• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Path of Ashes

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
-Updates
-Added new units
-Removed some old ones
-Fixed a bug that would remove unit shops if units were spammed
-New map preview
-Map is now unprotected to allow fans to mod it to their liking
-Give me credit where it is due
-Im 95% sure this is the final version. However, other terrains and maps with the same concept are very likely.

The Path of Ashes is a map nothing like what you normally would find in a traditional Warcraft setting. It is a massive near future apocalyptic setting, including a very large ruined city, smaller destroyed towns, and a decaying forest. Multiple custom models are included, such as Illidan(evil)x's Titan Mech, and a number of others.

The point of the game is to create your own storyline in a post apocalyptic world by using familiar rp commands from DoBRP and so on. Possible scenarios include a third world war, an alien invasion, or classic zombie survival. The limit is really the roleplayers imagination.

-Note: Recommended to roleplayers or people willing to learn how.

Thanks, and enjoy.

-Childeric (Chamion@Azeroth)
Contents

The Path of Ashes (Map)

Reviews
14:49, 26th August 2009 Rui: This map is not compatible with patch 1.24. It is Rejected(until updated).

M

14:49, 26th August 2009
Rui:
This map is not compatible with patch 1.24. It is Rejected(until updated).

Level 11
It'a made for future only, which is why it doesnt include 'normal units'. And I would put in a zombie skin, but file size for maps is limited. And please don't comment unless you have something that will help develop the map, not just 'omg this rp sucks'.

Level 34
Just played it with some guys, hey dude you need to put the two builder shops in it again, you've forgotten that to do. We couldn't build much. =/ Small little bug on the Half Track. Put some new heroes in it. Oh and I think you should check Abriko's stuff, (s)he's got AWASOME future stuff if you need it. (s)He builds them from scratch, icon models all of it. Nice map but a bit empty on a way. 7/10 from the RPer.

Level 5
Recommendation: Approval
Rationale: Good map for its use.

Pros:
[x] Good terrain
[x] A number of good models

Cons:
[x] Limited RP capabilities (because it is for future theme only)

Level 2
hay i just came across a HUGE problem your game sounds fun but it has a fucked up bug as a few other games i have come across and heres what gose down the map is seen in battle net its in the corect folder but when i trie to host it on bnet it says "game not foud" so iam alittle pissed help please or fix bug

Level 1
great map, could use some more things like buildings and units
but given the things you have it's still a great map
5/5