warlords hating on mortals for being mortals , cameron leaves the chamber after a hardly won battle , i thought it was going to be easy boy i was wrong sera vs kathryin has to be the hardest boss fight out of all 5 she is still pissed off at that breast arrow LOL anyway she explains that mortals tortured her and enslaved her for very long she only sees evil in them you reply by saying that not all mortals are bad and everyone must have a freedom of choice as kathryin didnt get to choose her own destiny for a very long until maelstorm found her and took care of her but the horrible couple will soon meet their end the kathryin boss fight is tough the hardest of all she has more armor and damage than you faster attack speed and a spell kit that directly counters you with poison attacks that reduce the chance of critical strike a mana flare spell and a slow spell then add on it the summon spell and the ult spell that is like fei ult and you get the hardest enemy in the mission your spells cost a good amount of the 2 advantages you have is higher HP and faster movement speed i won this fight by sheer luck i was on like 100 hp when i won standing atop a ramp where kathryin was coming for me then she got filled with arrows as an arrows storm rained upon her i was very happy to have ended her life as she gave some very hard time happy to see her drowned in her blood crying for maelstorm you say that maelstorm will join her soon in the afterlife man what up with the companions dropping hard facts on the defeated enemy?? after this only soul reaver and maelstorm remain the latter explains how he was a king that ruled mortals and how they tend to forget whatever good deeds he did you see the similarities between all warlords ? anyway he says that we immortals are more important than mortals and even hinted that he was gonna dethrone morganem we respond by saying that maelstorm is an abomination morganem may be a misguided tyrant but this guy is a monster that must be destroyed and a unique track kicks off only for soul reaver vs maelstorm boss fight he activates the orb and ours do too he is the most shocked out all 5 warlords to see we also got an orb he quite pissed and worried at kathryin and how she is faring against sera the fight begins and maelstorm isnt playing around with stuns an ult that gives him 20 armor and 3000+ HP he is a challenge however the portal is our trump card as the portal combined with iron will and the sword activation can enable us to waste 2 of maelstorm souls and so started the battle of attrition i will end up blocking maelstorm between me and a demon while he tried to get an orb killing him i was so happy that this mission has ended i spent 3 days on it and very delighted to kill maelstorm and absorb his soul as expected it appears that fei is the first to finish off the fight followed by sera , reaver then cameron and last but not least our slowest fella keth now nothing stands between us and morganem....

the LAST mission the bitter end....this is what we fought so hard for it is here where it all began and it will end it is here where the feature will be decided and its here where only 1 side will walk out victorious we enter the throne room and destriy the reality distributor but morganem doesnt seem changed by this action he speaks with a strange tone his skin pale too slayer appears before us and then a secret is revealed all these void childs share the same soul because....they are the essence of one 1 great dark power uthurak his name i think i wrote it correctly this being is using morganem body as a incarnation morganem didnt foresee this consequence of allying with void childs its no longer a fight between freeing the plane of itha from the rule of a tyrant its a fight to preserve the existence of the entire plane! we the 5 companions are the only people who will decide how this ends all this hype the built the battle we long waited the bitter end is here! morganem has massive health pool over 200k 400 damage 1600 range a variety of the strongest spells he can summon void childs tentacles and all sorts of void this mission had me spend over 2 hours or even 3 just saving and loading at one point i couldnt bring the guy under 20k hp after so much tryharding so much sweating and raging i managed to kill him blood corruption was really great combine both orb of annihilation and cataclysm brought good results and overall timing all 5 of us abilities brought him down even his Apocalypse spell didnt charge in time and he fell before us! the joy of victory was one i didnt feel in any game for a long time the end wasnt bitter it was sweet very sweet seeing all the places we visited and their people rebuilding and recovering brought a smile upon my face a bright feature awaits the people of ithia and one thing i liked the most is the scene of the dahruks standing before us they all lowered their heads and left as if its a sign of respect or something like that then we headed into a last warp gate and concluded this epic saga i took a last look at the background menu knowing now why morganem looked so massive and pale.

after this very long comment that i spent 3 hours typing i would like to say thank you for creating this piece of art your name has been immortalized in the world of gaming in this creation the story of the 5 companions and the plane of ithia has now been drilled in my brain for the time being and im happy to have it as a memory and a unique experience with great level design spell design soundtrack very challenging difficulty and best of all a manual! i didnt even read it but will do now that i finished the campaign or should i say masterpiece? heh :grin:

Level 14
A lot of words written with passion and enthusiasm

Thank you Pandaprewmaster325 - I'm humbled that you took the time to write up your playthrough and how it made you feel, and the level of detail shows me how much you enjoyed it. I really like hearing about other peoples' experiences with my campaign and knowing it inspired you to write this post makes me very happy.

I'm especially happy you liked my writing, I worked hard at it to try and write something I could be proud of. And I hope you'll enjoy reading the manual - there's a lot of additional lore in there about the characters that will add extra depth to the campaign and the characters' motivations and histories.

And congratulations on completing the campaign, it's a real challenge and test of endurance!

Level 11
Thank you Pandaprewmaster325 - I'm humbled that you took the time to write up your playthrough and how it made you feel, and the level of detail shows me how much you enjoyed it. I really like hearing about other peoples' experiences with my campaign and knowing it inspired you to write this post makes me very happy.

I'm especially happy you liked my writing, I worked hard at it to try and write something I could be proud of. And I hope you'll enjoy reading the manual - there's a lot of additional lore in there about the characters that will add extra depth to the campaign and the characters' motivations and histories.

And congratulations on completing the campaign, it's a real challenge and test of endurance!
the manual was pretty fun to read spent like an hour and a half reading through it i liked the FAQ a lot about some characters like cameron "goofy face" "fei should have tattoos that look like a dragon" "a troll looks stupid attacking with a warhammer" im actually grateful that you made such campaign really wanted to play a RPG and only hero focused campaign that takes you throught an epic adventure that doesnt happen in warcraft universe , really cool character artwork in the manual too morganem story is somewhat sad and the thing is his vision of utter control isnt too far from real life which makes the characters more relatable and believable :grin:

Level 8
this creation of love and passion is something else i never played something like this in warcraft 3 i never thought something this beautiful existed in wc3 i will analyze the campaign with the following:

from the first sight when i opened the mission select menu i knew this was going to be a glorious journey the music and the art is a blessing for the eye to look at truly wonderful.

now i click on prologue not knowing what to expect to be greeted by a screen that will be very memorable for times to come the warp gate inside is the loading screen i have memorized this screen very well :xxd: due to endless saving and loading , in the cutscene we see our character destroying every obstacle their enemy throws at them killing masses of dahruk like nothing the tyrant that is our main antagonist morganem in desperation opens a void portal to buy himself time to fire a device called reality distributor or disputer ? lol anyway whatever its called the thing manages to fire at our heroes creating a portal that swallow them all ending the short but epic fight...

its chapter 1 we awake in a prison cell not remembering anything our prison cell is unique by the fact that we are kept in some sort of cage that we cant see from then a character named "slayer" appears out of nowhere explains to us few stuff and set us free he also put the guards that were guarding our cell to sleep and here the campaign starts our first character is soul reaver a "immortal dark knight" however we lack our equipment as it was taken from us when the guards found us unconscious the weapons are stored right in front of our eyes with the guards put to sleep we are free to wander the prison or at least a part of it in order to open the vault that contains our equipment we will need a key so we look out for it finding a path that lead to 2 ways one with 2 guards and the other with an open gate and 2 prisoner cells approaching the prisoner he tells us that in order to get our weapons we will need to enter the warden office that other path that is guarded but we cant go there unarmed so in exchange for freeing the guy he and his buddy in the other cell would lure the guards away from the office so we can sneak in and get the key by giving him some object on the ground the prisoner manages to free himself and his buddy running towards the guards then running away from them the guards take the bait i hurry into the office get the key where the warden is sleeping on his comfy chair get out and hurry to the vault getting my equipment we the player or soul reaver has 4 items the first is his sword called "blooddrinker" quite a spooky name for an object but for a reason the red looking blade has a demon inside it that once activated makes soul reaver go crazy with very fast attack speed teleporting every second to hit a new enemy and 100% life steal however it increases the damage taken by 50% and depending on reaver HP he might or might not lose control of the blade striking both foe and ally alike the 2nd item is a pair of gauntlets that once used make the player go roaring 5 times generating a massive stun and dealing 450 dmg to all enemies and stunning them for 5 seconds then the 3rd item is a necklace that once used dispels all sorts of magic and spells the 4th one is shared by all of the 5 heroes a tent that once used the player goes sleep mode regenerating 600 HP and 300 mana in 30 seconds once used it cant be cancelled but it can be interrupted also each one of the 5 heroes has a passive ability for us we get master of battle the cooler version of drunken brawler ability wise soul reaver is one of the most fun heroes to play as i will choose iron will as my 1st ability it increases my movement speed and attack speed combined with the chance of dealing twice the damage from master of battle and blooddrinker 100% increase in attack and you get very decent DPS , by now the guards guarding our cell have woken up and alarmed the other guards but no worries the 2 prisoners came to help us as they are assassins giving them their gear back will make very useful combat units the guards can be easily dispatched by 1 use of the gauntlets as they all are low HP units with the entire section of this prison cleaned off guards we set out to explore more of it and to make our escape too stumbling upon more prisoners who happen to be guarded by prison soldiers those are stronger than what we initially fought and us being low level cant handle too many of these soldiers because one of soldiers was sent to alarm the barracks our time is running short with 10 minutes left we gotta blitz through the prison sections freeing more and more thugs and prisoners one of them tells us of their leader hecktor who knows the prison well and can help make our escape easier we set out to find him freeing a lot of prisoners in the way finding hecktor in the same kind of cell as we were in and killing the prison jailer in the way hecktor tells us that this prison was built upon a fortress that had a bloody battle in it resulting in most of its residents killed the corpses were thrown in the catacombs of the fort but they the dead inhabitants arose as undead that hunger for living flesh the barracks was built right beside this catacombs and the catacombs sealed off with magical gates to ensure no undead get out honesly after observing the prison architecture i expected something like this :xxd: the barracks has a self containment system if IF by miracle the catacombs are opened as soul reaver we are going to put that to test and so we smash through the hallways of the prison with hecktor men helping us by killing the guards at the barracks gate allowing us access to the other side of the prison at first i walked into the barracks thinking i will find the switch there LOL after getting my first "mission failed" i loaded and counted down the hallway to reach 2 paths the upper path had damaged architecture so i went there but encountered guards thinking it was the wrong path i loaded again and went the other path here we see a great touch by the maker if you happen to go somewhere wrong characters will sense that this may be the wrong path one of the thugs with us tell us that he doesnt think its the right path i was like "yeah probably the dev put that to fool you into thinking you are going the wrong path" turns out it was the wrong path after getting trapped i realized that yeah the first path i went is the right one so i went there smashed the switch opening the magical gates and here comes one of my favorite moments in the campaign the undead gets out of the catacombs attacking the soldiers in the barracks one elite guard tries to escape but the containment system is activated must have been a gruesome death but deserved nonetheless initially i thought the mission will have the undead preach the gate and overrun the entire prison well looks like this containment system is far more efficient than any real life containment system evident by recent events in the world :grin: with the barracks taken care off we set out to the exit encountering 2 guys who are escaping from the guards they join us just to have all my thugs die when the trap by the guards happens dealing with those the door opens and 3 of hecktor men tell us that we got only 8 minutes to escape due to the fact that the prison commander will shut off the prison gates preventing any escape even by magic i rush through the prison blasting the last gate just to see the commander with a large force of guards and these red creatures we see in the prologue known as the dahruk stats wise the dahruk are stronger than all of the prison guards elite or not due to our low level few of them can be a threat they arent too many right now at least for now...as the commander tells us how he will kill us another door busts open its hecktor and his boys we engage in a massive fight killing every guard and leaving few thugs hecktor and us (soul reaver) after a chit-chat with hecktor we start to remember more and more of who we are sensing a spiritual signature of one of our companions we open a warp gate to meet with them saying a good bye to hecktor and his funny boys he is quite happy that we may be the ones to give him and his people a bright feature that they thought was lost forever under morganem rule.

through the warp gate we enter another place of the plane of ithia this time a forest a eerie looking forest...we sense something not good about this forest as we get out of the warp gate we walk a bit to find a dead body this dead person seems to have had a very violent death as we say that the corpse arises as a zombie yup this is a undead mission after putting the guy to eternal sleep again we enter a village a destroyed village knowing what we have seen before and what happens to dead people we ready our blade to slash through more undead and skeletons the battle with the risen townsfolk leaves us exhausted i rest for a bit moving into another town here we see our 2nd hero fei seruman speaking in a incomprehensible way thinking he is an intellectual or something like after a brief exchange of words and hits he escapes the dead townsfolk arise again i just run hoping to outrun the dead i gotta say the atmosphere is well done and will always be throught the campaign after walking more and being chased by undead in the spooky woods i stumble upon a camp with 2 dead soldiers poor guys have met a horrifying death in this rainy night near them is undead so you can tell what happened to them...now we meet fei again after few hits exchanges he runs away escaping the undead again im found by 3 soldiers who speak to us of a person who is so fast that he murdered their entire camp without even seeing him they only survived by hiding and this person is now heading to the nearby town we set off to the town but are too late he fei seruman was razing these towns and killing the civilians there but why? well in order to find out why we brawl with him for a bit at first i used the 3 soldiers in the fight thinking they would give me an advantage lol they died so fast in my 2nd try i just kept them back , after we have won the fight and calmed down fei he remembers us apologizing for the crimes he did then a door behind us opens revealing a necromancer he tells us that he was using fei to raise undead as morganem appointed him to rule over this land tasked with raising undead to include in morganem army i gotta say morganem is a real G for being so inclusive in his choice of army filled with all sort of races anyway the necromancer now tells us that fei is no longer of use to him and throws his undead at us to kill us and fei holding them back with the 3 soldiers to go after the necromancer we must defuse 4 runes that keep the gate to his lair closed it will take us sometime until then more and more undead will arise from the piles of corpses this hold out section will result in all 3 soldiers killed in action :sad: F for these fellas as they are the only soldiers we command in this campaign we defuse the runes and rush into the necromancer lair as he will meet the end of my and fei blades fei is a fun hero to play with his blood corruption spell is so good to use as you destroy entire armies with it very satisfying spell design the necromancer is the 2nd boss fight oh yeah in each mission you do a boss fight like each mission concludes with a boss fight the necromancer falls quickly before our might and we leave this wounded place to heal opening another warp gate to find another of our companions.

its mission 3 it opens with a guy in massive bulky suit of armor running through another forest but this forest looks sunny and beautiful behind this guy a massive construct a hellish creation as he is hiding a wall of trees open revealing some druids they rescue the guy as he and the archdruid converses a warp gate opens from emerges fei and soul reaver we identify this armored guy as aileron our 3rd companion an elemental guy with affiliation of fire and psychic abilities this Juggernaut as its called that was chasing aileron is from morganem army man im starting to hate this guy the construct is destroying the forests and druids arent happy however we cant fight the Juggernaut head on without backup so the archdruid tells us to find certain plants that can grow to mighty treemen to help us in the coming fight we must find 7 of these plants and we set off to do so if you choose to walk the way aileron came from he will comment on it saying that he saw no plants of this kind there another nice touch by the dev the plants are found in 2 valleys they are guarded by the dahruks this is the first mission against them being our proper enemies there is lots of them but aileron is master of AOE damage his meteors can stun entire enemy formations while fei and us cut them down in one instance the dahruks unleash upon us a strange tentacled creature a powerful creature but is slain quickly this strange creature was seen in the prologue coming out of the void gate morganem opened after this strange encounter the gathering goes fine with many of the dauhrks slaughtered before the battle begins properly with the plants given to the archdruid its time to attack mode heading straight to the juggernaut the druids and the treemen we gathered will aid us however the archdruid will remain in the rear to help grow the treemen and heal us if possible its a tug of war boss fight the juggernaut spawns daurhks possibly by summoning them? or is crewed by them? it doesnt matter cuz this thing is going down after a long and exhausting fight the juggernaut is destroyed but the cost was dire many druids are killed and the forest are in shambles wanting to leave heart grove behind us fast so that morganem doesnt send more of his vile armies and harm more innocents we open a warp gate to reconnect with another companion.

we have reached mission 4 and there is still so much content to unpack in this epic campaign but man i need a blanket cuz its hella cold in this place we find our 4th companion very fast he is unconscious and very cold too we awaken him up with some of aileron fire but he is too cold and must get back to his camp to feel warm again he can barely speak he kethrasis did i spell that right? lol he is the only hero that i still struggle to spell his name our new guy here is the tank of the group with highest HP and armor of all 5 he can also summon skeletons! as we walk him to his very far camp we stumble upon more of that tentacled creature from before they are called the "void children" and i hate them and this mission is why i hate them these are the creatures we see coming out of the portal in the prologue stronger than any creature we fought having inhuman strength ability to lash at foes void winds so many spells and abilities that will make you use all your skill and determination to survive! thats what was written on the loading screen of this mission well the last bit about skill and determination because it really do you will need to use everything you have to make it to the camp kethrasis is somewhat useless in this section as he can barely regin health he cant rest and worst of all HE is the slowest hero out of all 5 an issue that this mission utilizes to the fullest i lost a lot in this mission and reaching the camp was not only comfy to keth and to me too now we got a new hero to play with super tanky boi he explains to us after he rested in his camp how he ended up unconscious it appear the void children were sent to look for him by who else other than the tyrant morganem??? my hate for this increased more and more as this campaign came closer to its end keth will make his camp and during that he will see the void children following them he saw them doing some sort of ritual around a creature of huge size the void children will notice keth and he will run with all that he can until he collapsed and we found him keth doesnt want to leave until that creature is taken care off now we set out to kill that thing in our way we a see a group of dahurks escaping from the void children , terrified of the void children the utter the words that morganem is becoming increasingly reliant on his new allies the void children find the group of dahruks and just absolutely demolish the dudes but i decided to strike when both parties were fighting seeing that both are occupied with killing one another the journey was really exhausting the void children dont stop coming from the caves resting is hard to do and keth speed didnt help at all what i did was rest one of the boys while the others guarded him the abyssal mass and the skeletons helped with the demon gate too the demon gate is soul reaver first ult as you have 2 ults soul reaver ults are both very good as orb of annihilation is very satisfying to use on large groups of enemies again spell design is really great the demons that come out of the gate help bolster our strength especially at level 4 and 5 the variety of demons is good too you have a damned souls demon slaves demon hounds etc the higher the level the more demons you get invest at it early and it helps a lot if you keep the portal running as it can be destroyed by enemies so cast it carefully in safe places we reach the monstrosity that keth spoke off the void childs were all gathered around it doing a ritual a similar looking ritual was being done at another place during our journey for the camp now we death with this thing of immense power oh yeah and the land around this creature was being corrupted the corruption meant the creature could grow tentacles from the ground to harass us it was a major annoyance the creature while a worthy opponent falls before all 4 of us after the battle we talk with the others how the void children have no unique soul as soul reaver can see all creatures souls as they are visible to him each one is unique but the void childs have nothing of that oh yeah and by now you probably would notice that all names of void childern are of bad deeds such as lust and fear and fury not a good sign at all we leave this cold placed behind and set off to find the last companion.

exiting another warp gate we enter a beautiful land not particularly cold but keth likes it more than that cold tundra we spend the last couple hours in i should buy myself some heating system after that mission cuz of how cold it was , now upon our exit of the portal was soldiers heading towards a force of daurhk warriors we aid them kill the daurhks their leader thank us and takes us to his father the king they have been fighting the forces of morganem for quite a while now we know why as our last companion is here somewhere after asking the king about her whereabouts he tells us that our last companion has been injured and is currently in the castle with clerics attending her wounds she has been fighting morganem armies along with these people but she got hit by a poison arrow or dagger? i dont remember ever since then the dahruk troops were pressing hard the older king son went off to get help and so until he comes back we have to hold the 4 passes from morganem dark forces the music in this mission boasted my morale by 1000% and oh yeah its time to talk about the soundtrack of this campaign its simply magnificent just a beautiful soundtrack that fits the missions they are assigned to very well it manages to make our characters look badass in every sense this particular track in this mission has became one of my favorite throught the campaign top tier music it also reinforces the story telling and the thing is the music kicks in as fights are about to start and cutscenes about to end giving you this hype to face the enemy with all of your strength by now 10 minutes of the 15 long minutes hold-out objective are gone our heroes are separated each one goes to one of the 4 paths along with some troops with us and 3 towers in each base to ring the bell so that the prince and his troops come to aid us the objective is simple dont let the enemy destroy the production buildings ring the bell when in need to do so YOU cannont and SHOULDN'T go on the offensive as there is a wall of fire that blocks you from the enemy base if you happen to venture outside the bases the characters will comment on it each with their unique dialogue about the situation after barely holding out for that long the older prince comes in i was so relieved to wait what?? he sided with morganem? you son of a ***** after having a mental breakdown for the betrayal and losing couple times cuz the king and our still loyal prince died WHO you cannot control died so fast few tries and i got it right then our 5th hero awoken having her wounds attended to she is now in fine shape and ready for battle then she does one of the most badass things a character did in the campaign she goes on a hill gets a special arrow and shots it across the wall of fire piercing one morganem generals breast forcing the enemy to shut down the wall of fire and the 2 generals retreated as morganem sent 2 generals to oversee this operation and "maelstorm" the 2nd general was pissed that the 1st general his lover "kathryin" was wounded so badly that every breath she takes is agony i was very delighted to see the enemy suffering like this after what they put me through with the music kicking in i charge full speed at the enemy base smashing everything and everyone and when the enemy base is destroyed at last we regroup with the king and his prince the king is having hard time coping with the fact that he....helped killed his own son thats really rough man :sad: then the warp gates that were in morganem army base open again bringing 2 void children giant void children stronger than anything we fought before the king and the prince insisted on helping us but we were like "nah this is a personal matter you have done more than enough guys we will take of the rest" after making sure these 2 guys didnt get themselves killed we fought the 2 boss void childs and they are a nightmare to fight they got this firestorm ability that just demolish you and that green explosion one that melts you down took me couple tries to kill them not even 2 missions and i hate void children more than anything else in this campaign anyway after having killed those 2 big monsters we go back to the king ensure him that the day is ours and theirs and we head off.

another warp gate another place now its the time to go on the offensive now that we have gathered the companions again its time to strike at morganem stronghold and end his reign of terror once and for all! we exit the warp gate quite a bit far from his stronghold called "khaal spire" we are immediately discovered by darhuks looks like they knew we are coming as they say "they have arrived" add on it the new bases morganem built around the spire there is 5 bases to take care off so the way to the spire is clear each base is manned by a garrison of daruhks some void children that if kept unchecked will summon a void portal that brings in more of their cursed kin and one of morganem 5 warlords the first warlord is revanant being who seems to be a noble soul we try to bargain with him but to no avail so we take the way we been taking all this time hacking and slashing but it doest work out very well the warlord is powered by a tower that heals him everytime he is damaged we must destroy the tower to make the warlord vulnerable by doing so he is fragile but he escapes we raze the darhuk base and move on to meet a weird looking warlord who seems to despise fei and soul reaver the most why? that will be revealed later now we march onto his base he raises a lot of dead so i strike fast and hard taking the tower down the 2nd warlord runs for his life with his base taken out we meet the 3rd warlord a massive beetle like being that uses the term "we" to refer to himself suggesting that he sees his little beetles as a part of him he is the most caring about his soldiers and when you destroy the tower he is quite pissed that so many soldiers died for nothing he also runs away with is base razed of course then we meet a face we saw before its kathryn the succubus she is so angry at our 5th companion our girl called sera poi and she attacks with her full strength at us her tower is so deep in her base that at first i felt lost a bit lol destroying it forces her to retreat but when you try to raze her base after you step in a certain location swarms of enemies come at you from all sides more than any other base what is exactly going on here?? its ridiculous the amount of units that spawned anyway after struggling to deal with them i will do the mistake of saving when one of the companions died so i restart the mission all over again however im not going through like an hour of playing again so i used whosyourdaddy to reach the 4th base after razing the tower to be exact having dealt with the buildings that trigger this weird flow of units it wasnt a big deal this time but the 5th base is something on a whole different level maelstorm is still also pissed at how we hurt his lover his base has 4 rituals of void childs and his tower is insta repaired by the void rituals we need to take out these 4 rituals however taking out 2 or 3 will result in the last one spawning 4 of the big void childs we killed in the last mission so i devised a plan that is to send sera to a ritual fei to another one me the player (soul reaver) on the closest to maelstorm and aileron and keth to the last one will take me few tries to get it right but the plan was to stop 3 rituals lure out the spawning enemies very far from the enemy base kill them then go back to face maelstorm and his tower the 4th ritual only had 1 void child remain making it fast when i go back and kill him i also lured maelstorm out too with abyssal mass was very hard to pull off but this was nothing YES nothing as coming missions will be much harder now that we destroyed the towers and the bases the warlords ran away we chase them into the spire.

no warp gates anymore we just go into the spire we then see maelstorm having destroyed some sort of obelisk giving an orb to each of the warlords this orb has a great power in it we dont know what it is for now but the 5 warlords will channel that device the reality disputer or distributor to fire again seeing how poorly it went last time we cannot allow that to happen we charge head straight maelstorm tells the daurhk warmaster to buy him time by stalling us before we were spying on their convo the warmaster was angry at how the dahruks are being treated maelstorm told him to chill out or he will get a beatup we slaughter the darhuks and then the warmaster in his dying breath the warmaster tells us of the orbs the warlords plan to use against us but what caused him to spit out such a thing? he responds with "because a promise broken and a people betrayed" this guy words will save us as we enter the obelisk chamber find it damaged however soul reaver manages to get it working giving each one of us an orb similar to the warlords ones we dont know what it does yet but we have to act fast each one of us goes after one warlord keth to khlek the giant beetle , sera to Kathryn to finish their feud , fei to that fella i talked about cuz he hates him so much , the player (soul reaver) to maelstorm , and aileron to that noble warrior each of us go their own path and we start with keth the fighting alone against the guards of khlek was tough and boy the boss fight was really hard it took me a bit to understand how the orbs work when we enter the chamber after a brief convo khlek activated his orb and so did ours so the orbs grant you healing and mana regin kind of like a new life in order to win i found out that you need to make the enemy lose his "souls" more than you do lets say each time you lose a soul he loses 2 khlek cannot be fought head on as he has stuns and such so i just kept going around in circles casting dark leash a insta+stun damage ability for keth while waiting for my "nuke" to charge up that is the 2 ults the stun axe and the sand bag with skeletons after like an hour or 2 of running around and doing this i won in his dying breath khlek tells you what difference between you and morganem? if you both slain many people we answer that we only kill baddies and good intentions alone arent enough to determine who is good and who is bad with that keth section is over and now to the best section fei the initial fight with the guards proved hard a bit but not too much then we enter the chamber as that fella i spoke of tells us why he hates he is the necromancer master we killed in chapter 2 it was his only friend the only person that understand him the mortals hated and despised this warlord he for an eternity he lived alone what a sad existence fei boss fight is the easiest thanks to his 2nd ability and overall very quick dps oriented kit we absolutely demolish that guy in his dying breath he tells that us that we (fei) are hated and despised by mortals then FEI drops a hard truth bomb on him saying that seeking approval of everyone is what made this warlord what he is now everything is pound to end like man the writing is really good you gotta give it to the dev here pretty well done writing , now its cameron aileron turn his first name is cameron i forgot that :xxd: cameron fight is the 2nd hardest as he isnt very fast and his opponent has way faster and higher attack than him also the enemy can cast slow too the vision is also hard to adjust as the ramps block vision and you will be moving a lot i got this one by luck i only used the 2 first abilities with cataclysm thrown in as a nuke dont forget items too proved useful was really hard fight however after many tries i got it right in his dying breath the noble warrior told cameron that he died a warrior death a hero's death and to remember him oh and he also drops a background lore he was a hero but whatever action he did ended up being in vain you can see a similar situation to all 5 warlords hating on mortals for being mortals , cameron leaves the chamber after a hardly won battle , i thought it was going to be easy boy i was wrong sera vs kathryin has to be the hardest boss fight out of all 5 she is still pissed off at that breast arrow LOL anyway she explains that mortals tortured her and enslaved her for very long she only sees evil in them you reply by saying that not all mortals are bad and everyone must have a freedom of choice as kathryin didnt get to choose her own destiny for a very long until maelstorm found her and took care of her but the horrible couple will soon meet their end the kathryin boss fight is tough the hardest of all she has more armor and damage than you faster attack speed and a spell kit that directly counters you with poison attacks that reduce the chance of critical strike a mana flare spell and a slow spell then add on it the summon spell and the ult spell that is like fei ult and you get the hardest enemy in the mission your spells cost a good amount of the 2 advantages you have is higher HP and faster movement speed i won this fight by sheer luck i was on like 100 hp when i won standing atop a ramp where kathryin was coming for me then she got filled with arrows as an arrows storm rained upon her i was very happy to have ended her life as she gave some very hard time happy to see her drowned in her blood crying for maelstorm you say that maelstorm will join her soon in the afterlife man what up with the companions dropping hard facts on the defeated enemy?? after this only soul reaver and maelstorm remain the latter explains how he was a king that ruled mortals and how they tend to forget whatever good deeds he did you see the similarities between all warlords ? anyway he says that we immortals are more important than mortals and even hinted that he was gonna dethrone morganem we respond by saying that maelstorm is an abomination morganem may be a misguided tyrant but this guy is a monster that must be destroyed and a unique track kicks off only for soul reaver vs maelstorm boss fight he activates the orb and ours do too he is the most shocked out all 5 warlords to see we also got an orb he quite pissed and worried at kathryin and how she is faring against sera the fight begins and maelstorm isnt playing around with stuns an ult that gives him 20 armor and 3000+ HP he is a challenge however the portal is our trump card as the portal combined with iron will and the sword activation can enable us to waste 2 of maelstorm souls and so started the battle of attrition i will end up blocking maelstorm between me and a demon while he tried to get an orb killing him i was so happy that this mission has ended i spent 3 days on it and very delighted to kill maelstorm and absorb his soul as expected it appears that fei is the first to finish off the fight followed by sera , reaver then cameron and last but not least our slowest fella keth now nothing stands between us and morganem....

the LAST mission the bitter end....this is what we fought so hard for it is here where it all began and it will end it is here where the feature will be decided and its here where only 1 side will walk out victorious we enter the throne room and destriy the reality distributor but morganem doesnt seem changed by this action he speaks with a strange tone his skin pale too slayer appears before us and then a secret is revealed all these void childs share the same soul because....they are the essence of one 1 great dark power uthurak his name i think i wrote it correctly this being is using morganem body as a incarnation morganem didnt foresee this consequence of allying with void childs its no longer a fight between freeing the plane of itha from the rule of a tyrant its a fight to preserve the existence of the entire plane! we the 5 companions are the only people who will decide how this ends all this hype the built the battle we long waited the bitter end is here! morganem has massive health pool over 200k 400 damage 1600 range a variety of the strongest spells he can summon void childs tentacles and all sorts of void this mission had me spend over 2 hours or even 3 just saving and loading at one point i couldnt bring the guy under 20k hp after so much tryharding so much sweating and raging i managed to kill him blood corruption was really great combine both orb of annihilation and cataclysm brought good results and overall timing all 5 of us abilities brought him down even his Apocalypse spell didnt charge in time and he fell before us! the joy of victory was one i didnt feel in any game for a long time the end wasnt bitter it was sweet very sweet seeing all the places we visited and their people rebuilding and recovering brought a smile upon my face a bright feature awaits the people of ithia and one thing i liked the most is the scene of the dahruks standing before us they all lowered their heads and left as if its a sign of respect or something like that then we headed into a last warp gate and concluded this epic saga i took a last look at the background menu knowing now why morganem looked so massive and pale.

after this very long comment that i spent 3 hours typing i would like to say thank you for creating this piece of art your name has been immortalized in the world of gaming in this creation the story of the 5 companions and the plane of ithia has now been drilled in my brain for the time being and im happy to have it as a memory and a unique experience with great level design spell design soundtrack very challenging difficulty and best of all a manual! i didnt even read it but will do now that i finished the campaign or should i say masterpiece? heh :grin:
omygod what is this, im impressed by this comment alone, let my gf come we will play this together hehehehe. i cudnt read the long comment but i read the beginning and the end