• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This must be said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm sorry for anyone this offends........but people are STUPID. I'm tired of people saying OMG THIS MAP IS A RIP OFF OF DOTA!! dota.....Dota.....DOTA WHY!!! ARE YOU AN IDIOT seriously. Please if you want to say its a ripoff please say its a ripoff of something that wasnt ripoff of something else. So in other words JUST DONT DO IT. For those retarded people out there that dont know here it comes, this might sting a little DotA fans. DOTA CAME AFTER AoS YOU STUPID IDIOTS!!! So with respect the next time your guna complain about something being a copy of DotA please please PLEASE go punch yourself in the face. Thank you for your time.

Level 34
shadonavan, you realize that practically the entire site here knows, and agrees with you, right? Your preaching to the choir.

Level 10
btw, this forum is not for you to rant on about people, its for if you make games, so making this your first post on this site is not a good idea..

Meh, this is the off-topic not map development forums. Though he could have at least introduced himself to the hive first =,(.

its not a rip off of AoS because AoS was in starcraft and this is in warcraft.

Actually it is, I don't think what program your using has much to do with what matters about ripping these types of games off. But I don't really care because if you think about it some people could just consider every AoS/Dota w/e map is a ripoff of such and such's AoS/Dota w/e map because when it boils down to it there really isn't much to separate one AoS from another.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

AoS is a genre, but for the fact of it- as far as I know (I never tried SC AoS) AoS' are composed of three teams. DotA is the first well-known map with two teams, making it a different kind of map. I'm not saying similar to DotA maps are rip-offs, but claiming DotA is a rip-off is false. It is a genre, and DotA is simply the best map in the genre. Now we've got a full game devoted to the genre; Demigod.
Really can't see why everyone needs to bash DotA, it's a great game once you get to know it.

Level 10
Dota is pretty fun, sometimes ( a lot of the time) there are players in the game with you that have a shitty attitude and thats mostly why it gets such a bad rep, that coupled with the vertical learning curve. But w/e a lot of games have a bad community, and there are AI maps to practice on before you go live if you want to avoid some flack. Overall I like it a lot, but I do wish there was some competition / or just more quality maps.

And I agree with you about the halo /counterstrike thing. Just like I don't think dota is a rip-off. People get to worked up about that kinda stuff. With there mindset nigh everything they do/play is a ripoff.

Level 10
I'm sorry for anyone this offends........but people are STUPID. I'm tired of people saying OMG THIS MAP IS A RIP OFF OF DOTA!! dota.....Dota.....DOTA WHY!!! ARE YOU AN IDIOT seriously. Please if you want to say its a ripoff please say its a ripoff of something that wasnt ripoff of something else. So in other words JUST DONT DO IT. For those retarded people out there that dont know here it comes, this might sting a little DotA fans. DOTA CAME AFTER AoS YOU STUPID IDIOTS!!! So with respect the next time your guna complain about something being a copy of DotA please please PLEASE go punch yourself in the face. Thank you for your time.
No, so much flame, so much powers of the Dark Side of the Force....
This must be reported.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Dota is pretty fun, sometimes ( a lot of the time) there are players in the game with you that have a shitty attitude and thats mostly why it gets such a bad rep, that coupled with the vertical learning curve. But w/e a lot of games have a bad community, and there are AI maps to practice on before you go live if you want to avoid some flack. Overall I like it a lot, but I do wish there was some competition / or just more quality maps.

And I agree with you about the halo /counterstrike thing. Just like I don't think dota is a rip-off. People get to worked up about that kinda stuff. With there mindset nigh everything they do/play is a ripoff.

You avoid the plu-part of the bad community by joining up elsewhere than flame-heaven, ie BNet. DotA-League is also bad, so don't bring it up.. please. Just practice and ignore flames and make your way either to VIP SIG (DotA-League quality-ensured ladder) or to an inhouse league, where you are valuated before you enter the real games, and kicked out later for bad attitude or game ruin/lack of skill. Personally I play in DCE, and I'm very satisfied with that. Even I get flamed on BNet, simply because noobs flame everyone and call everyone noobs- if you kill them, you're a noob, if you die to them, you're a noob, if you build something else than Sange & Yasha, you're a noob, if you deny, you're a noob, if you farm better than them, you're a noob, if you lane with Axe, you're a noob. All but the two first indicate possible skill, but in the eyes of a noob, who have learned from noobs that has been in the business longer, you play different and act friendly, so you're a noob (because they're definately not noobs at all, no!, they're pros and pros have attitude, according to them).

Pardon the long sentences where it is easy to get lost. And before you start flaming, I'm not claiming to be pro, I'm just not a noob (at DotA).

Level 12
No, relating the following GIF to Dota is even better. Oh and when THEY threaten to kill your family, is even better.

1337.jpg

Level 12
Congratulations you just made Hives worst first post. Want a medal to go along with that? Not only does 90% of this site hate DotA because of its popularity (not because it's good or bad even though they will argue it) but there's so many AoS's out there (and right here at Hive) that nobody gives a damn if you're making an AoS or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

I find this fact valid.
When I see a not-so-unique AoS map, I think (and say) "It's just another AoS map".

Status
Not open for further replies.