• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tides of War 2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Tides of War 2.0 (Campaign)

Reviews
Removed from public temporarily on authors request. 13:04, 8th Apr 2014 Orcnet: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2509354-post31.html

What do you think of my campaign?

• 1/5 Worst thing ever!

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 2/5 More or less.

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • 3/5 Totally ok.

Votes: 43 10.6%
  • 4/5 It's pretty good

Votes: 104 25.6%
  • 5/5 I love it!

Votes: 238 58.6%

• Total voters
Level 5
Got through just now. Will write up a review. This was really a mixed experience. I feel that Missions 2 and 3, which were pretty bad, weren't made with the devotion you have made 5-8, which were awsome. 1 was good, 4 was ok.

But first here's my Bug-Report:

Bug Report - Tides of war

Mission 1:

1.1. After entering the necropolis and finishing it the barrier is gone. Against better judgement I decided to re-enter the Necropolis (after quick-saving). Re-entering is possible, re-exiting not, stuck in limbo with hero. Either put a teleporter at the end (maybe in the form of a small circle of might right under the generator) or close the necropolis entering-portal after destroying the generator.

1.2. My Heroes went first through the door leaving my dragonspawns behind the suddenly closed door. Without my Large Healing Potion I would've been screwed against the lvl 10 lich killing Kalecgos. Don't know how to solve this but it could make for a very frustrating moment for people not frequently quicksaving. Also, since you inserted this mechanic so I can't run away from the lich, note that I could lure him with a dragon spawn instead of going in with my heroes leaving the door open. So maybe just remove the door closing or making it destroyable.

1.3. At the very beginning there is the north gate. There is a destroyable gate on the invulnerable one.

Other Issues (Mission 1):

1.1. The map is huge, almost twice the size of the playable area.

Mission 2:

2.1 Before I seek out the southern base I try to go to the other paths. Invisible walls block me from moving on. The southers Invisible Wall however is removed when I use Star Shards on the one visible enemy and even keeps being removed after Restarting the level without doing so. Or maybe there was no invisible wall? Not sure anymore.

2.2 NPC's can all be killed, Buildings can be destroyed.

Other Issues (Mission 2):

2.1. There's a path leading north-west with an invisible wall and 3 soldiers (which can be killed and go through that wall). When the level ended I was curious what's behind that area and why you double blocked it. Didn't find out though, didn't want to cheat.

2.2. Feels like a Filler-map since Kalecgos could just fly over that broken bridge. Also the fights are somewhat boring yet kinda difficult. Had to return to the priest in first town to get faster healing.

2.3. Neither Items nor Skill-choices I made in Mission one were carried over to Kalecgos in Mission 2. In Mission 2 to Mission 3 however stuff carried over.

Mission 3:

3.1. I'm probably not supposed to be able to destroy the north-western gate before enemys come, or am I?

3.2. Didn't have music on this map except for the last 6 minutes. Don't know whats up with that.

Other Issues (Mission 3):

3.1 This map pissed me off because at first, it seems pointless to do anything else but to wait for the 30 minutes to pass. At the 15 minute mark however my allied forces can't hold the line anymore effectively making me loose. I restart and buy and place as many towers as I can... Well then I had what I thought. 30 minutes of waiting pointlessly. I feel you could've done way better than that, especially since your strenght is design (in my opinion).

3.2 You could change the whole scenery and make this map fun by simply allowing the player to take control of at least one faction and build units and towers, therefore of course you'd have to rearrange the enemy..

3.3 Cutting the time to 15 minutes would make this map "ok". Can imagine people thinking that the campaign sucks up to this point and quitting.

Mission 4:

4.1 Had no music again. Still don't know whats up with that.

4.2. The South Eastern Base is sending out only about 3 soldiers any given time, with much time in between. Don't know if this is a flaw or a bug, but the 2nd base is in no danger whatsoever.

Other Issues (Mission 4):

4.1 This map feels like it belongs here. A rather good map in comparison with Mission 2 and 3. I feel like your cinematic should've been more about the mission. Something like "We are surrounded by enemies. Our brothers and sisters are captured. We need to save them as soon as possible if we are to survive" with camera showing the imprisoned units. You already had a story-driven interlude in between, so it wouldn't be out of place. Oh, well.

4.2 The map is still pretty dragging. You also introduce a nice new idea about ressource gathering that doesn't go anywhere in later missions. Decided not to include it?

Mission 5:

5.1 At first there was music, after the base-building cinematic the music stopped. Randomly started again towards the end.

Other Issues (Mission 5)

5.1 Items and Skillset of Varessa, Jaina and Modera didn't carry over.

Mission 6:

It gets better since Mission 5. I like that.

Other Issues (Mission 6);

6.1 Having to wait one minute to disable an obelisk while apsolutely nothing happens during that time is tiring and pointless. 15 seconds should be sufficient.

Mission 7:

7.1 LOVE IT. Favorite Level so far

Mission 8:

8.1 LOVE IT. Second-best so far

Other Issues (Mission 8):

8.1 Whats up with the force-field shielded area up north? Why does the map end before I can get there? :(

8.2 Varessa is capped at lvl 9. I thought this means there is a Chapter 9. Was waaay disappointed :)P). allow Varessa to reach lvl10 please.

Other Issues (Overall):

1. Cinematics are not skipable.

2. Several skill-tooltips are different from the way they appear before they are selected when they are selected. Also on some occasions both tool tips are wrong. The best is Arcane Wrath: "Calls a Magic wave to strike enemies for 20 seconds. Lasts 12 seconds". Active it says "20 damage" and even that is untrue.

3. Whatever happened to Kalegcos?

Last edited:
Level 27
Ok, I have been playing this campaing since yesterday, my impressions are in the mixed rating. Good everything but the bugs and some mechanics are frustrating.

For example, the gold in mission 1, but no way to spend the gold in the map.

The second mission is a big wtf, kill creeps for no reason and being bossed by the Captain, men Kalegos has the patience of a saint, another dragon and sure that outpost should be on flames.

Third mission: The night elves are weak, don't revive their heros and don't rebuild, this mission needs and overhaul, for example collect more gold by killing horde soldiers or give us one base to build soldiers.

Something that i found complicated is Dalaran unit tree. I understand that Dalaran is a mage city thus you should have more variety in spellcasters but, having the spellbreaker spells in two units is ridiculous.

Maybe you could make three solid spellcasters to use during the campaing, and left the other versions to be buyable in mercenary camps.

The last missions were good, if you could overhaul the weak first four missions this could be in another level.

Level 23
@Krolan
Thank you for the feedback!

@Himperion
having the spellbreaker spells in two units is ridiculous.
What unit? lol
Also, Dalaran army don't have spellbreaker.

And about Dalaran Tech-tree will remain the same, i really liked what i made, and they be "buyable" in mercenary camps it's really stanger.

I don't know what the army don't work correctly with the others people, for me is fine, i will just make another AI for the Night Elves! :)

---
For the next updated:
-Chapter One - Frozen Heart - may contain some changes some changes.
-Chapter Two - Trace of Hope - will be removed, since don't make sense, and for the boring gameplay.
-Chapter Three, now Two - Battle for Theramore - will be a bit changed, the player will control the Kirin Tor base, and the time will be decreased of 30 to 15 minutes.
-The other will have some littles changes.

-- The cine will have skip, i have made half of this already. --

Level 27
What unit? lol
Also, Dalaran army don't have spellbreaker.

The Spellwaver has Control Magic, and Feedback, the Enchantress have Spellsteal. So you need to build two different units to fill the same role than the Spellbreaker in your normal group. Is a bit convoluted specially when you could use dispel magic from the Enchantress with the same mana cost to debuff a larger area xD

Level 5
If you ever 2.0 this campaign I'd suggest also removing chapter 3, making a new one (if you gotta have a survival stage). A bigger map with stuff to actually explore would also give purpose to 30 minutes again.

I'll hold back on reviewing this 'til update. Otherwise I'd mostly repeat myself regarding the negative points.

Since I didn't mention in report: I love the looks and designs. The heroes are fun to play without being overpowered or too weak. Some Items are extremely useful but placed where some won't look (Scepter of Healing). Also, why would it lay around like that? o.o

The Story in the beginning goes nowhere and the missing Iris is found off-screen without much explanation. First half of story seems aborted. The second half however is actually interesting and designed good. Your cutscenes follow the same structure, First half meh, secondhalf yay. The last interlude was a big eyecacher, the room was beautiful.

Will you actually continue the story at some point? :)

Level 23
Chapter 2 will be removed completely or replaced by another map?

Probability just remove the map, but if something come in mind, i could add something. We'll see. xD

The Spellwaver has Control Magic, and Feedback, the Enchantress have Spellsteal. So you need to build two different units to fill the same role than the Spellbreaker in your normal group. Is a bit convoluted specially when you could use dispel magic from the Enchantress with the same mana cost to debuff a larger area xD

Oh, well, i should change it, i will change a bit the Spell Weaver spells. :)

If you ever 2.0 this campaign I'd suggest also removing chapter 3, making a new one (if you gotta have a survival stage). A bigger map with stuff to actually explore would also give purpose to 30 minutes again.

I'll hold back on reviewing this 'til update. Otherwise I'd mostly repeat myself regarding the negative points.

Since I didn't mention in report: I love the looks and designs. The heroes are fun to play without being overpowered or too weak. Some Items are extremely useful but placed where some won't look (Scepter of Healing). Also, why would it lay around like that? o.o

The Story in the beginning goes nowhere and the missing Iris is found off-screen without much explanation. First half of story seems aborted. The second half however is actually interesting and designed good. Your cutscenes follow the same structure, First half meh, secondhalf yay. The last interlude was a big eyecacher, the room was beautiful.

Will you actually continue the story at some point? :)

Thanks!
Good to see that you are intend to make another review when the other version come out! Hmm, i should to change Battle For Theramore again, it will be the forth time since i begin the campaign lol
The Iris, you should to have some knowledge, until in the book it isn't that clean, i will add more about that, since i'm going to change this map a bit.

Will you actually continue the story at some point?

Sure, i'm working one already: Shadows of the Horde. :)

Level 2
Hello its my first time posting here
I have played many many campaings around here but this one in special didnt appealed me :/
There are many many problems i'll try to list it
Please understand that this is my point of view

1- Bad grammar. Seriously Jaina most of the time sounds like a 15 year old girl instead of the powerful sorceress she is. Sure she is girl but she is serious !! Also some grammar errors (Dont mind mine because english is no my main language) and fast dialogue

2- Items passing throught chapters. This is frustating. Even more frustating is finish every chapter full itens only to know youre going to lose them next chapter

3- Overpowered alchemist. Rejuvenation + Healing Spray REALLY ?!? Combine that with the panda Monk and you'll get an immortal army

Level 23
Hello its my first time posting here
I have played many many campaings around here but this one in special didnt appealed me :/
There are many many problems i'll try to list it
Please understand that this is my point of view

1- Bad grammar. Seriously Jaina most of the time sounds like a 15 year old girl instead of the powerful sorceress she is. Sure she is girl but she is serious !! Also some grammar errors (Dont mind mine because english is no my main language) and fast dialogue

2- Items passing throught chapters. This is frustating. Even more frustating is finish every chapter full itens only to know youre going to lose them next chapter

3- Overpowered alchemist. Rejuvenation + Healing Spray REALLY ?!? Combine that with the panda Monk and you'll get an immortal army

The grammar has been fix already, the save/load just happen this 2 times(at least to me), and will be fix for the next version, i'm not sure about the Alchemist, maybe i change it, we'll see, thank you!

Level 1
Campaing is good 4\5
You have some bugs but its ok.
For me battle for theramore 30 min is ok.But l see you want to change something l thinnk about map on rexxar campaing battle for theramore why dont use that map.
In chapter 6 buildings of blood elves are black do you want to be black or have problem with textures.
In chapter 7 quest generator towers dont have range to attack my troops so l dont even need to destroy the generator increases range of towers to 1200 Sorry for my bad english.

Level 23
Campaing is good 4\5
You have some bugs but its ok.
For me battle for theramore 30 min is ok.But l see you want to change something l thinnk about map on rexxar campaing battle for theramore why dont use that map.
In chapter 6 buildings of blood elves are black do you want to be black or have problem with textures.
In chapter 7 quest generator towers dont have range to attack my troops so l dont even need to destroy the generator increases range of towers to 1200 Sorry for my bad english.

About the level of Theramore, it will be really different from this one xD

Chapter 6 building has this color because it's the same path of the Doodads that i used custom textures, so it's replaced.
LOL, i thought that i have changed, anyway, i will xD

Thank you!

Level 1
About the level of Theramore, it will be really different from this one xD

Chapter 6 building has this color because it's the same path of the Doodads that i used custom textures, so it's replaced.
LOL, i thought that i have changed, anyway, i will xD

Thank you!

In editor : combat- Acquistion Range 1200.00 change then will work and if you can to threw the destruction of the towers as in lord of outland blizzard map it will be great
About blood elf buildings you can fix that you only need to create new texture city structures and change name and set to models if you have war3 model editor.

Last edited:
Level 23
In editor : combat- Acquistion Range 1200.00 change then will work and if you can to threw the destruction of the towers as in lord of outland blizzard map it will be great
About blood elf buildings you can fix that you only need to create new texture city structures and change name and set to models if you have war3 model editor.

Okay, i will do this for the Towers, thanks for the advice xD
Hmm, i really don't know how to do it, i'm a newbie in skin and such. lol

Level 3
So do items and tomes not carry over from chapter to chapter? That seems pretty disappointing....

Seems to only happen from chapter 1 to 2. Weird.

Last edited:
Level 1
First of all, sorry for my english!
now... Where is the end dude?! just kidding, i can't wait to play the final chapters! very good campaing! i really enjoyed it. the only thing that i didn't like is the lack of custom items, also, the items that you are carring, don't appear in the next episode. oh and the wagon (i think that's the name of it, i mean the floating shiny wagon that can be used to heal and recover mana) it has a very slow mana recovering! it's like you can use it only one time! no more to say, i'll just be waiting for the next update!

Level 1
Can you please add the ability to skip Cut scenes. It is really annoying seeing everything again after you have just lost a hero or base.

Level 2
Hey Forsakie,there are 4 things I want to complain :
1)About the items : It lacks of items while playing the campaign (mostly in the final chapters,6 powerful item in total)
and lost obtained powerful item :
- Frost Orb : Ch.1 from Kirygosa
- Heart of the Harpy +10 Agi Ch.2 (I was 'bout to give it to Vereesa) :((
- Jaina's "Staff of Antonidas" lost in Dalaran chapter too
=> Item lost in chapters : 1 => 2 => 3 => 4 => 5 => 6
from 6 => 7 => 8 we can still keep our items (thank God)
but the ability and passive of "Healing Scepter" is quite big,I can even finish last chapter only with 3 heroes,by Healing Light of Lor'themar and Healing Scepter
2) About the spells of heroes :
+ Vereesa : don't you think the "Elven Art" skill of Vereesa is a little "useless" in the campaign ? The spell heals 200/300/400HP over 12s (half of the "Druid of the Claw" healing skill,sorry for forgotten its name) and costs even 100MP
and can even heal enemy unit if you unexpectedly click on it *lol*
=> if you compare to "Holy Light" of Paladin (Human),you can see that the skill heals 200/400/600HP IMMEDIATELY and cost ONLY 65MP
what a big mistake,I think you should reduce mana cost from 100 => 50
and cooldown reduce from 12s lv1 => 10s lv2 => 8-9s lv3 is better
+ Lor'themar : 1st skill quite close to Liadrin (Rise of the Blood Elves 2.1 of Tomoraider) but heal less 25HP lv3
=> I don't know if you "borrow" some of the ideas of Tomoraider or not :/
+ Jaina : Magic Flux - have no quick cast on keyboard,shame that I mastered it first and used it frequently :((
3) Add an "Arcane Vault" while establishing will help heroes buy orbs and healing items => reduce pressure of the chapter
4) You can let the characters lv up to 2 lvs in Ch.3 and Ch.4 'cuz your enemy heroes' level are too high for you,but dropped no powerful item though,and Ch.4 Aethas is too hard to skill,breaking through the Rangers is a big problem,but the Sunreaver is even harder

No offense but : You should work with Tomoraider if you want to improve your campaign,he made "Rise of the Blood Elves" and "Curse of the Forsaken" quite excellent ones,mostly RotBE,makes me even think Blizzard should add Blood Elves race *lol*

Level 23
Thanks for the feedback prodongthap1020!

1) I think you played a outdated version, it's works fine now, at least for me.
2) Well, it's true, i will rework her skill, thanks! Lor'themar spells will be changed in the next version, and why burrow? It's edit spells from Blizzard, and i used this spell in my maps long before he even made the version 2.0 of Rise of the Blood Elves. I will add hotkeys for the new version, i forget to add in this one, cause i don't use >:
3) The Kirin Tor won't have an Arcane Vault, but will have items what will be bought in Wagon.
4) This map has been reworked to the new version, it's really much fun now!

You might check out: Tides of War 2.0, and help with ideas, suggestion and such if you want! Thank you! :)

Level 1
Help me, please!

I can't find a way into the Thunder King's Lair. I ended up making lodes of arcane towers just to find the entrance. Can you please tell me where it is or make it easier to find! Great campaign but it could be more immersive if you fix your grammar.

Level 23
I can't find a way into the Thunder King's Lair. I ended up making lodes of arcane towers just to find the entrance. Can you please tell me where it is or make it easier to find! Great campaign but it could be more immersive if you fix your grammar.

First, you need to destroy the generator for pass through the towers, and then, you need to kill the beasts, and he is at north part of the map. This map will be better for the next version, more hints for it.

You must be playing the outdated version of the campaign, cause the grammar has been fixed already! :)

X59

X59

Level 3
I have to admit that I didn't get far in this campaign (only got to Ch 3, Pt. 2) due to the the pacing and flow of the story. When it comes down to it I view campaigns as stories being told and the fact that this story just doesn't seem to have enough build up between the Battle of Theramore to the Purge of Dalaran makes it feel way too fast, especially since they the Purge is basically after Theramore. Granted I know the sequence of events that occur but the transition didn't feel smooth and just ultimately felt rush. If it helps you basically think of me as one of the players who don't want to read outside material to see what's going on in the game because I feel that the outside material should be shown in the game. In fact I just realized that the Warcraft novels are the only exceptions I've made in regards to that policy......

Meanwhile some of the dialogue just came off as odd and really weird. For example Rhonin essentially tells Jaina that Aethas told the council that if they didn't support Jaina, then he will support the Horde and I'm left laughing in disbelief because according to Rhonin Aethas is saying "We can help Jaina defend Theramore or I'll help my Horde buddies destroy it."

Secondly Jaina herself confused me at one point because she tells Anduin that the Kirin Tor should be above the faction war and then in the next scene, she and Vereesa talk about how the blood elves are preventing the Kirin Tor from joining the Alliance. Which just made it hard to focus on the chapter because I'm felt confused out of mind on what exactly Jaina wants for herself and the Kirin Tor. Does she want them to be in the Alliance or above the faction war?

So I think it would be a good idea to just read aloud the text you've assigned to each character just to make sure that viewers won't get confused on what a character is saying or supposed to want. Meanwhile what I see is a pacing issue (other people could be fine with it) you could try fixing by expanding upon the cinematic between the Battle of Theramore and Ch 3 pt 1 by going into a bit more detail or you could add a map going over the capture of the Divine Bell by the Alliance, so there's some space that works between the two events.

Lastly I did find what I think is a bug during the Battle of Theramore. Near the end of the the Horde ended up pushing into the Theramore and when the time ended they vanished but during the end scene of the chapter I could hear the sounds of Theramore forces and the Horde invaders fighting. I specifically remember the sounds of the Tauren death cry during the initial end dialogue, the fighting didn't last all that long.... I think maybe about 20 seconds to a minute in total.

Level 3
There is a lot of grammar mistakes during the campaign. When i press ESC to skip the cinematic - it works. But the problem is - You can press ESC 1000 times and it will look like you skipped cinematic even in the ending of a chapter (chapter 1 try). This creates a whole lot of quest in F9 (same quests repeating many times). It is good but needs some reworking. Try to get some1 who knows English preety well so they can help you. 4/5 for now.

Level 4
Probability not, i have others things in mind xD

i like your campaign but one thins is that i miss is, are the items : / not much of them ingame or atleast tomes . the items you get with Kalec you dont have them anymore in later chapters : / but :thumbs_up: for good campaigne

Level 3
My review: Just chapter 1,2,3 and 4

Chapter 1
Good: Nice terrain and nice models for dragonspawn especially the new one (forgot the name)

Bad:When I skip cinematic it made me double mission which is kinda weird. :/

Chapter 2
Good:Really like the battles and I can train units to defend the tower.

Bad: It gets really hard when the shamans summon a lot of lava elemantal which makes it a bit harder.

Chapter 3 Part 1
Good:Really easy but fun and I can play Tyrande, my favorite character

Bad: Really fast game. (only that ) :)

Chapter 3: Part 2
Good:I like the arcane disruptor's model and releasing other units.

Bad:Really difficult to play. So many enemy attacking me and I need to Defend my base while attacking.

Chapter 4
Good:Nice Gameplay and easy to claim the base.

Bad:REALLY LONG MISSION which makes mi a bit bored to play it.

That's all.

Later for the other maps. :))

Level 2
really need rework on Varian Wrynn
his face has a scar,and looks "beast-like" while this one is "Arthas-like"
Love mode of Lor'themar,but he's better as a strength-built heroes :))

Level 3
Ok here is my review part 2 :)

Chapter 5 Allies in the shadows

Good: I like the model of Taran zu and a really fun game!

Bad: Why did you name it Ranger? (The one in the horse) You could do it like Horse rider or something.

Chapter 6

Good: Really love the gameplay. I felt a bit suprised when the mogu lightning mage trapped me.

Bad: you should fix the bridge so i can cross it when i die so i can go to the other side.

Chapter 7 A Lesson for the master

Good: Really nice. The nodel for the sha of pride is a bit scary to me. :)

Bad: Nothing bad :)

Overall 5/5 :))) Really nice campaign.

I'll be waiting for tides of war 2.0 :)))))))