• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thrall_on_foot, Battle Thrall, Raging Thrall,

This is thrall when he get's pissed, He climbs down his nice high wolf and goes medieval in your ass.

Works well in-game, I don't know why some random geos appear in the 3D viewer.

Update: fixed the side wrapping and the random appearing geosets

Update: Added new stand anim and fix the random appearining geosets.
enjoy

Update: Changed the left hand weapon to an axe.

Update: Waist size reduced. re-wrap the legs.

Update: Reduced file size from 130.33kb to 94kb. Merged the portrait and the actual model. Correct the walk anim. Modify the crotch wrapping, with a li'l tweak and turn.

Update: Crotch team color removed. Rescaled to head, making it a tad larger to fit the body mass. Fixed the flickering stand 1 anim.

Update: fixed the Attack slam anim, moved the head back a li'l.

I've updated it. I wonder why it hasn't changed in the 3D viewer.

Keywords:
Thrall on foot, Battle Thrall,
Contents

Thrall_on_foot, Battle Thrall, Raging Thrall, (Model)

Reviews
18:38, 16th Apr 2015 MiniMage: This actually isn't that bad. Work on the legs and the waist and improve the wrap and I'll approve this. 11:00, 16th Apr 2015 MiniMage: Useful.

M

18:38, 16th Apr 2015
MiniMage: This actually isn't that bad. Work on the legs and the waist and improve the wrap and I'll approve this.

11:00, 16th Apr 2015
MiniMage: Useful.

Level 9
The blue thingy shows only in the new viewer. I suspect it has something to do with the mountain king's avatar mode. The best thrall on foot model so far but I think giving him an axe and a hammer instead of two hammers would be better >.<

I think the Axe might be a give away. I don't know, lets just hear from the rest of the commenters. Any Idea on how to remove that blue thingy. It doesn't appear ingame.

Thanks, for the compliment, btw.

Level 25
For lore reasons, I don't really like him dual wielding hammers, or, well, specifically this hammer. I agree that an axe might be better for his left hand ('cus dat spell slam is just perfect for the hammer). Otherwise, this is a pretty nice model!

and goes medieval in your ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Good one! I like the details and him wielding two weapons. But, the mountain king's animations does not fit him very well. There's something unusual about the "walk" animation that I can't explain in words.

I agree with Stefan.k, about giving him Rexxar's animation instead.

So far, I will give it a
3.2/5

I might as well give it a higher score if the "walk" animation be changed or upgraded.

EDIT:
Oh I see the problem. He lacks a waist, making him look small. Plus, I think his torso is big and his legs are a bit small. Maybe add a waist and make the legs a bit bigger.

Last edited:
Level 9
So, uh, what did you change? The wrap is still awkward and the legs still need work.
Last time I just set it back to needs fix because you kinda ignored my moderation.

Actually, I'm gonna do that again.

I've re-wrap the legs, just now. However, we are operating under the limits of a low poly model and it does affects the wrapping. Besides this is how the original wrapping looks like.

Good one! I like the details and him wielding two weapons. But, the mountain king's animations does not fit him very well. There's something unusual about the "walk" animation that I can't explain in words.

I agree with Stefan.k, about giving him Rexxar's animation instead.

So far, I will give it a
3.2/5

I might as well give it a higher score if the "walk" animation be changed or upgraded.

EDIT:
Oh I see the problem. He lacks a waist, making him look small. Plus, I think his torso is big and his legs are a bit small. Maybe add a waist and make the legs a bit bigger.

I beg to differ, Rexxar uses axe in both hands and the should be anims for axe does not fit with the should be anims for hammer. Hammer is heavier than axe and this affects the animations integrity. You don't swing a hammer and an axe at the same speed rate.

groovy idea to use mountain king anims for this :3 but he could use being less round in the body, atm it looks like he gained a lot and lot of pounds :xxd:

also.. dunno if hive viewer, but some bright red squares appear when he dies and stick around the death/dissipate anims

It's the weapon glow. Should that go away too? Upon dissipate the weapons should remain on the ground. I don't know why it does not appear in the 3D viewer when it appears in game and Magos or Mdlvis.

Credits to Magos and Mdlvis for the animation transfer, Yes, this didn't use Oinwerkinkle tool or something.

Last edited:
Level 26
The issue is the texture at the waist, specifically the crotch area. It's easily fixed. I could do it for you if you find it that difficult. As for how it originally were, some warcraft units that are mounted does not have any real feet, some barely have legs. Some didn't have any feet at all. So stating that it's how he originally were is not a strong argument.

Level 9
The issue is the texture at the waist, specifically the crotch area. It's easily fixed. I could do it for you if you find it that difficult. As for how it originally were, some warcraft units that are mounted does not have any real feet, some barely have legs. Some didn't have any feet at all. So stating that it's how he originally were is not a strong argument.

Blame blizzard for such faulty texture. The feet came from the Paladin, the most accurate replacement I believe there is. It has the same shape not counting the inner part of course.

As for the crotch, I tried to follow the should be pattern. With that said, The model is suppose to look like that, and that is with rectangular team color upon the crotch area.

You can't fix what isn't broken, Sir.

Level 9
I've updated the model and made some minor crotch re-wrap.
Hopefully it hits home, for I honestly don't know what you see wrong with the crotch wrapping.

It doesn't take a creative man to reinvent the wheel. It is pointless to reinvent the wheel. As for effort, I've reduced the file size gravely, merge portrait and actual model, added some anims without using Oinkerwinkle, cause the tool doesn't actually work. I had to do it using notepad. You may think this is easy, yeah, perhaps but not for people that are just learning how to modify, like myself. You're just looking the other way when you are questioning the effort put on into this model.

Last edited:
Level 26
It doesn't take a creative man to reinvent the wheel. It is pointless to reinvent the wheel.

Reinventing the wheel comes with unlimited benefits. Reinventing the wheel, making another shape, another material, spiked, flat. All of these reinvents the wheel in miniscule ways. It adds layers to the initial concept and makes it more useful. Just look at the market to today, for all kinds of wheels. So much effort must have been poured into the design of these.

Level 4
I like the model but are you able to make a model of him of now as him returning after varok saurfang found him and told him you and I we don't get to hide

Level 11
Hi, I optimized and fixed issues of this model using Sanity Test, hope you don't mind. List of fixed things: teeth on portait animations, camera, right hand during stand ready, attack slam shockwave emission rate interpolation type.

Attachments

• Thrall_on_foot_v1.2.rar
    32.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: