• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Territorial Defense Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTD

The Territorial Defense

maps_24817_preview.jpg

Here you have the rifleman as your hero to destroy your opponents base and guard your base as well. The main unit which you are going to defend is your house because if this is destroyed you are out of the game. You can hire mercenaries from the Mercenary Camps to help you. You can buy items in the Goblin Merchants. The only thing you have to have is your strategy on how to defeat your enemies.

Screenshots

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Credits

Thanks to the triggers of SDRyoko in reviving heroes and creeps...
Change Logs and Notes

Change Logs

version 1.0b
1. Added some items

version 1.0b
1. Adds 2 mercecnaries: level 1 flying and level 8 land unit
2. A new shop for purchasing items are placed in each camp. Old items can be purchased here.
3. Many new items are included which can be purchased at the Goblin Merchant.
Watch out for more updates to come

version 1.0a
1. Each Team is named as: North East Encampment, North West Encampment, South East Encampment, South West Encampment.
2. There are now 8 players to play the game on 2v2 or 1v1
3. -kill all command has been omitted.
4. Adds the following commands: 1. -sc - to show list of commands 2. -nm - No Mercenaries to hire.
5. Adds more doodads.
6. Guard Towers near the house now deal more damage and have more hp than the front guard towers.

old version
1. Teams have no name.
2. 4 players to play for 1v1
3. with commands -kill all and -kill

NOTE:
1. There is a lag at the start of the game; it is caused by storing creeps so they can be revived at their original position not at the position they died.
2. At the end of the game, whoever wins, everything in the map becomes invulnerable and pause.
Download:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/territorial-defense-v1-1-a-203460/?prev=status=a&u=eubz

Attachments

• The Territorial Defense v1.1a.w3x
    327.2 KB · Views: 47
Level 28
I'll test it for you eubz. :D

Here is my short review.

Cons
- Very few items, most of them are standard items.
- No triggered spells
- Only one offensive spell.. and its passive..
- Spells doesn't fit each other

Pros
- Beautiful terrain
- Nice idea

Suggestions
- Add game modes.
- Add more items(custom items).
- Try to add custom(triggered) spells and make them collaborate with each other.
- Add more trained units and give them training time.

Reviewer's note
This is a mini-game but can be improved more if you give more effort on it :D

Level 12
I'll try this one. I'll give a short review or maybe a long one in about 30 minutes. Expect one though, along with some suggestions and maybe bug reports if there are any.

Edit: Fuuuu.. So this map needs another player to be played, eh? I'll try to host a game then. I'm not sure if I'll be able to give my review this day or tomorrow.

Level 12
Here's the replay of how *le me buying 1k weapon and shiz* got me owned.

It only lasts for 15 minutes.

I got owned mostly because of his healing-units which crapped the hell out of me since I didn't explore the map that much, I only farmed some neuts, the satyrs who owned my minions, then he caught me farming, killed my tower, then went straight to my house lol. At around the 8th minute of the replay, you would only see him (UndeadImmortal), trying to kill my house and me reviving, dying again and again.

I'll do another round of game with some of my groupmates in a 4-way free for all fight or something.

Attachments

• igotownedatttd.w3g
    71.1 KB · Views: 47
Level 28
Here's the replay of how *le me buying 1k weapon and shiz* got me owned.

It only lasts for 15 minutes.

I got owned mostly because of his healing-units which crapped the hell out of me since I didn't explore the map that much, I only farmed some neuts, the satyrs who owned my minions, then he caught me farming, killed my tower, then went straight to my house lol. At around the 8th minute of the replay, you would only see him (UndeadImmortal), trying to kill my house and me reviving, dying again and again.

I'll do another round of game with some of my groupmates in a 4-way free for all fight or something.

You should farm on the ai, I just bring 4 footman and I owned the game, :D Neutral Creeps doesn't give anything to you.

Game Modes
- Team Death match (first to gain X kills as a team)
- Tower Match (Let the players to build tower, then trained units that automatically attack enemy bases
- Capture the flag (Spawn a flag on the middle of the map the first team to get the flag and bring to their base get a score)
- FFA?
- Defense mode (Creeps spawn on the middle and will attack the team's bases)

Hope this suggestions will do. :D

Level 12
You should farm on the ai, I just bring 4 footman and I owned the game, :D Neutral Creeps doesn't give anything to you.

Now I get it why I wasn't able to play solo. It's because I didn't add a "Computer" to the empty slots when I played lol. Btw, bringing 4 footmen vs a human player would get you into trouble especially if he/she has a dark troll priest, it was the one who owned me spamming heals and some footmen along with him and of course the heal of the sniper guy.

Level 28
Now I get it why I wasn't able to play solo. It's because I didn't add a "Computer" to the empty slots when I played lol. Btw, bringing 4 footmen vs a human player would get you into trouble especially if he/she has a dark troll priest, it was the one who owned me spamming heals and some footmen along with him and of course the heal of the sniper guy.

I'm only talking about the ai players, you can owned them with just 4 footman, then spam the heal of the hero :D

Level 12
Here's some review on some parts of your map:

Boots of Speed - Lacks details. You should add to the tooltip about the additional movement speed it gives. It only says: Increases the Hero's movement speed when worn.
Ring of Protection - The +4 is colored yellow yet it isn't the hotkey. You should highlight the hotkey of the item on either P or R. Plus, 500 gold for 4 armor? I'd buy a creep instead, and I do have evasion or heal right?
Claws of Attack - 50 gold for +3 attack?
Periapt of Vitality - Quite reasonable, could be lower though.
Gloves of Haste - 500 gold for 15% attack speed? I don't think so.
Rusty Mining Pick - 150 gold for +1 attack and 15% stun. Too low, BUT you should remove the stun. The hero already has a stun, if you combine it with this and it stacks, then you get perma stun-locked. Remove the stun instead and make it an active item where you can use it to get some random mineral/rock/gem which you could sell for gold. Make the cooldown 60 or 120 seconds so that it doesn't get spammed. Also could be renamed to Rusty Pickaxe.
Health Stone - Worth it.
Potion of Healing - Could be better than Health Stone when used 3 times unless you have some potion cooldown system in the map, haven't tested though.
Sturdy Waraxe - This was the one which cost me the game. 1000 gold for +5 attack? I'd prefer the pickaxe or the claws of attack over this.
Mana Stone - Same with Health Stone. But you should also have a small potion for mana like "Potion of Healing."

I only gave my opinion on the first items the players would use. And I wouldn't suggest using them at all, because creeps would do better than those items.

eubz, I could help you balance and fix some items, and even make some items for you if you want me to. Just tell me if you want me to help you, or if you don't need help, then that's fine. I would test the map more, but I'm a bit lazy to.

Suggestions:
1. Change the model of the rifleman - use this beauty :D
Elite Rifleman
2. Change the items, completely. What use a ranged rifleman has with Claws of Attack, Rusty Mining Pick, Sturdy Waraxe... Those are melee weapons. You could make a whole system, where only weapons are guns. Depending on your level, you can buy more powerful gun, and you can choose between, for example, one with high damage, one with high attack speed, and one with critical strike.
3. Make some custom mercenaries which would fit the map, would you? I mean, what are a lightning lizard and dark troll doing fighting together, shoulder by shoulder, against furbolg and satyr? Make human mercenaries. For example:
Enforcer - tank, high hp, high armor, low damage, can use defend
Rogue - meele dps, high dmg, low armor, low hp, can use windwalk
Bandit - ranged dps, high damage, extremely low hp and armor, has passive poison, can use searing arrows
Priest - ranged support, buffer and healer, low damage, armor and hp, can use heal, divine spirit and similar stuff
Cultist - ranged debuffer, medium damage, low hp and armor, can use curse and mana burn
4. Use more custom models and icons.
5. Make abilities which will complement each other, fit idea of a rifleman, and be custom(triggered).

I can help you with every single step, PM me if you want any help.

Anyway, map is nice, but could really use much improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.