• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tides of War 2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Tides of War 2.0 (Campaign)

Reviews
Removed from public temporarily on authors request. 13:04, 8th Apr 2014 Orcnet: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2509354-post31.html

What do you think of my campaign?

• 1/5 Worst thing ever!

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • 2/5 More or less.

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • 3/5 Totally ok.

Votes: 43 10.6%
  • 4/5 It's pretty good

Votes: 104 25.6%
  • 5/5 I love it!

Votes: 238 58.6%

• Total voters
Level 13
Ok so I played some of the maps and here are some problems I found.
In some cinematics units pass through things, like a gate or such.
Some grammar errors here and there.
At the first mission in that Necropolis, i got stuck at the second gate,because i couldn't really see that lever, how about you make it a bit more obvious? xD
Also in the Mission where i have to protect the city, I had a REALLY close call!
The dificulty spike suddenly jumps, when units start to come from the left.
Thats how much I played now, Il continue and point out more bugs and things that could do with a tweak.

Level 23
Hi forsaken,
Thank you for still supporting war3 custom campaigns by contributing this. Now that there are fewer and fewer campaigns coming out it makes me appreciate new makers like you all that much more!

Thanks again :) Many people here are proud of you!

Level 23
@Forsaken: Congrats to your release of your map!!!

If i found time I'll test it and give yu a feedback.

Thanks! Can wait to see your feedback xD

Ok so I played some of the maps and here are some problems I found.
In some cinematics units pass through things, like a gate or such.
Some grammar errors here and there.
At the first mission in that Necropolis, i got stuck at the second gate,because i couldn't really see that lever, how about you make it a bit more obvious? xD
Also in the Mission where i have to protect the city, I had a REALLY close call!
The dificulty spike suddenly jumps, when units start to come from the left.
Thats how much I played now, Il continue and point out more bugs and things that could do with a tweak.

Thanks for the feedback!
I don't know, i like the way to put some levers around, for me it isn't to hard to find lol
And for Theramore's Chapter; for me is pretty fine, the map has 3 AI for helps the player.

Hi forsaken,
Thank you for still supporting war3 custom campaigns by contributing this. Now that there are fewer and fewer campaigns coming out it makes me appreciate new makers like you all that much more!

Thanks again :) Many people here are proud of you!

Wow thanks for such praise xD

I got a lil problem , When Kalegcos reach lvl 6 the pic of his frost strike is flame strike and when i learned it,it change . (not a big deal)

I will fix it soon as possible, thanks!

Well, Forsaken it would appear that due to some of the icons you've used in your project I can't play this campaign, but, I really want to.

So if you could give me a list/link to all the icons you've used I'll try and make them Mac compatible. They'll be in .tga format but there shouldn't be any other change.

Level 23
Well, Forsaken it would appear that due to some of the icons you've used in your project I can't play this campaign, but, I really want to.

So if you could give me a list/link to all the icons you've used I'll try and make them Mac compatible. They'll be in .tga format but there shouldn't be any other change.

Oh, it will be so difficult, because i don't remember when i got the icons,and some of them was made by request, or edited by me.

Level 1
I have waited so long for this gonna try it later.. played your maps earlier I think this one will be great.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Yes you can. That's the whole point of a review. Go ahead Dalvengyr.
yup, you know what is that inside my mind :p

okay here we go...

I'm disappointed with the result!!
:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:
not really.. because I'm not following the developement history of this project from beginning, but for a great big project like this, I expect so much better result.. I admit I'm lol'ed at the first cinematic because of that stupid Jaina and it's looks promising.. But at the ending of the cinematic, everything's messed up, the dialog ended too fast, about 1 second to read more than 10 words.. You must be joking there.. Despite the game is in "beta" stage maybe.. I can accept that..

But then, I was entering chapter 1 and to be honest, I will say this with rage: I'm disappointed enough with the gameplay :ogre_rage::ogre_rage:
the terrain is so flat, and that godly ice dragon trully doesn't fit to be a "weak" companion!! I don't see something special in the combat.. I don't know about the next chapter, but after I destroyed the first undead building, I rage quit..

Sorry, don't get pissed.. I'm just trying to be honest.. :grin:
I said everything with rage because, I'm disappointed..

@moderator:
I will report if you keep accepting resource based on other people's short review..
it's okay to consider other's opinion, and take it sometimes, but you have just selected a bad one..

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm stopped in chapter 1 when control Kalecgos go to Necropolis (pink circle) again. He can not move out and go to the Outport :cry:

Can you make a door for him to go out?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
Level 23
Forsaken, i didn't really notice this, there's no defeat condition in Chapter 2, Tracing Hope, I got a little mad in killing the quilboars, i was killed first and i thought he can be revive, but not. Its just, nothing happened

Wow, i always forget the defeat conditions lol
Thanks!

I'm chapter four now, you get to build stuff finally, but I personally think that there could be some map before to get somehow accustomed to it, now you are totally overwhelmed with two bases figuring out what does each thing do.

I have tried, but i don't find a better way to do it. :(

Maybe I'm playing an outdated version, but tooltips don't match building's name.

I will fix it, thanks!

Level 31
APproject's review on Tides of War v1.0

Intro:

I tried to wait until the very first update, yet it seems you do not rush with it so I decided to review first release of this map. I will be honest and objective hiding nothing what's on my mind what concerns this project. Since this project is so elevated by the community, I might demand from it more than from usual map around Hive, more of technical points may be revealed. I tried playing bata version time ago and I honestly wasn't impressed by anything, didn't play much though so I can not state much. Points below may apply to other chapters as I avoid repeating much.

Points worth mentioning:

1. I couldn't see version anywhere written. Usually it is in front of the name of the map or campaign.
2. Campaign's descriptions tells nothing, it could be more about what is this campaign about, perhaps you could mention Jaina and book of Tides of War, it could be more informative indeed.
3. The preview image of this campaign is obviously a 128x128 picture and it looks so blurry I can barely read your name there. I suggest you using 256x256 type of image for better quality since it is a campaign and it doesn't care about file size.

Prologue: Winds of War

4. Loading screen description has some obvious grammar mistakes, also one line is cut off by pressing Enter without any reason I assume.
5. Ok, here it is the very first sight of entire campaign and it gets ruined by this landscape. Since it is just a beginning, it plays an important role in doing first impression so I guess it should be fixed. I see an edge of the map which is really ugly, it just gets cut. It should be covered with fog and not visible for the sake of looks.

d8drwCl.png

6. Some of the transmissions runs by too quickly and are almost impossible to read.
7. Camera angles during converation are almost all the same, all I see are two small figures and sand. More of landscape could be shown. But I suppose players should be busy reading the text.
8. Voice acting would be a great addition to this, even though it would require a ton of effort to deal with it considering there are so many transmissions.

Chapter One: Frozen Heart

9. Loading screen description was not clear to me, I didn't get it what it tried to tell me nor what is chapter one about. It could be expanded since there are so much space for the text, optional though.
10. Custom music? It would be nice to hear some at least of World of Warcraft ambience tracks instead of Warcraft 3 regular ones that irritate even more when years pass by.
11. First impression on the abilities is truly poor. Most are basic ones almost without basic change that takes a minute or two to make and add it to the unit / hero.
12. Blue Dragonspawn Warrior's feet placed outside its selection scale, it should be slightly increased.
13. Kirygosa and some guardian has an identical active spell? Hero should be better at this, right?
14. Terrain and environment art is common and regular, nothing impressive about it, yet it is decent and can be called acceptable, but nothing of good.
15. Fountain of Life quest emerged from nothing, just by killing creeps. How do I get noticed with the existance of that fountain in any logical way? Also its description is barely intelligible.
16. Kalecgo's Blue Song spell is out of order in my opinion because it affect nearby units and most of the attackers are melee, yet Kalecgos is ranged meaning once I use the spell I must make sure Kalecgos is nearby melee attackers.
17. It says I must find the fountain of life yet its true name is the fountain of health.
18. It seems items also didn't have much modification and majority of them are standard items. It saved you a lot of time, but it is rather simple and not that attractive.
19. Heroes seem to have a very small range of target acquiring, because many times Warriors are advancing further when heroes stays in the back doing nothing and waiting, they don't go with Warriors due to disbalance of their attacking range and target acquiring range.
20. When cinematic of killed Warriors ends, cinematic mode is off yet camera movement of cinematic stays for few seconds, it should be reset immediately.
21. After Dragon Warriors conematic new quest requirement appears, but it is too long to be read and a peace of it is being cut off by the window.
22. Necromancer started speaking once approached but I saw new text appearing nor sound.
23. The Lich boss was really easy to kill, it showed no resistence at all.
24. I don't think you would need to see the score table of this chapter after victory.
25. And what is gold for? In chapter two it all gets reset.

Chapter Two: Trace of Hope

26. Yet again the loading screen description was not in best shape. It is very poor, could be expanded since this campaign has a decent storyline taken from books.
27. I am presented with a hint only and no quest objectives. The hint itself should be a quest, because now it looks like there are no objectives at all.
28. Since this is a campaign, it would be nice to maintain items that were collected in previous map, now it looks like starting all over again.
29. Defeat condition is missing.
30. Woah, it is really hard to kill that big Boar, I had to run away and heal two times and finally dragged it to the post and towers killed it. Harpy Queen was much easier than that Boar.
31. After loading a saved game I noticed these spells below have their X; Y positions confused because it keeps changing its places after reloading the game.

DdAPfXH.png

32. After killing Harpy, dialogue continued, but I saw no text again.
33. Sight range is so small especially during night and it is SO annoying.
34. Another dialogue with Arch-Mage absent text.
35. I saw an orc base, but chapter ended without puting it to use.

Interlude: Misconceptions

36. Some spelling mistakes in the dialogues.
37. Night shifted to day and it suddenly became bright in the building, you might want to avoid that for better looks.
38. It is really exhausting to read that much text when it shifts so rapidly.
39. Chapter Three: Fall of Theramore in the loading screen says Chapter Two.
40. Chapter Three has custom music, that nice, yet previous ones does not at all.

Summary:

I stopped when Chapter Three started, because I feel quite tired now. I may continue if mostly needed. Overally I am not really impressed by this campaign like so many people are. I guess they like the storyline, because in my opinion the storyline, text writing and cinematics took most of effort, since all the rest is not too impressive as people see it, perhaps it is for them. Campaign is functional and works fine, it has its charm on the storyline, yet it would be more appreciated if it was not taken from books, but from your own imagination. I feel like this campagin may deserve a rating of 4/5, but not yet, it needs more polishing. You should get on this campaign and improve it if you want it at better state or you can just keep working on your upcoming one avoiding the same mistakes. Taking the overall quality of this campaign into consideration as well as how elevated it is, right now I strongly rate it 3/5 (Acceptable), yet it has a lot of room for improvement for the rating of 4/5, yet I doubt if it can get 5/5 if being honest, yet it has 5/5, though I would hold it a little bit misleading rating. Orcnet should have checked it by himself. It certainly has a lot of work in it, but I just don't feel it is worth bigger rating right now. Afterall, it is just me.

Last edited:
Level 1
I really love the Campaign you made. But in the ending Interlude, to be continued??
I 'm really anxious to see what happens next. Are you gonna update the campaign adding more chapters to play?

Level 13
Well,

i can only give you 2/5. I played only the first chapter and my result is for that part!

Terrain: 2/5
Gameplay:1/5 ( not enough action for... i get bored very fast and as i died and started it again i had to watch the cinematic again and again and again. ESC should stop that and start playing.
Bugs: Not found
Long time Motivation: No, but i be honest, im not the Campaign Player only if the campaign is very very exciting!

GL with the project.

Level 1
I liked it. The problem was that the dialogues were too fast! I've never read "Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War"; I slightly understood the content and all that, but when it came to cinematic dialogues - I felt really dizzy. I couldn't even read half of the sentence, for it will change to another person to talk.

Overall, it was enjoyable!

Level 1
i just try some first chapper but i think it shall be good.. however i think it shall much better if u can take the void from world of warcraft character, it should be great and make we have the felling the character is new and much real. it is just what i think and forgive me for my poor english

Level 23
Sorry for the late reply!

@APproject Thanks for the feedback, i will improve most of this things.

I really love the Campaign you made. But in the ending Interlude, to be continued??
I 'm really anxious to see what happens next. Are you gonna update the campaign adding more chapters to play?

Thanks, i'm glad that you liked, and yes, the campaign will have a sequal:Shadows of the Horde!

Well,

i can only give you 2/5. I played only the first chapter and my result is for that part!

Terrain: 2/5
Gameplay:1/5 ( not enough action for... i get bored very fast and as i died and started it again i had to watch the cinematic again and again and again. ESC should stop that and start playing.
Bugs: Not found
Long time Motivation: No, but i be honest, im not the Campaign Player only if the campaign is very very exciting!

GL with the project.

You should play just a bit more, i must admit, the first two chapters is a bit "stopped" of action, but it's more for storyline then the gameplay itself. But anyway, thanks for the good luck :)

nice campaingn

A Good Campaign Forsaken :)

Rate: 5/5
Story: 5/5
Total: 10/10

I Like this Campaign. it,s Good Story. All it,s good :)

//Lord Simon

I liked it. The problem was that the dialogues were too fast! I've never read "Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War"; I slightly understood the content and all that, but when it came to cinematic dialogues - I felt really dizzy. I couldn't even read half of the sentence, for it will change to another person to talk.

Overall, it was enjoyable!

Nice but still be continued so when u finish the whole stuff
Rating:5/5
Bugs:Frost Strike icon and Chapter 2 write Allience in the loading screen
Suggestion:U should make the items in Chapter 1 load to the second chapter

Thanks! I'm glad that you liked :)

i just try some first chapper but i think it shall be good.. however i think it shall much better if u can take the void from world of warcraft character, it should be great and make we have the felling the character is new and much real. it is just what i think and forgive me for my poor english

Thanks, and i think not, i like the current voices of the characters. :)

---

And about the save/load, i don't know why this happen, all the time that i played, works fine to me, but i will try to see what can cause such thing.

Level 23
The Campaign in quite cool! :)
But when the Pandarians comes in, its a bug there.
The Pandarian Warriors or something. You havent imported the model correctly so its just a black shadow. And that was quite annoying.

Or else 4/5 from me.

Thanks, and about the Pandaren Warriors, i don't know why this happen, but just happen to you lol.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Thanks, and about the Pandaren Warriors, i don't know why this happen, but just happen to you lol.
you should confirm bug report properly, you always said: it did not happen to me
but the fact, users found it bugged

maybe saying something like: okay, thanks for the report, I will fix it soon
is more proper eventhough you dont find the bug

and if you dont find it, just try the action for many times until you are really sure there is no bug.
because repeated bug report is not cool, professionalism sake.

Level 23
you should confirm bug report properly, you always said: it did not happen to me
but the fact, users found it bugged

maybe saying something like: okay, thanks for the report, I will fix it soon
is more proper eventhough you dont find the bug

and if you dont find it, just try the action for many times until you are really sure there is no bug.
because repeated bug report is not cool, professionalism sake.

I have said, "just happen to you lol", so i have asked for some friends who played the campaign, and they said that the model works fine, and so, i reply him telling that i don't know what cause that. Be sure in the next time that you come to criticizing me! (Sorry if i be rude, but is the truth what i said)

Level 23
how if your friends didn't really put attention on that model?

just reply them properly, but then it's up to you want to find/fix it or not :grin:

and why that signature >.>

They did, i have certainly of this, half of the Army are Pandarens warriors...
But anyway, this should be some incompatibility in his computer. Or something of this type. I have no idea if is something out this.

And about the Signature, i like things like this lol

Level 16
I downloaded it, but don't have the necessary free time to review and play it now, perhaps in a month or so.
The things I noticed on the first map though, is a fabulous environment and landscape, creative storyline, good model choices. And judging from the screenshots, I'd say this campaign is very decent looking. Though what bothers me is the lacking dialogue/grammar :(. I'd appreciate it if you consider changing it to something.. 'better'. Perhaps someone else could help you with that.
I for one would gladly volunteer, if you're interested just send me the text you use in the whole campaign in a .txt or .word document. I'll 'adapt' it in a fancier way. (Not necessarily me, you could ask anyone else, it's just a shame to see such a great campaign not have great dialogues, in my opinion ^_^).
And as to all you modders, thank you for the hard work and contribution, expect a review after a while. :3

We all know the bigger breasts the more mana woman has. And that is just a makeup that is being washed by the rain, you can't kill orcs without a makeup, right? :ogre_hurrhurr:
Well that was totally out of subject.
Well then, you can include there all WC females:wink:
---------------
I guess the orcs would be so seduced by that, that they would be shocked to see her in rage against them:))))))