• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Time of checking dependencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've got these triggers. In short, the ESC key is used to skip an Intro (first trigger). After that, the ESC key is used for something else. Therefore, I have a boolean that changes after pressing ESC the first time. But, it seems the second trigger reacts to the boolean change in the first trigger and immediately fires! This applies also to singeplayer mode, so there's no "lag" that may cause this.
Adding a wait-function before the boolean change remedied the problem, but it made me questioning the universe. I take it is so that War3 doesn't run the triggers simultaneously, but one after another. Is this something I have to keep in mind when creating triggers with similar dependencies? Wise words requested.

Map initializiation: Intro is True

• Skip
  • Events
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) skips a cinematic sequence
  • Conditions
    • Intro Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    • Set Intro = False
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • other actions...

• toMainMenuSelectingPlayer
  • Events
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) skips a cinematic sequence
  • Conditions
    • Intro Equal to False
  • Actions
    • other actions...

It is normal. Triggers are ran sequentially, in order:

Skip runs -> Intro is true -> Set intro to false
toMainMenuSelecting Player runs -> Intro is false -> actions

It doesn't actually run them "at the same time". In wc3, there is always an order to things.

Anyway, the best way to remedy your problem is to turn "toMainMenu..." initially off (uncheck the "Initially On" button when you select your trigger). After Skip is used, or when the intro finishes, turn the trigger on and turn the "Skip" off.

Status
Not open for further replies.