• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Help with Boss Enrage Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want one of my bosses to have an enrage timer, bascially it's a timer that you have to kill the boss in, the timer is 300seconds(5mins) long, and the timer itself works fine.
When the timer expires, it is suppose to show a text to all players of the boss yelling, create a dummy unit(that has a inner fire based spell called enrage), order the dummy to use the ability on the boss.
The ability is suppose to increase his damage done by 500%, defense by 500, and health regeneration by 200%.

This is the trigger used to display the text, create the dummy, and use the spell the dummy has.
  • Enrage
    • Events
      • Time - Rayvan_Enrage expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Fire Lord Rayvan: Y...
      • Set - Rayvan_Loc = Position of (Rayvan 0034 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Enrage for Neutral Hostile at (Rayvan_Loc) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire Rayvan 0034 <gen>
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Enrage_Timer_Window)
      • Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_Rayvan_Loc)
The timer and the window for it are fine, when the timer hits 0 it displays the text like it should, however somewhere the Enrage ability is never cast on Rayvan, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I've done dummy unit's before, and ordered dummy units to cast spells before, and i've even tapped into trigger enhanced spells a few times, however I don't know what the problem with this trigger is..

SIDE NOTE: I have another similar trigger for when he gets under 10% max health:
  • Fiery Rage
    • Events
      • Unit - Rayvan 0034 <gen>'s life becomes Less than ((Max life of Rayvan 0034 <gen>) x 0.10)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set - Rayvan_Loc = Position of (Rayvan 0034 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Rage for Neutral Hostile at (Rayvan_Loc) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire Rayvan 0034 <gen>
      • Custom Script - call RemoveLocation(udg_Rayvan_Loc)
And this trigger does not cast the spell either.

Both the Enrage and the Fiery Rage are based off Inner fire, the use string for them is innerfire, and neither dummy has both abilities, there are 2 seperate dummies, each with the correct ability.

Fiery Rage - Increases damage done by 100%, defense by 25, and life regeneration by 15%.
Enraged - Increases damage done by 500%, defense by 500, and life regeneration by 200%.

Level 4
i would assume they are since multiple neutral hostile units can stand next to eachother without getting all nerd rage on eachother, but i'll change it to allow all targets

The ability already allows target or neutral units aswell, i'm still going to add enemy and give it a try tho.

Level 4
Nope, the ability still doesnt affect him, even after allowing allied, neutral, friendly, enemy units to be targets

Level 4
so do I have to make rayvan controlled by a computer-player (like player 12, but make player 12 a computer?) or just make the DUMMY ownd by someone else, then have the dummy cast it on rayvan(who is owned by neutral hostile) and allow the ability to be cast on enemies?

And overall for scripted(triggered) boss and non-boss creep fights, would it be better/more efficiant to leave the creeps as neutral hostile or as Player 12, and havign player 12 controlled by a computer?

Level 4
ok, i made him player 12, and i made the trigger make the dummy unit player 12 aswell, and cat the spell on him, still doesnt work:
  • Enrage
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Enrage for (Owner of Rayvan 0034 <gen>) at (Position of Rayvan 0034 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)

Level 4
spell is based off human inner fire, and cast range is 99999

Edit1: oh and yes darkgrom, target 'ground' is checked

Edit2: sorry to bump this but.. bump.. I rly need this fixed, anyone have any idea what might be wrong with it? Rayvan is owned by Player 12(Brown) the trigger creates a dummy for.. Player 12(Brown), and orders it to Human - Inner Fire Rayvan, the enrage spell is based off the HUMAN inner fire, not the neutral hostile one, the targets allowed are ground, friendly, air, neutral, self (default for the spell inner fire) and somehow my boss(Rayvan) isnt getting the effects or buffs of the spell.. plz help..

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Did you forget to set the enrage ability to 0 mana cost? If not and the dummy has no mana, it will not be able to cast it, also check if you haven't removed the upgrade requirement for it.

Level 4
WOW FAIL.. damn Zaio you made me feel like a noobie again, I totally forgot about the mana cost.. FML. rofl HOWEVER!!!

It still did not work, i tried giving one of my builders the spell, and they can use it just fine, and the effect takes place fine, so its something in this trigger im guessing?
  • Enrage
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Rayvan_Loc = (Position of Rayvan 0034 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Enrage for (Owner of Rayvan 0034 <gen>) at Rayvan_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Rayvan_Loc)
      • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
The trigger shows the text msg to players just fine, but does not give the boss the enrage. and i checked the dummy unit, he does have the correct spell.

Level 4
and I went one step further, and tested a trigger to force the pesant to use the ability, like it would here for the dummy:
  • Enrage Test
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) typed a chat message containing -enrage as An exact match
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Picked unit)
and the pesant DOES sucessfully cast the enrage on himself, and I have also made him cast it on another pesant right next to him, sucessfully

Edit: OK ALL I fixed it..
After realizing i had a mana cost on the spell, I changed it, made sure the trigger was making the dummy unit for Player 12(Brown), had the right spell, and all that good stuff..

This is the part u will /slap me for..

I forgot to change the owner of Rayvan(the boss) from Neutral Hostile to Player 12(Brown) -.-

Enrage now working, and i'm going to take a look at your enrage system to dark, maybe it'll be better then this one

Level 4
Edit: nvm found it, anyways...

I have it all figured out (so far) now that im no longer feelign inferior to everyone else.. Darkgrom, when the map gets into a lil more then basically half a low-lvl dungeon and 1 raid boss, would you like to help test the map?

Edit2: also, how do i make hero's past lvl 10 gain exp normally? i have a hero at lvl 15, killing level 15-18 creeps and hes not gaining exp at all

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
i will gladly help with the map just PM me or something.

and this is a simple way to make a unit gain more exp
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 10
    • Actions
      • Hero - Make (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Heroes gain 200.00% experience from future kills

Status
Not open for further replies.