• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The path of the footman v0.8c

You are playing as footman, walking a path to the portal. Your enemies are strong, so you need looking for meat that heals you. Map has summer path and winter path. The point is to go throught enemies and reach final portal. I got this idea because there is not maps like this. Map is about reaching a portal with other heroes that you will meet at final area. There is only one game mode.

Features:

1. What units you controll: one footman
2. How strong is the footman: light hitpoins, but strong armor
3. What about multiplayer?: When you play with other players, you lost armor. This feature is made because of balancing the game.
4. What units you will meet?: Ghouls, Skeletons, Abominations, Necromancers...
5. What terrain is in the map?: Classic light grass, denser grass, snowy stone paths, grassy stone walls, winter stone walls.
6. The map has only one path so you donť need to be afraid of losing or such.
7. Sometimes you can choose a path because the map has this ability.
8. With your footman and meat there is no such enemy that would brings you down.

How to play:

You play as strong footman. This unit needs healing, so you take a meat from fire pits that gives you the healing. You will meet this fire pits that brings a meat. Every meat is usable 6 times. Then you can continue the path. When playing, you encounter to undead and orcs. Some hostiles are stronger and some hostiles light. You can also meet enemies that can not be attacked because they are air units.

Changelog v0.4:

1. making trees more dense
2. brings little more speed for footman
3. Changed attack sound of the Footman from light to metal heavy slice
4. Some trees was changed from summer tree wall to winter tree wall
5. Added answer to paladins question

Changelog v0.6:
1. created a river across map
2. updated terrain
3. made map more maze

Changelog v0.7:
1. fixed tree escape
2. making footman faster movoment (from 120 to 170)
3. added weather effects

Changelog v0.8c:
1. added evasion to footman
2. added player has left the game

Credits: DatnessX

Author's notes:

I hope you will like my map.

Here is a video:

8725b365377fa5b6237ee942510c4dd2.640x360.jpg

6f922c75af2072e5551991bef2f16cb7.640x360.jpg

401ad65f28dcfce4cfa5a92ec7a63b50.640x360.jpg

1-png
Contents

The path of the footman v0.8c (Map)

Reviews
Map name:The path of the footman Moderation Review ->first of all, your bundle needs improvement. It should have: 1) a proper info text 2) screenshots 3) gameplay mechanics, pointing out what the map is all about 4) a credits list (mandatory...
You managed to improve it based on what I said though it can still be improved. Yet, at the moment it is playable and easy to understand. Will approve it but now more than 3/5 it might not deserve based on the small quantity of features and the small...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

A bundle must be detailed, must provide enough pieces of information about the resource uploaded, especially when it comes to a map. Please check up the link I've attached in my previous comment and you'll understand.

Level 6
while not entirely clear from what alxen345 stated in this first post,
and only striking point 1 on his second post
you have missed some major map submission rules
pay attention to point 1, 3, 4, and 5

your game has no lose condition
if this isnt made to be a solo game do change your suggested player count

Level 6
the video really doesnt add or help anything, your description also has a great number of grammatical errors

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Map name:
The path of the footman
full

Moderation Review
->first of all, your bundle needs improvement. It should have:

1) a proper info text
2) screenshots
3) gameplay mechanics, pointing out what the map is all about
4) a credits list (mandatory actually)
5) author's note (optional)

Here are some templates for you: Map Description - Templates

->no proper pieces of information are granted in the Quests menu. For a newbie, no instructions is not a very pleasant thing
->allied Footmen are spawned even though I did not set computer players
->tried it 5 times, died when I reached the Crypt Fiend. Even with the armor bonus gained from that item and with the defend ability turned on, the footman is instantly killed when you play in singleplayer since the only possibility to heal somewhere is by using those meals. A potion of healing would be good as a starting item; I used whosyourdaddy after that so that I can properly test it. Before you reach the Paladin, you have to fight a 1000 health abomination with a 100 health footman that also loses health overtime (idk why like this), is like being an ant versus a scorpion you know. I doubt this is intended to be played with cheats on.
->gameplay doesn't offer much variety as your only task is to walk, activate defend, attack, continue.
->the cinematics are, well, non-informative regarding the on-going story. For example, the Paladin asks "what brings you here" then the cinematic ends without any continuation. I suppose the footman could speak as well, answering to that question.
->the terrain lacks variation and elements from multiple scenery were combined and they look very weird. For a crawling map, obstacles are very important. You could make some mountain passway, a river blocking a path, a smaller maze, things like those.

decision -> at the moment based on all that I've analyzed, the map needs a lot of improvements and it seems that its current stage is a beta. Then the right section for you should be here -> Map Development

For now, I'll set it to Awaiting Update

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
I think I'm first player ended that yeah? very weak gameplay @datnessX3 , I was in your place(created my first map) one year ago (And I'm still there:peasant-neutral:) it's very good that they think it must become awaiting update, you know? My first map became rejected in 1 day I think :peasant-confused:
Anyway, I think you must practice, what all the map makers do, then you can create a unique map, first part of a good map is a good idea and story, that I didn't see in your map.
Just start a mini project, a mini-game, mini rpg or something that's mini, then try make it's triggers yourself and when think you can't, there are many people in World Editor Help Zone to help you.

Also @Alexen It's very simple to kill abomination (you don't need to kill everyone, just avoid them!), pit meats are cheat theirself.
If you want to see its end, just active defend ability and run! until see a campfire, then destroy it and pick meats! EZ!:peasant-grin::peasant-grin:

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Please properly read the review. The map is far away from an approval state.

->gameplay doesn't offer much variety as your only task is to walk, activate defend, attack, continue.
->the cinematics are, well, non-informative regarding the on-going story. For example, the Paladin asks "what brings you here" then the cinematic ends without any continuation. I suppose the footman could speak as well, answering to that question.
->the terrain lacks variation and elements from multiple scenery were combined and they look very weird. For a crawling map, obstacles are very important. You could make some mountain passway, a river blocking a path, a smaller maze, things like those.

If you believe the review does not suit your map, you are free to ask for another moderation from a different reviewer.

@matin45 indeed, I set it as awaiting update cause the map has potential, but it needs a lot of improvements.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

You managed to improve it based on what I said though it can still be improved. Yet, at the moment it is playable and easy to understand. Will approve it but now more than 3/5 it might not deserve based on the small quantity of features and the small possibility of different replays. Some additional suggestions. Add a map preview, add info in the Quests menu, instead of having 4 of the same item that grants +10 armor, why not having a single one that grants +40? That would be easier.

Nonetheless, approved

Level 8
It's full of bugs still, for example there is many spaces between trees that you can change the path from there.
@Alexen it's wrong that you changed the map to approved, this will damages the Hive, just think a people download this and play it, then he will say: Hive is a bad site, they approve everything they see. Then he will never back to Hive, why? Because you approved this map.
Also, it's bad @datnessX3 because he will think this map is good enough and hasn't any bug, so leave it and will never learn how to fix problems.
Anyway, I want a moderator to re-check the map. Untill I leave a 1/5 for people to know this isn't a real approve from Hive.(When the second moderator/reviewer set the map to approved, I will change my rate)

Another thing, @datnessX3 , I will hope to find a good idea for work, I said you earlier, you need a good idea to create a good map.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

@matin45 the map is playable and performs decent. Based on the rules, it can be approved. If you believe that it does not, you are free to report the approval state.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

thanks that we agree. I know what the basic requirements are for a map to be approved. He fixed what I mentioned so that it becomes playable, once that was done, I'm sure the new updates he will release will highly increase this custom game. I'm experienced in such things. His map atm is fine for approval that's why I approved it. You should know how many maps not fine I reported or set them as rejected before. :)