• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hero Arena] The Witcher - MOBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
'I play chess to reveal the game secret. Blood thumps inside these chessmen. You need only listen - and you will hear. Dub-dub, dub-dub, dub-dub... A hearth pumping with life. I take a pawn - and hear flesh being rent. I win a peace - and hear screams from the depths of its bowels. I want to break them open, squeeze the truth from them.'

- King Radovid V

'Every soldier is a t*t when the situation is sh*t!'

- Sheldon Skaggs, officer of the Mahakam Volunteer Army

95bd.png

Hello everyone.

I am working on this project for quite a while. It's a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena Map based in the famous Game of the Year - Witcher world. This map is a re-make of a geat Cataclysm AOE map made by CloudWolf who is happy with letting me to go ahead:
e7c1.JPG

Ok, so going back to the main details. We will have two sides fighting against each other:

the Northern Kingdoms
latest

Nilfgaard

latest

We can choose which side to aid in battle by choosing a specific hero from the Witcher Lore (please see below). To win all we have to do is to destroy enemy base battle tent. Thanks to the newest patch unlocking map size potential I decided to go crazy with the terrain :).
All the units and some doodads are made by me and some of them are available online (PM if you are interested as I don't want to promote other websites), the rest is of course imported from Hiveworkshop resources which of course will be mentioned in game upon map completion.

Changelog

Terrain

Heroes and Skills

Faction Units

Gameplay Screenshots

Credits

[2017-11-23] Version 1.0.1 CHANGES:

• Added better quality loading screen
  • Changed pheasant Icon to a wolf medalion during hero selection
[2018-01-12] Version 1.0.2 CHANGES:

• Minor bugs fixed
  • Changed faction icon graphic from active to passive
[2017-11-23] Version 1.0.3 CHANGES:

• Game now available for 20 players thanks to the new patch!
b716.jpg

5e2a.jpg

698a.jpg

2b43.jpg

88e4.jpg

2ac4.jpg
e0cc.png

724f.png

26d6.png

8ca4.png

9a7f.png

277d.png

0816.png

695a.png

02da.png

d1ea.png

b7ab.png

1929.png

3601.png

4d80.png

3538.png

5182.png

6ed2.png

43f5.png

b9ad.png

8a7b.png

cf99.jpg

c09a.jpg

WoZqJZT.png

wedJhZt.png

G6keisG.png

QyBRfyD.png

Original Map Design:
  • CloudWolf

Models:
  • Stachu
  • HappyTauren
  • JetFangInferno
  • Callahan
  • communist_orc
  • Pinachet
  • sPy
  • Infrisios
  • Fingolfin
  • Mythic

Textures:
  • Stachu
  • CloudWolf
  • ZethHolyblade

Special Thanks:
  • Andrzej Sapkowski - the 'allfather' of the Witcher universe
  • CD Projekt studio - for creating a fantastic Witcher trilogy game

The Map is now officially ready to play ;).

Last edited:
Level 7
I adore the theme.

Heavily dislike the icons however, and the terrain seems lacking.

I like the terrain and the imported stuff.
However, you should probably get someone to trigger your spells, most of them seemed to be the basic Wc3 spells.

Like I said earlier the project is on its beta stage at the minute, thanks for the comments guys, any form of feedback is fully appreciated.

maybe post a screenshot which shows the map from a birds view.

I will in the nearest future as soon as I'll finish the remaining terrain, Nordmar.

Untitled-2.png

I've done some bata testing previously with my friends from the Polish modding community, however due to many unfilled slots in game I would like to invite you guys too for the next beta testing (don't worry, the map is in English).

There is a total of 10 slots for players (minus me that's 9). Please let me know if you would like to participate in it on this Saturday 22nd of July at 18:00 GMT.

First comes first goes, places are limited. Please put down your interest in the post below stating your Battlenet Login so I could find you later ;).

After the game, I would appreciate if you could send me a PM with all your comments, feedback, ideas etc. in bullet points please. This will help me improve the map until its final release date.

See you on Saturday on Battlenet ;)

Level 25
Beta state would imply you've finished most of the work and it needs testing.
I don't see why you would have a beta test if you're going to replace the spells with proper spells in the future.

Seing as spells i a vital part of a hero arena, I strongly recommend you to fix them before doing any multiplayer testing.

Level 3
Are you gonna upload the map right away on here before the beta starts or we gonna wait for a week to play it on publicly? I like the terrain. I'm excited to play it. The Terrain looks nice for RPG version of this.

Level 32
It'd be great to upload the map prior. I'm not very much into MOBAs but I'm looking forward to this one. Looks like a lot of work and cool creative direction was put into it.

How about some gameplay screenshots in the meantime? Those are the most important ones :]

Level 7
Beta state would imply you've finished most of the work and it needs testing.
I don't see why you would have a beta test if you're going to replace the spells with proper spells in the future.

Seing as spells i a vital part of a hero arena, I strongly recommend you to fix them before doing any multiplayer testing.

Well I might not be as advanced as many of you triggerers to create super advanced skills specially designed for MOBAs/DOTA's etc. but there is nothing to fix and so far no one really complained that those skills are 'too basic' to be used for this particular map, it was more about balancing dmg/stun time/etc. than anything else. The map is in its beta stage so - as you said - most of it is finished and the map is fully playable at the moment. I value your honest opinion nevertheless. :)

Are you gonna upload the map right away on here before the beta starts or we gonna wait for a week to play it on publicly? I like the terrain. I'm excited to play it. The Terrain looks nice for RPG version of this.

I might do that soon, although it will definitely be much more updates on it. I am planning to add much more event monsters and add more items from merchants in the nearest future. For those who will join me this Saturday I shall send a link to download the map of course to save us time.

It'd be great to upload the map prior. I'm not very much into MOBAs but I'm looking forward to this one. Looks like a lot of work and cool creative direction was put into it.

How about some gameplay screenshots in the meantime? Those are the most important ones :]
That's not a problem at all. This is from the beta testing from the past two weeks, there is not a lot of it yet though because we were focusing on gameplay itself rather than taking screenshots (ignore my polish warcraft in screenshots, map is in english).

WoZqJZT.png

wedJhZt.png

G6keisG.png

QyBRfyD.png

Level 7
wow really nice! i would love to play this!

Thanks man, you will get your chance sooner than you think ;)

vernon roche should have bonus damage against detmold. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's funny that you have mention it Terrio:
Untitled-3.png

Untitled-2.png

@EDIT:

I've made some more heroes, 5 extra for each side. Now every side will have a hero equal to hero of the opposite side, having the same stats & spells making the game slightly more balanced during the play:
Vernon_Stats.png

Vesemir_Stats.png

Yenefer_Stats.png

Philippa_Stats.png

Yarpen_Stats.png

Tibor_Stats.png

Serrit_Stats.png

Assire_Stats.png

Skellen_Stats.png

I have also updated Vilgefortz's model:
Vilgefortz_Stats.png

Last edited:
Level 7
wow really nice! i would love to play this!

Thanks man, you will get your chance sooner than you think ;)

vernon roche should have bonus damage against detmold. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's funny that you have mention it Terrio:
Untitled-3.png

Untitled-2.png

@EDIT:

I've made some more heroes, 5 extra for each side. Now every side will have a hero equal to hero of the opposite side, having the same stats & spells making the game slightly more balanced during the play:
Vernon_Stats.png

Vesemir_Stats.png

Yenefer_Stats.png

Philippa_Stats.png

Yarpen_Stats.png

Tibor_Stats.png

Serrit_Stats.png

Assire_Stats.png

Skellen_Stats.png

I have also updated Vilgefortz's model:
Vilgefortz_Stats.png
EDIT: New (and last) Hero form Nilfgaard side, Rience, the rogue Mage.
Rience_Stats.png

Last edited:
Level 7
Any feedback of the game? Did you enjoy it guys. Any sort of critic would be much appreciated.

I've added some minor changes to it like sharpened loading screen and changed an icon of peasant during hero selection.

Oh, and a bit of marketing screen ;) :
Event_Wild_Hunt.jpg

Level 7
Any feedback of the game? Did you enjoy it guys. Any sort of critic would be much appreciated.

I've added some minor changes to it like sharpened loading screen and changed an icon of peasant during hero selection.

Oh, and a bit of marketing screen ;) :
Event_Wild_Hunt.jpg

@EDIT

I noticed that quite a few of you already played the map as it hit over 300 downloads! Nice!

Got any feedback that you could share with me guys? Waiting for your critics - those good and bad too ;).

Level 3
Make a map of multiplayer RPG based on Witcher and add similar events of War[Nilfgaard and Northern Kingdom] like this Map.

Level 7
Make a map of multiplayer RPG based on Witcher and add similar events of War[Nilfgaard and Northern Kingdom] like this Map.

I might do that in the future, long ago I was thinking of such project with gigantic map adding majority of Northern Kingdoms locations. But you know what's it like when you put yourself a big project you are more than likely not to finish it at all. So for now I've done a MOBA map, if more people would be interested then I might start working in some ORPG in the future.

@EDIT

Just a quick update - the map will be set up for 20 players in the nearest future thanks to the recent blizzard patch. Stay tuned ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.