• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss: Thousand Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Anyone whos played version 1.17 will know how static and repetative the thousand pounder boss is :S All he does at the moment is walk around a bit, cast warstomp, and becomes enraged when hes on low health :p

So! Does anyone have any ideas to make him better? :D

I was thinking perhaps when hes on low health, some cultists could spawn, run down the stairs and heal him a bit just to throw players off.

Im all open to suggestions though :)

Level 4
Ok well this might kind of be like those other aboms that turns into worms, but every say 25 percent he could spew out heaps of worms and turn invincible. Once you kill the worms the fight is back on?

Level 3
Make the bug I discovered (Here) something real ;p .
If it's not too much, maybe you could make him revive in his skeleton form we can see in the trailer when he's summoned. (In a Blizzcast, they said they might use his model as skeleton in-game ;) )
Maybe make the cathedral blow inside-down as fight goes on, with debris falling from the roof and the floor cracking?
Dunnow if it's very hard to realise :s

He can jump in to the sky then do a ground pound making a large wave of force pushing every one back.
That's dumb xD

Ok well this might kind of be like those other aboms that turns into worms, but every say 25 percent he could spew out heaps of worms and turn invincible. Once you kill the worms the fight is back on?
I like the concept, but why make the boss invicible? Unleash creeps while alive is déjà-vu, unleash creeps while dying too, spewing worms is more like it :)
You could also make that his arm or anything is slashed and falls on the floor, only to keep fighting as another entity? :) That would be easy to do that with attachments.

Level 30
phew :D Those are some nice ideas ;)

While the worm thing is a good idea, I dont want people mistaking the Thousand Pounder for a Grotesque creep :/

However! I really like the idea of the room begining to crumble a bit :) I guess we could add some falling rocks from the roof, and maybe some earthquakes etc :p We could even turn it into a spell. E.g. The thousand pounder slams the ground, then the room begins to shake causing debris to fall down or something :)

I also really like the ghoul idea ;) Its similar to the worms, but a tad more beleivable :D

So! Heres the list of spells I'll add in :)

1. Mass ghouls appear from all directions. This will make the fight a bit more chalenging for the casters :)

2. A slam spell that makes the room begin to crumble

3. When the TP's on low health, cultists appear that heal him, and make him stronger for the final part of the battle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.