• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Time is spamming me -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there, yea I´m kinda new inhere.
I started to change my life 2 weeks ago, saying to myself that i needed to do some of the stuff I´ve always wanted to do.

And here i am with a Trigger-timer that overruns me with creeps, which it should´t do before a creature is dead... but i does, around 2-3 min into the game every single one of my creep spawns starts spamming me with end game creeps.

This is my first trigger, where a unit dies, and as revenge i cast some creeps:

• Water Elemental Army Attacks start
    • Events
      • Unit - Water Elemental (Level 3) 0218 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 10 Water Elemental (Level 3) for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of waterspawns 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Water Elemental (Level 3) for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of waterspawns 2 with boss <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Trigger - Turn on Water Elemental spawns <gen>
After i have turned it on, i want a region to spawn creeps until another unit is dead fx, a Hero.
So i created the trigger below, AND this one is my problem...

• Water Elements spawns
    • Events
      • Time - Every 200.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 10 Water Elemental (Level 3) for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of waterspawns 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Water Elemental (Level 3) for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of waterspawns 2 with boss <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Cause exactly 200 sec into the game it spams the creeps
together with every other creep spawns, starts casting creeps, which problematically have higher lv creeps. Which are smashing my hero. And completely ignoring my event, and all my (tried conditions):vw_wtf: .

However stopping it ain´t a problem, after it is activated, which i do by using this.

• Stop waterspawns Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - Enemy Hero <gen>'s life becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Water Elemental spawns <gen> <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Curse You!!!! Morta...
But that does not stop Water Elements spawns from casting before i killed the Event start unit..
btw. i have made a time-variable (though i can´t find it)

so if you can help me i would really be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
Here's the triggers in triggers tag, use them next time okay?

• Water Elemental Army Attacks start
    • Events
      • Unit - Water Elemental (Level 3) 0218 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Water Elemental spawns <gen>

• Water Elements spawns
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

• Stop waterspawns Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - Enemy Hero <gen>'s life becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Water Elemental Army Attacks start <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Curse You!!!! Morta...

Level 3
but its not that´trigger that my problem, Works even with unit life.

its this trigger thats my problem, with the Time - Every 200.00 seconds of game time funktion, running before my event-unit dies.

• Water Elements spawns
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
ps. The first and last triggers Work as it should. ( or how i think it should Work )

btw thx for the tags, didnt know how to do it like that ;D.

Last edited:
Level 3
I have made a trigger that stop everyone ( in the top of the file, don´t know if that has an affect), and tested it... they all still run.
which is written like this
  • Trigger - Turn off Water Elemental spawns <gen>
exactly like this just with different names.. and 2 min into the game, they all suddenly spawns creeps...

the only guess i had been able to come up with, is the Time trigger as the problem, and for some reason i cant stop it, nor can i find an condition or a action that actually stops it..

as a note: the fun thing is, that when my hero are killed the triggers stop...

so the question is, why they even start? before i told them to, when i have a turn off trigger?

it is really annoying. so kinda started to think i did a wrong creep spawn trigger..

• Water Elements spawns
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • BOOLEAN_VARIABLE equal to true
    • Actions
elsewhere;

• Set BOOLEAN_VARIABLE = true
though turning it off should have worked.

Level 3
Could it be that i have made 2 many spawn Places? and that the Count can´t see the diffrence...

is there a place where i can see if "the time thing" is turned on by accident ( which Count for the Whole map?? ).

perhabs i should try make the creeps spawns in wawes instead based on what you kill.. however the last idea seem more interesting.

but gonna test your tip out TH.
thx for the advice.

testet the turn on/off trigger on another map.. it stil dont Work... keep spamming humens, before the unit dies.
so im kinda started to think
I made an error that affeckt the Whole map ? would anyone know about that? where to look for it.
-_-

Level 3
Uhm ty trigger.. i did read the link you had, thinking it had something to do with it.. but honestly i dont understand it Oo, sorry..
but ill keep looking at it until i might do.

Could you guide me though finding this boolean variable, is it under event or conditions, or action.. and those is say game/unit or something els in front, cause as i wrote earlier, searching for the text ain´t giving me many options.. and they suddenly don´t look like yours.. ;D

but thx for trying to help me.

Level 3
Boolearn.JPG

This is my variable so far, got 2 diffrent for reviving different computers heroes..
should i be something special?

sorry im so hard to learn it;D but i am trying.

• Water Elements spawns
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • BOOLEAN_VARIABLE equal to true
    • Actions
elsewhere;

• Set BOOLEAN_VARIABLE = true
though turning it off should have worked.

Well.. that guide pointed my head the right way, think i got it now, atleast it look like yours.. so I am going to test it out.

but is it correct that this variable does:
see if my variable is true = check if my unit is in fact dead..
set the variable true = makes the game check if it actually is true. ?

So it works.. Yes!!, and i kinda have a new problem.... now it only spawns creature once... so i´m guessing i have to set it to
BOOLEAN_Variable Equal to false
in order to make it keep spawn?

Level 3
Tested every version if combination i could come up with, but it only spawns creature once.( when i give it 10 units ).. and time trigger don´t do anything even after it is started.
the point was it should continue. -_- so what do i miss.

The Boolean is global set to false

and my spawn triggers is setting it to true. but nothing happens.

think i got it.. seems a bit annoying, but if i make a variable for each spawn camp... they will not affect each other.. = i can set a global variable turning all BOOLEAN_variable off..
and then 1 by 1 turning it on again, and when the unit dies turn it of.

is that how they should work? and is that the reason people dont make complicated creature spawn maps ( only 1 spawn place instead of 10 ) ?

;D

Btw they only spawn if i set it to false.. so by setting BOOLEAN to true, ill stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.