1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Thrall_on_foot, Battle Thrall, Raging Thrall,

Submitted by strongwill
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is thrall when he get's pissed, He climbs down his nice high wolf and goes medieval in your ass.

Works well in-game, I don't know why some random geos appear in the 3D viewer.

Update: fixed the side wrapping and the random appearing geosets

Update: Added new stand anim and fix the random appearining geosets.
enjoy

Update: Changed the left hand weapon to an axe.

Update: Waist size reduced. re-wrap the legs.

Update: Reduced file size from 130.33kb to 94kb. Merged the portrait and the actual model. Correct the walk anim. Modify the crotch wrapping, with a li'l tweak and turn.

Update: Crotch team color removed. Rescaled to head, making it a tad larger to fit the body mass. Fixed the flickering stand 1 anim.

Update: fixed the Attack slam anim, moved the head back a li'l.

I've updated it. I wonder why it hasn't changed in the 3D viewer.

Keywords:
Thrall on foot, Battle Thrall,
Contents

Thrall_on_foot, Battle Thrall, Raging Thrall, (Model)

Reviews
18:38, 16th Apr 2015 MiniMage: This actually isn't that bad. Work on the legs and the waist and improve the wrap and I'll approve this. 11:00, 16th Apr 2015 MiniMage: Useful.
  1. 18:38, 16th Apr 2015
    MiniMage: This actually isn't that bad. Work on the legs and the waist and improve the wrap and I'll approve this.

11:00, 16th Apr 2015
    MiniMage: Useful.

2. Windrunner29

Windrunner29

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    why there us a blue cloud in the viewer ?

3. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The blue thingy shows only in the new viewer. I suspect it has something to do with the mountain king's avatar mode. The best thrall on foot model so far but I think giving him an axe and a hammer instead of two hammers would be better >.<

4. strongwill

strongwill

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think the Axe might be a give away. I don't know, lets just hear from the rest of the commenters. Any Idea on how to remove that blue thingy. It doesn't appear ingame.

Thanks, for the compliment, btw.

5. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    For lore reasons, I don't really like him dual wielding hammers, or, well, specifically this hammer. I agree that an axe might be better for his left hand ('cus dat spell slam is just perfect for the hammer). Otherwise, this is a pretty nice model!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  6. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks good, why not give him animations like grunt's or rexxar's? On first sight i thought he had beastmaster's animations :p. 4/5

7. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There is really a cloud that's part of the hero glow. It is actually some sort of extra geo or something that's easily deleted.

8. strongwill

strongwill

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    An eye for an eye, a teeth for a teeth, an axe for a hammer? Hmmm, Perhaps.

9. Argos

Argos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, such description. I feel...penetrated.

10. TheGreatJoshua

TheGreatJoshua

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good one! I like the details and him wielding two weapons. But, the mountain king's animations does not fit him very well. There's something unusual about the "walk" animation that I can't explain in words.

I agree with Stefan.k, about giving him Rexxar's animation instead.

So far, I will give it a
    3.2/5

I might as well give it a higher score if the "walk" animation be changed or upgraded.

EDIT:
    Oh I see the problem. He lacks a waist, making him look small. Plus, I think his torso is big and his legs are a bit small. Maybe add a waist and make the legs a bit bigger.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  11. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Put up your Duke, Says Thrall

12. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is awesome! Thrall is a great character!

13. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So, uh, what did you change? The wrap is still awkward and the legs still need work.
    Last time I just set it back to needs fix because you kinda ignored my moderation.

Actually, I'm gonna do that again.

14. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now thrall stole grom's axe it's perfect >.< By far the best unmounted thrall out there.

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    groovy idea to use mountain king anims for this :3 but he could use being less round in the body, atm it looks like he gained a lot and lot of pounds :xxd:

also.. dunno if hive viewer, but some bright red squares appear when he dies and stick around the death/dissipate anims

16. strongwill

strongwill

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I've re-wrap the legs, just now. However, we are operating under the limits of a low poly model and it does affects the wrapping. Besides this is how the original wrapping looks like.

I beg to differ, Rexxar uses axe in both hands and the should be anims for axe does not fit with the should be anims for hammer. Hammer is heavier than axe and this affects the animations integrity. You don't swing a hammer and an axe at the same speed rate.

It's the weapon glow. Should that go away too? Upon dissipate the weapons should remain on the ground. I don't know why it does not appear in the 3D viewer when it appears in game and Magos or Mdlvis.

Credits to Magos and Mdlvis for the animation transfer, Yes, this didn't use Oinwerkinkle tool or something.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  17. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The issue is the texture at the waist, specifically the crotch area. It's easily fixed. I could do it for you if you find it that difficult. As for how it originally were, some warcraft units that are mounted does not have any real feet, some barely have legs. Some didn't have any feet at all. So stating that it's how he originally were is not a strong argument.

18. strongwill

strongwill

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Blame blizzard for such faulty texture. The feet came from the Paladin, the most accurate replacement I believe there is. It has the same shape not counting the inner part of course.

As for the crotch, I tried to follow the should be pattern. With that said, The model is suppose to look like that, and that is with rectangular team color upon the crotch area.

You can't fix what isn't broken, Sir.

19. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You're using a poor excuse. Any man with enough creativity can reinvent the wheel.
    What I am asking is for you to apply effort to improve something existing.

The ways one can do so is many. You basically just stated that you can't work on it because you can't be bothered to learn.