1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Group up and create a Warcraft hero based on a member of the Hive and win up to 100 rep and a rank icon. Enter the team contest now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The results for Mini-Mapping Contest #14 is up! Congratulate the winners here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Concept Art Competition #10 has come to an end. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest#3 has finished. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Music Contest #9 - Steampunk has begun! Tell the nearest aristocrat, aviator or adventurer.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rewards for the 27th texturing contest have been upped and deadline extended. Enter now to win the new cash price.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The [$100 Prize Pool] Special Melee Mapping Contest - Results are out! Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

[Hero Arena] The Witcher - MOBA

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Stachu, May 21, 2017.

1. Stachu

Stachu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    'I play chess to reveal the game secret. Blood thumps inside these chessmen. You need only listen - and you will hear. Dub-dub, dub-dub, dub-dub... A hearth pumping with life. I take a pawn - and hear flesh being rent. I win a peace - and hear screams from the depths of its bowels. I want to break them open, squeeze the truth from them.'

- King Radovid V

'Every soldier is a t*t when the situation is sh*t!'

- Sheldon Skaggs, officer of the Mahakam Volunteer Army

[​IMG]

Hello everyone.

I am working on this project for quite a while. It's a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena Map based in the famous Game of the Year - Witcher world. This map is a re-make of a geat Cataclysm AOE map made by CloudWolf who is happy with letting me to go ahead:
    [​IMG]

Ok, so going back to the main details. We will have two sides fighting against each other:

the Northern Kingdoms
    [​IMG]

Nilfgaard

[​IMG]

We can choose which side to aid in battle by choosing a specific hero from the Witcher Lore (please see below). To win all we have to do is to destroy enemy base battle tent. Thanks to the newest patch unlocking map size potential I decided to go crazy with the terrain :).
    All the units and some doodads are made by me and some of them are available online (PM if you are interested as I don't want to promote other websites), the rest is of course imported from Hiveworkshop resources which of course will be mentioned in game upon map completion.

• [2017-11-23] Version 1.0.1 CHANGES:

• Added better quality loading screen
      • Changed pheasant Icon to a wolf medalion during hero selection
    • [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Original Map Design:
      • CloudWolf

Models:
      • Stachu
      • HappyTauren
      • JetFangInferno
      • Callahan
      • communist_orc
      • Pinachet
      • sPy
      • Infrisios
      • Fingolfin
      • Mythic

Textures:
      • Stachu
      • CloudWolf
      • ZethHolyblade

Special Thanks:
      • Andrzej Sapkowski - the 'allfather' of the Witcher universe
      • CD Projekt studio - for creating a fantastic Witcher trilogy game

The Map is now officially ready to play ;).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I adore the theme.

Heavily dislike the icons however, and the terrain seems lacking.

3. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the terrain and the imported stuff.
    However, you should probably get someone to trigger your spells, most of them seemed to be the basic Wc3 spells.

4. Nordmar

Nordmar

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    maybe post a screenshot which shows the map from a birds view.

5. Stachu

Stachu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like I said earlier the project is on its beta stage at the minute, thanks for the comments guys, any form of feedback is fully appreciated.

I will in the nearest future as soon as I'll finish the remaining terrain, Nordmar.

[​IMG]
    I've done some bata testing previously with my friends from the Polish modding community, however due to many unfilled slots in game I would like to invite you guys too for the next beta testing (don't worry, the map is in English).

There is a total of 10 slots for players (minus me that's 9). Please let me know if you would like to participate in it on this Saturday 22nd of July at 18:00 GMT.

First comes first goes, places are limited. Please put down your interest in the post below stating your Battlenet Login so I could find you later ;).

After the game, I would appreciate if you could send me a PM with all your comments, feedback, ideas etc. in bullet points please. This will help me improve the map until its final release date.

See you on Saturday on Battlenet ;)

6. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Beta state would imply you've finished most of the work and it needs testing.
    I don't see why you would have a beta test if you're going to replace the spells with proper spells in the future.

Seing as spells i a vital part of a hero arena, I strongly recommend you to fix them before doing any multiplayer testing.

7. RinKaWaII

RinKaWaII

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you gonna upload the map right away on here before the beta starts or we gonna wait for a week to play it on publicly? I like the terrain. I'm excited to play it. The Terrain looks nice for RPG version of this.

8. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It'd be great to upload the map prior. I'm not very much into MOBAs but I'm looking forward to this one. Looks like a lot of work and cool creative direction was put into it.

How about some gameplay screenshots in the meantime? Those are the most important ones :]

9. Stachu

Stachu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I might not be as advanced as many of you triggerers to create super advanced skills specially designed for MOBAs/DOTA's etc. but there is nothing to fix and so far no one really complained that those skills are 'too basic' to be used for this particular map, it was more about balancing dmg/stun time/etc. than anything else. The map is in its beta stage so - as you said - most of it is finished and the map is fully playable at the moment. I value your honest opinion nevertheless. :)

I might do that soon, although it will definitely be much more updates on it. I am planning to add much more event monsters and add more items from merchants in the nearest future. For those who will join me this Saturday I shall send a link to download the map of course to save us time.

That's not a problem at all. This is from the beta testing from the past two weeks, there is not a lot of it yet though because we were focusing on gameplay itself rather than taking screenshots (ignore my polish warcraft in screenshots, map is in english).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow really nice! i would love to play this!

11. terrio

terrio

Resources:
    Resources:
    vernon roche should have bonus damage against detmold. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12. Stachu

Stachu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks man, you will get your chance sooner than you think ;)

It's funny that you have mention it Terrio:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@EDIT:

I've made some more heroes, 5 extra for each side. Now every side will have a hero equal to hero of the opposite side, having the same stats & spells making the game slightly more balanced during the play:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have also updated Vilgefortz's model:
    [​IMG]EDIT: New (and last) Hero form Nilfgaard side, Rience, the rogue Mage.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  13. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    95% hype!

14. Stachu

Stachu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok guys, the last Hero is ready, I present you Rience, Vilgefortz's nasty rogue mage whose mission was to find Ciri:
    [​IMG]

The map is ready to download here:

The Witcher MOBA v.1.0

Please let me know in comments what do you think of the map and did you enjoy it.

15. Azarus1

Azarus1

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice, I'll try this out soon, let you know what I think

16. Colonel Aster

Colonel Aster

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks real awesome, suprized I never noticed this before

17. Stachu

Stachu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Any feedback of the game? Did you enjoy it guys. Any sort of critic would be much appreciated.

I've added some minor changes to it like sharpened loading screen and changed an icon of peasant during hero selection.

Oh, and a bit of marketing screen ;) :
    [​IMG]