1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by don_svetlio, May 13, 2015.

1. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is right around the corner, I felt like sharing my interest in the game and the franchise and also asking, who else is going to be playing as the famed Geralt of Rivia on the 19th/20th of May? Has anyone else also made some special preparations for the days around release? I know I'll be diving in as soon as I come home from my exams but what about you?

Also, what do you expect from the game? I know the devs promised a hell of a lot of stuff but do you think they can deliver? Let me know and good hunting :)

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Looks like another boring sex, drugs and killing everything game from what I have seen.

3. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I was just thinking of it and I am now thinking of buying it on Steam. I bought Witcher 2 Assassins of the King and fell in love with the series so I am going to play Wild Hunt sooner or later.

4. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm most likely going to buy it too I only hope Saskia and Iorveth are in the game. Saskia was always one of my favorite characters and I had to leave Triss Merigold and let the Kingdoms initiate a witch hunt to save Saskia but damn it if it wasn't worth it.

5. Zaramorus

Zaramorus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Never understood why such hype. Never played this game and probably wont. Doesnt seem to be anything interesting. It reminds me of Dark Souls or something similiar.

6. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't say Dark Souls, yes the game will punish you for just rushing in unthinking even on the easiest difficulty. (At least that was the case in Witcher II.) But the game isn't balls to the wall hard.

7. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Honestly, as a person who has played and enjoyed every single death in dark souls and dark souls 2, it felt nice that I had to rely on dodging and learning the enemy's attack patterns rather than mashing "Attack" until it dropped dead - the way lots of open world RPGs do it. I am also pretty happy with how the game feels. Unlike Witcher 2, Wild Hunt is a lot more responsive, in my opinion, and hitboxes work better. Also, horse combat is a lot of fun once you get used to the timings on the attacks.

As for Iorveth and Saskia, I am not 100% sure but I remember that either IGN or PC Gamer posted something bout Iorveth and Roche making a return. Personally, I am more looking forward to seeing Roche and rebuilding Temeria (I liked Foltest :D).

In other news, today I fought my first wraith, it was rather interesting and somewhat daunting at first but the pinnacle of the fight was when my silver sword started to break. Fun times.

8. realtime

realtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    and in our country saying is sexy game

9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Watched all the cut scenes from the main quest line. Damn that was like 8 hours of footage.

I played through a bit of it too. Progressing with the baron hide and seek bullshit atm. Really funny game but I find the level range odd. Go from the easy village to the closest one and it's freaking impossible. From level 4 to 10 or something.

10. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really? I personally didn't find higher level enemies that hard, though, admittedly, I was playing on normal and on death march even my level enemies are deadly.

11. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know if you think this is the right place to post this on or not. I just thought that you people might be interested to know that the Witcher currently costs 1 euro on steam. (That's less than a 1,5 L carton of milk. :D) And the Witcher 2 costs 3 euros so that's as much as 2 cartons of milk. :D

12. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Or... YARR..

though I plan to buy collectors edition on monday, I just hope they have it in store.

13. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thought you nerds might like this song. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FnCO1DkOU