• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Stone Of Ashes: Part One

Contents

The Stone Of Ashes: Part One (Map)

Level 4
This was interesting.......

Here's my review.

Good Points.

Great battle scene.
Terraining above average.
well thats about it time to start the BAD POINTS.

Bad Points.

Again way to short I think the prolgue was even longer.
And c'mon your story is becoming predictable.
And the inside of your fortress could be more.
But yeah it was good.

Your cinema is improving.

Anyway a Review by me Dark_Paladin

Oh eah if a mod see's this plz pm me I need my cinema uploaded and I can't do it cuz it's like 11 mb thx

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
This was not too short. It was still too long, I think.
The narrator scene at the end wasn't necessary. He swears revenge and that's enough. The narrator doesn't have to repeat that he will hold his swear.
And I think the music during the fights in the fortress was a bad choice. Boring, repeating, poor atmosphere.
And for the story: In the first part you had some interesting mysteries, that you should come back on, especially concerning the hero. At the moment it looks like it will become just another revenge-story, it could be much more.

The scenery is good. So now go and move the camera. At least at double speed. The more cameras, the better! 8)

Don't think I don't like your cin. Everything I don't mention, is as good that I think you can leave it as it is! :wink:

Level 2
Well... The narrator scene at the end, maybe it was superflous...
The inside of the fortress... Yeah, I know it was a bit bare, but what would you suggest I added? It's a fortress, not a hotel...
As for the music... I have a 56k modem. Getting music takes ne about 45 kinutes for one track. I can't download loads and then pick the one that's best quite as easily as you could.
As for the STORY... Believe me, there are some twists planned yet...

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Some suggestions for the inside of the fortress:
-statues
-torches and other lights
-detailed architecture using archways and columns

Well, you don't have to use internet to get music. Probably you also have a CD-Collection and otherways: if you use it in the right way, the WC3-intern music is quite useful for cinematics. Another advance of using the ingame-music: no additional size. Very interesting feature for people like you and me with slower internet connections (I have 1-channel ISDN).
I use only ingame-music for my cins and it works well, the only negative argument is, that most people who look war3cins know it very well... :D

Level 4
Well, I think your cinematic has potential, but the parts so far seem a bit... rushed... take your time to make sure every detail is exactly the way you want it, and the end product is usually so much better that it is worth the time. (And I did notice you snatch my intro music for your prologue, but I'll forgive you for that, lol)

Overall, I thought it was good, not spectacular, but the talent is there, you just need to up your technical skills and terraining patience.

Looking forward to your next chapter,
ForgottenLight

Level 2
Sadly, The Stone Of Ashes has been discontinued, since it was an ill-plotted poorly planned affair with little interest in it.
I HAVE however started a new series. Check www.wc3modforge.com in the "White Crane Studios" forum for the first episode. Unfortunately, I can't upload it here, since I can't access the "maps" section on my home computer...