• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Thousand Pounder Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
While redoing some of the bosses, i also decided to redo several of the boss rooms to make sure theyre as epic as can be :D

D3W_01.png

Level 17
Very nice, I actually like the violet lighting.

Same here but at the white wall, it makes it look fucked, you cant say that it doesnt o.o'¨

And a question to CloudWolf. That white stones will get a new texture, those walls will not be white anymore. Will you have to redo that? :S

And i think we should try to find better statues, since it looks wierd when that one is under the ground.

Level 14
Even tho the violet lightning doesn't make much sense it does add some kind of graphical feeling that it got better graphics.

Level 8
Will you actually make the units fly away like in the real D3? BTW, that looks pretty good. Nice use of doodads.

Level 17
I dont want to sound like an entire different person only becouse im in the team.
I am who i am, and i should be allowed to be myself :)

And i put it like that becouse its easier for people to understand me.
I want everyone to understand what i say you know.

Anyway.. I have to get back to school now.

Level 19
Right :D Ive taken in what you guys have said and have made a newer version :p

D3W_02.png

It looks really good now with all the changes to the texture. But could you perhaps remove the colours in the blue/green ice crown tile to black and white? It would help a lot. :p

Hm, I think we should create a standard gate. WarCraft III's gates look like crap and there are too many varients.

I agree with syltman that we're missing some colours. I kinda understand now why Blizzard wanted to include so much colours in the first place. It actually enchances the graphical experience.

Level 18
The updated pic is better for the most part but the longer carpet is way too blue and stands out too much from the dullness of the rest of the area. Even though the purple was a bit much, it did wash out the blue better than the updated version does. Not sure how much you could do about this with lighting in WC3 sucking so bad though.

Level 17
Couldn't make a new thread so Im writing this here. Here's some helpful news. Wc3 now has a new max map size. 8mb. Look at this thread:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130099

Helps out a lot of people so I guess it will help you too. Keep up with the project.

i saw that too but before i was about to make a thread out of it myself i searched around and you had posted about it already.
It is really good news and we should still keep all skins in reduced quality, that just gives us even more space.
Just imagine, double the entire size..
An interface for skill tree...
Custom enemies everywhere...
Better hero models...
We wont take back archangel tyrael, that feel sooo great.

And there is so much we could do.

Level 16
i saw that too but before i was about to make a thread out of it myself i searched around and you had posted about it already.
It is really good news and we should still keep all skins in reduced quality, that just gives us even more space.
Just imagine, double the entire size..
An interface for skill tree...
Custom enemies everywhere...
Better hero models...
We wont take back archangel tyrael, that feel sooo great.

And there is so much we could do.

But the patch is not out yet, and probably wont be for a while I guess.
But it's great news indeed, however we should still keep the size as low as possible, I fear loading a map smacked with 8mb of data might take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.