1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] The Remnants

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by SevenBlood, Jun 15, 2019.

1. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    A rough beta version of the first map: Failings of a Kingdom is now available to download and play as a singleplayer map. If anyone is interested in testing it out, all critiques, comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated! The Remnants - Chapter One.w3x

The first post I'm making about my custom campaign, The Remnants. The majority of this campaign takes place in the Kingdom of Alterac during the events of Warcraft 2. There are currently eleven maps planned in the main story line, with two bonus missions that can be unlocked at certain points during the campaign. This campaign features a custom tech tree for the Alteraci race, as well as units and abilities for the factions present loosely based off of their original Warcraft 2 counterparts. Currently still in the alpha stages of the campaign's development, my goal is to release a playable beta by the end of June 2019.

None of the custom models used in this campaign were made by me and all credit goes to their original creators on the Hiveworkshop and will have their names mentioned in the campaign credits.

Chapter_Five.PNG Chapter_Four.PNG Chapter_Nine.PNG Chapter_One.PNG Chapter_Six.PNG Chapter_Three.PNG Chapter_Two.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. Rhapsodie

Rhapsodie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems promising !

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Best of luck and have fun.

4. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some gameplay screenshots from the second map: Take Arms when played unnecessarily optimal WC3ScrnShot_062119_055310_01.png WC3ScrnShot_062119_055728_02.png

5. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    that cleric why is it so odd looking and why does it have the flaming head skill?

6. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a placeholder icon for a "Holy Aura" ability that increases allied hitpoint regeneration that needs to be researched.

7. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very much the kind of things humans would do "I am going to set your heads on fire thus healing all of you"(like holy light which is "I am going to heal you by blasting you with an explosion of light").
    I would like the graphisms to include fires on the heads of the affected people.

8. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Originally planned to only have Stromgarde be a faction available to the AI. Spent yesterday and today making a playable version available to the player in one of the maps. Heavily focusing on frontline infantry, with their units being stronger and more expensive than other factions. Also since it takes place during the events of WC2, elven archers and priests joining their army to provide support and make up for their lack of powerful ranged units and spellcasters.
    WC3ScrnShot_062319_132816_01.png

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks quite fun. Do you need beta-testers, because I would gladly volunteer.

10. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot, I'd definitely appreciate some help in testing. The first rough beta of the first playable map is available higher up in the thread if you'd like to take a crack at it.

11. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just tested it.

I always found a pity that there aren't many campaigns centered on Alterac, both as a nation and region.

I liked to see the lore notes you putted :), though it is a pity that they occupy inventory and are consumable.

-The only grammar mistake I found was in Alteria's special ability when it says 'soliders' instead of 'soldiers'
    -One of Alteria's abilities lack tool tips.
    -The archers close to the Stromgarde Lieutenant next to the rock slide can see us in the cliff and they start going in our direction. This means that when we cause the rockslide, the archers aren't killed and we have to face them.
    -I suggest increasing the number of trees in the area around the encapment. Let me explain. After I caused the rock slide, I wanted my units to go there. Some went through the path we have to go in order to reach the encapment, but others went through the trees.

-I don't like some of the models used, you should check these
    Captain, Footman, and Derivatives
    Human Archer
    FootArcher

12. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it a lot.

-Fixed the spelling of soldiers
    -Added a tooltip for Heavy Armor
    -Not exactly sure how I'll fix the archer's target acquisition but I'll figure something out
    -Fleshed out forests around the camp
    -Huge thanks for the footman model link, I didn't even know they existed.
    -I thought about using a human archer, but I think the elven archers fit the WC2 time better. (Even though the model is a little....squashed)

And for the lore pages I felt that just having the text pop up seemed kind of intrusive. Also having them as items made for an additional reward for killing an enemy hero or completing a optional quest, earning a lore page for that character/area/event.

13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem.

Maybe reduce their range of sight a little bit?

Yeah but it doesn't make sense for the armies of Stromgarde to have elves in their ranks. In Wc2 we control the Alliance, which is an amalgamation of all kingdoms, but in this campaign Stromgarde is a single nation.

Good idea.

14. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mission Two: Take Arms is available for play in it's beta state without cinematics/dialogue. Intented as a simple macro map. The Remnants - Chapter Two.w3x

Capture.PNG

Attached Files:

15. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    My review

Alteria's special ability still says 'soliders'
    Agrius' Second Wind: 'The Hero calls upon his stamina..."

-We can rescue Skirmishers but can't train them. Same to Priests and Throwing Axemen
    -There is no point in displaying Priests' Holy Aura and Dispel Magic icons if we don't have the researchs necessary. Same to the Shredding Axes ability for Throwing Axemen and the Magic Sentry upgrade for Towers
    -Make the Ice Troll Spirit Callers more unique rather than simple stronger versions of Ice Troll Priests. Grant them Blizzard or Frost Nova
    -That pack of wolves standing next to my base annoys me. I was facing an attack from Stromgarde while my peasants were building new buildings and the wolves start attacking my builders
    -The enemy AI needs to be fixed. All Barracks around the map start training units and they all go straight to my base, meaning that aside from occasional attacks from the main enemy base, I only have to deal with occasional enemy attacks consisting of one or two units
    -The creeps around the map kind of help me by attacking the Stromgarde units that approach them

16. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the help.

-I'm 90% sure I fixed it but maybe I misspelled it again haha. (100% fixed now)
    -Fixed the grammar.

-Skirmishers, Throwing Axemen and Priests become available to train in the next misssion.
    -Forgot about hiding their abilities.
    -Spirit Callers have Frost Nova and a summoning ability already.
    Capture.PNG
    -Not exactly sure what's up with the AI, will probably completely remake it.
    -The wolves on way to their base are meant to impede their progress, showing that they're also battling against the elements.

17. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem.

Ok, but they tended to use mostly Frost Armor. I also had the tendecy to attack them first, so maybe I didn't give them time to show all abilities.

By the way, at least in the wiki, there are no mentions about polar bears living in the Alterac mountains.

There are harpies, kobolds and wendigos though.

18. SevenBlood

SevenBlood

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some more WIP stuff and finished a complete playable Stromgarde faction.
    Capture 2.PNG Capture 3.PNG Capture 4.PNG Capture.PNG
    As well as a teaser for a bonus mission.
    Teaser.PNG

19. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey this is really cool(i'm an Alterac fanatic)! Guess what? My plans were to make a bonus campaign featuring a human subfaction for Alterac and stuff they do before and during the 2nd war. Obviously not eleven map, way below that. :D Looks really cool, again. Keep it up!

20. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ummm wow just saw this campaign and gotta say it was good

However i'm kinda not pleased with the no text in the loading screen etc

Still playing the chpater 2