• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Esc and hidden cancel button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello there.
I have an issue. I've hidden the cancel button that worked on the Esc key, so now if I press Esc, it doesn't close the menu. E.g. Build menu where you chose what to build. If you select some unit and then select the "builder" again, it gets refreshed, but I've tried to implement it via triggers, which doesn't work the same way. If it did, it'd be perfect.
  • Refresh the hero
    • Events
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering player)
      • Selection - Select The Ancient Relic 0002 <gen> for (Triggering player)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Selection - Clear selection for (Triggering player)
      • Selection - Select Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] for (Triggering player)
as you can see, I've already tried delays (bad noob practice, I know) and clearing selection.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 39
Well... that's a bizarre interaction. Never would have thought ESC actually force-pressed the Cancel ability behind the scenes. How did you hide the button? 0,-11 button position or using the disable ability command?

Level 10
Well... that's a bizarre interaction. Never would have thought ESC actually force-pressed the Cancel ability behind the scenes. How did you hide the button? 0,-11 button position or using the disable ability command?
9,-11 option.
It doesn't forcepress the Cancel ability and that's a problem(( as I need all 12 slots and still be able to use other abilities

Is there a way to force player press F1 key?

Level 39
Yeah I meant that it attempts to perform a cancel by forcing the ability in some fashion. Clearly it fails when the button isn't on the screen. ^^ No way to force Fkeys as far as I'm aware. Maybe added in future update?

Status
Not open for further replies.