• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Witcher MOBA v.1.0.3

'I play chess to reveal the game secret. Blood thumps inside these chessmen. You need only listen - and you will hear. Dub-dub, dub-dub, dub-dub... A hearth pumping with life. I take a pawn - and hear flesh being rent. I win a peace - and hear screams from the depths of its bowels. I want to break them open, squeeze the truth from them.'

- King Radovid V

'Every soldier is a t*t when the situation is sh*t!'

- Sheldon Skaggs, officer of the Mahakam Volunteer Army
95bd.png

Hello everyone.

I am working on this project for quite a while. It's a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena Map based in the famous Game of the Year - Witcher world. This map is a re-make of a geat Cataclysm AOE map made by CloudWolf who is happy with letting me to go ahead:
e7c1.JPG
image.jpg

Ok, so going back to the main details. We will have two sides fighting against each other:

the Northern Kingdoms
latest

Nilfgaard

latest

We can choose which side to aid in battle by choosing a specific hero from the Witcher Lore (please see below). To win all we have to do is to destroy enemy base battle tent. Thanks to the newest patch unlocking map size potential I decided to go crazy with the terrain :).
All the units and some doodads are made by me and some of them are available online (PM if you are interested as I don't want to promote other websites), the rest is of course imported from Hiveworkshop resources which of course will be mentioned in game upon map completion.

Changelog

Terrain

Heroes and Skills

Faction Units

Gameplay Screenshots

Credits

[2017-11-23] Version 1.0.1 CHANGES:

• Added better quality loading screen
  • Changed pheasant Icon to a wolf medalion during hero selection
[2018-01-12] Version 1.0.2 CHANGES:

• Minor bugs fixed
  • Changed faction icon graphic from active to passive
[2017-11-23] Version 1.0.3 CHANGES:

• Game now available for 20 players thanks to the new patch!
b716.jpg

5e2a.jpg

698a.jpg

2b43.jpg

88e4.jpg

2ac4.jpg
e0cc.png

724f.png

26d6.png

8ca4.png

9a7f.png

277d.png

0816.png

695a.png

02da.png

d1ea.png

b7ab.png

1929.png

3601.png

4d80.png

3538.png

5182.png

6ed2.png

43f5.png

b9ad.png

8a7b.png

cf99.jpg

c09a.jpg

WoZqJZT.png

wedJhZt.png

G6keisG.png

QyBRfyD.png

Original Map Design:
  • CloudWolf

Models:
  • Stachu
  • HappyTauren
  • JetFangInferno
  • Callahan
  • communist_orc
  • Pinachet
  • sPy
  • Infrisios
  • Fingolfin
  • Mythic

Textures:
  • Stachu
  • CloudWolf
  • ZethHolyblade

Special Thanks:
  • Andrzej Sapkowski - the 'allfather' of the Witcher universe
  • CD Projekt studio - for creating a fantastic Witcher trilogy game

The Map is now officially ready to play ;).

More info on:

Contents

Witcher MOBA v.1.0.3 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
That message from CloudWolf would be nice as a picture of the original. Even, maybe a link if possible. I think you should also credit the Witcher's game company and even maybe books author. Please hide screenshot/images to avoid long scrolling. 1...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
That message from CloudWolf would be nice as a picture of the original. Even, maybe a link if possible.
I think you should also credit the Witcher's game company and even maybe books author.
Please hide screenshot/images to avoid long scrolling.

1. You could turn passive ability icons (example: Northern Kingdoms) to not look active by using this: Button Manager v1.8.2
2. Archers (which are towers) don't turn to face their target. Try making them have the slowest movement speed and just let them hold position or something.
3. Merigold Hailstorm is pretty much a no user unless there are no allied units around. The spell circle gets so big that you can't even use the spell without hitting yourself.
4. Some towers don't have death animations, they just become unselectable.
5. Not sure if neutral hostiles should interfere so often with minions.
6. You can carry as many weapons as you want. I suggest limiting to 1 for each item type.
7. Warcraft spells don't quite make it the Witcher.
8. You can buy items from the enemy camp.
9. The last attribute points (level 11 and 12) cannot be learned the hero reaching max level 30. I think there's a higher requirement for them.

All in all could be more original especially on the spells department.

Approved.

===================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 7
That message from CloudWolf would be nice as a picture of the original. Even, maybe a link if possible.
I think you should also credit the Witcher's game company and even maybe books author.
Please hide screenshot/images to avoid long scrolling.

1. You could turn passive ability icons (example: Northern Kingdoms) to not look active by using this: Button Manager v1.8.2
2. Archers (which are towers) don't turn to face their target. Try making them have the slowest movement speed and just let them hold position or something.
3. Merigold Hailstorm is pretty much a no user unless there are no allied units around. The spell circle gets so big that you can't even use the spell without hitting yourself.
4. Some towers don't have death animations, they just become unselectable.
5. Not sure if neutral hostiles should interfere so often with minions.
6. You can carry as many weapons as you want. I suggest limiting to 1 for each item type.
7. Warcraft spells don't quite make it the Witcher.
8. You can buy items from the enemy camp.
9. The last attribute points (level 11 and 12) cannot be learned the hero reaching max level 30. I think there's a higher requirement for them.

All in all could be more original especially on the spells department.

Approved.

===================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Thanks for the review Deepstrasz.

I will adapt to the suggestions you've posted above soon, thanks for your constructive feedback. The more, the better. Cheers.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Played it once. I really like it. The concept you built the AOS on is great. Keep working. 5/5 +4 reputation points

Level 7
Played it once. I really like it. The concept you built the AOS on is great. Keep working. 5/5 +4 reputation points

Beautiful. I admire your dedication! LOLx

Cheers guys, that means a lot to me :). There will me another update coming soon with an extra event, some minor fixes and buffs spread around map as Places of Power, stay tuned.

Level 3
Hey, just tried this map with a friend and I got to say its great :D
I love the mechanics, its all really well made, its just a shame the latest patch broke several models and causes so many desyncs :/
I hope you fix it soon !
Cheers

Level 7
Hey, just tried this map with a friend and I got to say its great :D
I love the mechanics, its all really well made, its just a shame the latest patch broke several models and causes so many desyncs :/
I hope you fix it soon !
Cheers

Hi Olorin.
Thanks for the feedback.

May I ask which models are broken due to recent patch?
I played this map not long ago and didn't encounter on any bugs.