• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The threads of fate

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
「The threads of fate」

By nigromante2012

Gameplay
[tr]
The kingdom Theramore is at peace again, the forces of Thrall had retired the island, and had returned Jaina her leadership in Theramore, But that tranquility It was threatened.

Screenshots
[tr]
231591-albums7028-picture78312.jpg

231591-albums7028-picture77930.jpg

231591-albums7028-picture77929.jpg

231591-albums7028-picture77931.jpg

Credits
[tr]
Tester:
Ranger87;

Support:
leo_et;
efer666;
user666;

Changelog
[tr]
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Jaina, Campaing Jaina, jaina proudmoore , proudmoore, campaing jaina proudmoore, Theramore
Contents

The threads of fate (Campaign)

Reviews
01:52, 20th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: Map awaiting update and rated 2/5. See my review here: Review If you need a review once again, please VM/PM me but preferable PM. Orcnet: where are the changes?

M

01:52, 20th Jan 2014
Hell_Master: Map awaiting update and rated 2/5. See my review here: Review

If you need a review once again, please VM/PM me but preferable PM.

Orcnet: where are the changes?

Level 10
By your description, I can guess you also have some English mistakes on your campaign too. So... You better fix that. From seeing your screenshots, it seems that terrain seems okay. But terrain is improvable. When the priest was walking, I didn't see any road, made of gravel or stone, you know. It can be improved. Fix the things that I noted and I think you'll be ship-shape and ready to go with this campaign.

Level 7
By your description, I can guess you also have some English mistakes on your campaign too. So... You better fix that. From seeing your screenshots, it seems that terrain seems okay. But terrain is improvable. When the priest was walking, I didn't see any road, made of gravel or stone, you know. It can be improved. Fix the things that I noted and I think you'll be ship-shape and ready to go with this campaign.

thank you, you can send me a screenshot to see what of the road? .. My English is not very good :ap:

When i first opened it, it looked empty and the terrain is sometimes flat, too steep or spiky! All those element add to this campaigns unnatural look:(( Plus that u included protoss elements. That's bad for me! The grammatical errors can be overlooked but giant thresher maws.....come on! Anyway must be fixed (don't be disappointed by this; just try again!)

Last edited:
Level 21
Quite bad. I stopped at level 2 because I got tired and lost. The preview image doesn't work, it's black! Anyway, here is my review:-

STARTING CINEMATIC
- Very flat and empty terrain. I didn't really like it at all
- Many dialogue mistakes
- The cinematic was laggy (my pc is fast so this is not the fault of the computer)

- However, the meditation room was very very cool

LEVEL 1:-
- The terrain was spammed with any kind of doodad and looked really really awful. Also, the city was unlookable
- Too many dialogue mistakes
- A speech of the Courier was in Spanish, the one when he and Jaina reach the city and enter it
- Can't understand why the Courier isn't under my control. Better to have control on him (I've been able to do so by resurrecting with a rune a "Wraith" and possessing the Courier who was already possessed by a "Ghost".
- Quests and loading screen lack of good description
- Same description for the 4 abilities
- The Protoss Cannon is a kind of futuristic thing while everything occurs in the past where such advanced technologies were not made yet. Re==You should replace it with something else, perhaps a giant fireball striking with deadly firebolts?
- When the final cinematic started, I still had the "nuke alert" sound. It should stop immediately
- Some abilities are just copy/pasted. E.g Firebolt, Flare (which is Flame Strike) Blizzard and Nova Ice (which is Frost Nova) ... Not even a change in the icon to let them look attractive

- The ability "Stop Time" is very great. The only ability I really appreciated
- Nice that at night I have fire abilities and at day I have icy ones, though you had to write in the ability description of "Element" and "Fire or Ice" that this occurs
- An enterable building. A very unique and awesome idea
- Appropriate use of items
- Very cool background image for the campaign

LEVEL 2:-
- Sharp edges on the cliffs and they were very flat so looked terrible
- Terrain was empty. The desert lacked of tile variation and of doodads
- Some spanish messages
- Skip commands do not work efficiently in some cinematics
- The army was really disordered, just some soldiers clumped in clusters. That's not how an army would behave
- Your English skills are poor and this can be clearly seen in your cheap dialogues. I couldn't comprehend some speeches. Your dialogue lacks both of proper grammar and of mature vocabulary
- Bad idea of preventing players from using cheats. Why do you think cheats were made? For people who cannot pass a level or got stuck in a certain point. I use "whosyourdaddy" and "iseedeadpeople" when I test a campaign and lose the first time (just to finish the campaign as soon as possible, not because I am too lazy to restart) Do not hinder players from using cheats
- The ability "Stop Time" has the description of Thunder Clap when I come to learn it
- Quests are not informative enough. What's this? "Destroy the base of the Atlanteans" or something like that in the 2nd quest. Couldn't understand what exactly I had to destroy. Do I know what is the "base of Atlanteans" (don't remember its spelling well) Then, a message said "Escape from the monster". What the hell? I couldn't complete the level for this reason

Only one semi-good point. The terrain inside the spider's cave was fine. Not good and not bad

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Replace the Protoss Cannon with something less futuristic
- Make the Courier controllable
- Find someone that might correct your dialogue
- Translate the speeches and messages in Spanish to English
- Your terrain is too flat. Cliffs have too sharp edges. Smoothen cliffs and raise/lower the terrain. Use more tile variation and NEVER LEAVE a large area in your terrain with one tile only. It's really ugly
- More informative quests
- Longer description to the abilities. Giving 1 description to all abilities is a very terrible idea
- More custom icons and make original abilities, not just modifying the description of common ones

Couldn't reach the final chapter as I got tired of roaming around the 2nd level. To conclude, I give this 2/5 and until updates aren't made, I vote for REJECTION! :vw_sad: :csad:

Level 7
Quite bad. I stopped at level 2 because I got tired and lost. The preview image doesn't work, it's black! Anyway, here is my review:-

STARTING CINEMATIC
- Very flat and empty terrain. I didn't really like it at all
- Many dialogue mistakes
- The cinematic was laggy (my pc is fast so this is not the fault of the computer)

- However, the meditation room was very very cool

LEVEL 1:-
- The terrain was spammed with any kind of doodad and looked really really awful. Also, the city was unlookable
- Too many dialogue mistakes
- A speech of the Courier was in Spanish, the one when he and Jaina reach the city and enter it
- Can't understand why the Courier isn't under my control. Better to have control on him (I've been able to do so by resurrecting with a rune a "Wraith" and possessing the Courier who was already possessed by a "Ghost".
- Quests and loading screen lack of good description
- Same description for the 4 abilities
- The Protoss Cannon is a kind of futuristic thing while everything occurs in the past where such advanced technologies were not made yet. Re==You should replace it with something else, perhaps a giant fireball striking with deadly firebolts?
- When the final cinematic started, I still had the "nuke alert" sound. It should stop immediately
- Some abilities are just copy/pasted. E.g Firebolt, Flare (which is Flame Strike) Blizzard and Nova Ice (which is Frost Nova) ... Not even a change in the icon to let them look attractive

- The ability "Stop Time" is very great. The only ability I really appreciated
- Nice that at night I have fire abilities and at day I have icy ones, though you had to write in the ability description of "Element" and "Fire or Ice" that this occurs
- An enterable building. A very unique and awesome idea
- Appropriate use of items
- Very cool background image for the campaign

LEVEL 2:-
- Sharp edges on the cliffs and they were very flat so looked terrible
- Terrain was empty. The desert lacked of tile variation and of doodads
- Some spanish messages
- Skip commands do not work efficiently in some cinematics
- The army was really disordered, just some soldiers clumped in clusters. That's not how an army would behave
- Your English skills are poor and this can be clearly seen in your cheap dialogues. I couldn't comprehend some speeches. Your dialogue lacks both of proper grammar and of mature vocabulary
- Bad idea of preventing players from using cheats. Why do you think cheats were made? For people who cannot pass a level or got stuck in a certain point. I use "whosyourdaddy" and "iseedeadpeople" when I test a campaign and lose the first time (just to finish the campaign as soon as possible, not because I am too lazy to restart) Do not hinder players from using cheats
- The ability "Stop Time" has the description of Thunder Clap when I come to learn it
- Quests are not informative enough. What's this? "Destroy the base of the Atlanteans" or something like that in the 2nd quest. Couldn't understand what exactly I had to destroy. Do I know what is the "base of Atlanteans" (don't remember its spelling well) Then, a message said "Escape from the monster". What the hell? I couldn't complete the level for this reason

Only one semi-good point. The terrain inside the spider's cave was fine. Not good and not bad

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Replace the Protoss Cannon with something less futuristic
- Make the Courier controllable
- Find someone that might correct your dialogue
- Translate the speeches and messages in Spanish to English
- Your terrain is too flat. Cliffs have too sharp edges. Smoothen cliffs and raise/lower the terrain. Use more tile variation and NEVER LEAVE a large area in your terrain with one tile only. It's really ugly
- More informative quests
- Longer description to the abilities. Giving 1 description to all abilities is a very terrible idea
- More custom icons and make original abilities, not just modifying the description of common ones

Couldn't reach the final chapter as I got tired of roaming around the 2nd level. To conclude, I give this 2/5 and until updates aren't made, I vote for REJECTION! :vw_sad: :csad:

thanks for your comments, I will take into account, as I said before my english is bad, a good translator to recommend me?, the dialogs i will improve and I'll upload again campaign:vw_death:

Level 30
Played the Campaign and got to finish Chapter 1,2, X and 3.

Now on to the main point,

The map actually can be great if most of the grammar mistakes would be fixed. Most of your grammar mistakes consists of wrong usage of words and connectors. What's weird is that your grammar sometimes is good or decent but also it changes to being bad. There are also many parts where your texts are in a different language, that should be fixed. You really need someone to help you here because it can greatly affect your campaign in cases of telling stories and dialogues.

The terrain for all chapters including the Level X is quite good. Sometimes, your terrain is quite empty and flat but there are also times where it is very detailed, has good tile variations and has ground variations as well. I really liked the terrain at Level X. It's pretty much well-done and the lighting is great. But there are also times that you spammed doodads and destructibles so much like the grasses in the Chapter 1. Even the roads were bombarded with too much grasses.

Jaina's spells are quite the standard Warcraft 3 spells with some name changed and field changes though what makes it unique is that the spell change each time frame. But I don't like how the spell changes when in Night, it is Fire and Day, ice. Day should be the reverse because most fire spells can be gained through the power of the sun and ice should be in Night. Also, your healer at Chapter 1 could also use some more spells. Overall, most can use some customized spells rather than standard ones.

There is also a bug in Chapter 1 regarding the cinematic in the end. After talking with a pries of some sort and engaging to battle with the Dune Worm, the screen turned black and nothing happened. The only way out is to press ESC to end cinematic. I think this is an impractical way and should be fixed in the triggers.

Suggestions:
-Terrain at some points looks empty, flat and has no variations. You should give some attention in it. There are also some parts that the terrain was spammed or overused with much doodads.
-There is a bug in the cinematic at Chapter 1 where the screen turns black and the only way out is pressing ESC and ending the cinematic. This is quite impractical and should be fixed.
-Instead of Fire = Night and Ice = Day, should be Fire = Day and Ice = Night.
-Most spells can be improved by making them into a whole new spell but this is just optional because I do know that you would like to stay true and original to the game.
-Game looks unfinished due to that you can't enter the Waygate at Chapter 4 which is after the X level.
-Too many grammar mistakes at game. This demands some attention from you and if you every hired a member to fix this grammatical errors, that would be much better.

Overall, this game is decent though could be much better if the grammatical errors would be fixed and also the issue about the cinematic at Chapter 1 which does not end and still needs to press ESC for it to end. Those are your major problems here and others are quite minor.

Rated 2/5 and Awaiting Update.

Last edited:
Level 21
I downloaded the updated version and I found Level X really really cool and its terrain was very well done! HOWEVER, I reached the underground cave inside Level X and I couldn't finish it! I reached the Way Gate and then nothing! I kept clicking on the Way Gate and still nothing happened so I was stuck :/ There wasn't even a quest that could tell me what to do. Also, I found in there a completely spanish cinematic. Luckily, I am half Italian so I understood everything but I doubt other users will do. Fix that!
Until now, my rating remains as it is. New good points as well as new bad points. Awaiting another update.