• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Boss RESET Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Simple version: I have several triggers that turn on/off during one of my bosses fights. I would like to:
1. Turn the triggers that need to be turned on/off to reset his fight. (To avoid him spamming aoe's and abilities that are triggered when everyone around him is already dead)
2. Reset his health to 100%(To avoid people just rezzing and running back to him and eventually soloing him)
3. Play a game-wide text to all players to let them know of their comrades failure at life.
this is my trigger:
  • Reset All
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in Random_Unit_Rayvan) Greater than or equal to 1
      • ((Triggering unit) is in Random_Unit_Rayvan) Equal to True
      • (Number of units in (Units in Rayvans Platform <gen> owned by Player 1 (Red))) Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Fire Nova Cast <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Fireball Cast <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Soul Burn Cast <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Volcano Cast <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Fire Nova Start <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Fireball Start <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Soul Burn Start <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Volcano Start <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Currently Fighting_kick <gen>
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Random_Unit_Rayvan)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Fire Lord Rayvan: N...
      • Unit - Set life of Rayvan 0034 <gen> to 100.00%
Background INFO: Region - Rayvans Platform <gen> refers to the room the bossfight takes place. Unit Group - Random_Unit_Rayvan is a unit group containing all units that are in the region Rayvans Platform <gen> 5sec after the boss fight is initiated, and the door to the bosses room closes again, and a trigger is turned on to prevent other heros from entering the room (by any means) while a current fight is going on.

WHAT IS REQUIRED:
1. Event is based off a unit Inside Rayvan's Platform that IS NOT OWNED BY NEUTRAL HOSTILE dies
2. The trigger will only run if there are NO other player-heroes in the room (IE the boss won and everyones dead)
3. The trigger needs to turn on/off the triggers listen above accordingly, and reset his health to 100% max health.

I need help with this because i cant figure it out at all, thanks. Tell me what I did wrong, and if wanted, post an example or fixed trigger for me. Thanks.

Level 4
If it helps, this is the code used to add players to the Random_Unit_Rayvan group:
  • Unit Group
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Random_Unit_Rayvan = (Units in Rayvans Platform <gen> matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile))
The trigger is run by:
  • Gate Close
    • Events
      • Time - RayvansGate expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Close ForceWall 1569 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Fire Lord Rayvan Start <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Currently Fighting_kick <gen>
      • Trigger - Run Unit Group <gen> (checking conditions)
The Timer: RayvansGate is a 5second timer that starts when a unit enters the boss room.

Level 4
NVM I figured it out finally, by basically, whenever a unit, in Random_Unit_Rayvan dies, it removes them from the unit group, then runs the trigger Reset All checking conditions, the only condition for Reset All is that Random_Unit_Rayvan must be empty, if so, it resets, if not, nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.