• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Threads of Fate OPENING

Reactions: deepstrasz
Updated! New preview pic (the old one is for another map) and lower file size!

A cinematic about a man who can see otherworldly creatures...

This is an opening, that's why it's short :p

Enjoy...

Credit:
-KingB00ker
-The Ultimate Terraining Map
-General Frank
-Tenebrae
-Kitabatake

Screen Shots:

Keywords:
fate, cinematic, movie, battle, ghost, fight, fighting, demon, devil
Contents

Threads of Fate OPENING (Map)

Reviews
19:15, 23rd Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
Just as a suggestion : add a screen-shot, it might convince more people into downloading it. Cheers!

- Edit : Thanks for adding the screen-shots! I'm gonna watch the cinematic now! ^^

Last edited:
Level 1
KingB00ker , this Opening is really promising! I can't wait to see what else you have in mind, but one thing's for sure : this story must go on!
Favorite lines : "lol, I over-killed them!" and "This is what they call "gang-bang" in human language" XD!
Nice story , good effects , great models (Jorn and Tojara) - Rating 4/5 - Voting for Approval!

+Rep for the entertainment value!

Level 10
KingB00ker , this Opening is really promising! I can't wait to see what else you have in mind, but one thing's for sure : this story must go on!
Favorite lines : "lol, I over-killed them!" and "This is what they call "gang-bang" in human language" XD!
Nice story , good effects , great models (Jorn and Tojara) - Rating 4/5 - Voting for Approval!

+Rep for the entertainment value!

Thx. Rep for you too.

Oh btw, I'll appreciate you more if you rate it lol. :p (I mean click and hover)

Level 15
Heres my review btw;

Terrain was rather Meh. Many places were not even terrained, and such. Also you could see the end of the world couple of times. You shuold also have used the whole map for terraining.

Music was rather nice indeed. Sound effects were well used aswell.

Story was okay I guess. Some things were abit too unspontanious. The battle was a bit too short, and I really knew that the turtle would be the one saving them.

Effects were awsome. Very well done on many points.

Overall I think it's okay, I give it a rating of 3/5.

Level 5
no music :(? or maybe i need to reload warcraft... i will relook at it then

i also wish i could host this on bnet and you added some player slots

Level 4
Ok. I will give you the good news first:

Some cool fighting effects.

The fight with the elf reminded me of Luke and Darth vader vs The Emperor in Return of the Jedi

It works.

And:

There was almost no character development, I know its an intro, but at this stage the characters aren't very interesting at all.

You have large continuity errors.

You have also get some kinda of weird water effect going on. ie: There are wave effects in the air. This is probably caused by the bright yellow light.

Also you have got quite a lot of grammar errors.

I will give it a 3 for now.

Level 2
Fights are to easy? maybe you should make some of them a challenge instead of them just over-killing everything?

Other than that nice effects, good models, good lines :) lol, I over-killed them!

Level 10
Ok. I will give you the good news first:

Some cool fighting effects.

The fight with the elf reminded me of Luke and Darth vader vs The Emperor in Return of the Jedi

It works.

And:

There was almost no character development, I know its an intro, but at this stage the characters aren't very interesting at all.

You have large continuity errors.

You have also get some kinda of weird water effect going on. ie: There are wave effects in the air. This is probably caused by the bright yellow light.

Also you have got quite a lot of grammar errors.

I will give it a 3 for now.

Oh thanks for your comment. :wink:

Yes, as you've said. It's an intro so I won't develop the characters in this chapter. I'll develop it later as the story continues :cool:

The weird water effect is there because I made it from waterfall, but when I rotate it, the particles didn't move (maybe I need some help)

lol, yes I realise many grammar errors, but I'm too lazy to fix it. :gg:

Heres my review btw;

Terrain was rather Meh. Many places were not even terrained, and such. Also you could see the end of the world couple of times. You shuold also have used the whole map for terraining.

Music was rather nice indeed. Sound effects were well used aswell.

Story was okay I guess. Some things were abit too unspontanious. The battle was a bit too short, and I really knew that the turtle would be the one saving them.

Effects were awsome. Very well done on many points.

Overall I think it's okay, I give it a rating of 3/5.

Yes I made it in one day, lol. So the terrain is meh.
I know the empty one is when Jorn kills the first harpy. :wink:

It's an intro so the battle is short, I'll make longer battle in the next chapter.

Thx for your comment :xxd: