• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Stone Of Undead Past Part 2:

Contents

The Stone Of Undead Past Part 2: (Map)

Level 16
Comparing to the previous episode:
the sounds were more fitting, but poorly recorded. Some times the sounds were very quiet, and you hit the microphone many times, or blow on it, either way, ugly sounds comes to ruin the dialog.
It also seemed to have 80% off topic, and 20% on the story continued from episode 1.
Pretty much just talking and couple of kills. It didnt leave a good taste in my mouth. You could do these episodes bit longer.

I gave the episode I 2/5, and comparing to that episode II deservers 1/5. Dont hurry these episodes, take your time making them.

Level 13
well I have only seen two cinematics off mini-me and they did not really impress me to be honoust, compared to other work I have seen.
You can find these cinematics in here but I bet you can find them on this site as well.

Nonetheless, I will make a small review on these two episodes.

The first thing I noticed was, the terrain, and although you improved a tad on the second part, you should really got to work on that more and take your time on it, lower the trees by pressing ctrl+page down, so you don't see the end of the trees anymore, als plain battle field are not attractive, try to make some more deform and try to use tilesets like blight since it was an undead army, also try to use some more eviromental and props as doodads on the map.

You can place the camera's more close since that gives you more of a feeling that you are inside the movie, only use zoomed out camera's when needed, like int eh battlefield also try to lower the angles of the camera so you don't only see things from top view which you mainly used.
Also try to enhance the movements you make in your cinematics, place more camera's, and when units are talking it doesn't bother to move the camera a bit, or even applying the camera to the units face when the unit talks to give an example.

The voices, nothing much, just don't make voices at all like this, cause your voice is really too childish sounding, I would either not voice the cinematic and use more custom music instead, or make more custom music in it as well and try to contact more profesionalized voice actors, (try looking on certain voice act forums)

battle's, there were not really more than just attacking units, try using some more animations, more fade screens, sounds and prehaps a few special effects here and there.

If you are intrested in learning more things about cinematics (which it uterly good off corse =) ), you can have a look at my cinematic if you like, its called "Orcish Castery" you can also open it in the editor and lok at the trigger editor and or terrain, the trigger editor gives some explanations as well which I wrote for people to learn something of it, and although the cinematic is quite old its nice to learn things from for cinematic starters =).

Level 16
As i know you are are a great cinematic creator

Heh, please notice that he said that, i never claimed to be a great nor even a good cinematic creator :). I've made two noob cinematics where i just experimented on ways of doing action in cinematics (first made in one day, second in two days). Feel free to look at them, thats why they are on the site :).

Level 4
Hmmmmm Mini-me Your cinema's weren't that bad, but I don't believe it was your first time mapping, you must have some experience in the mapping section to pull those things off......

Look the maps of mine I have on this site REALLY SUCKS. But they are old and I've also improved, but the way I know you're no noob is because the first maps I created looked like crap, played like crap, and then looked like crap some more....

OH Funk, this could become a better cinema with time.

Level 1
Eh..... dude?!?!? baaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Oh, geez....... everyone has girly voices, even the bloody orcs :lol: Now listen here: It's all about snapshots, cycling through cameras during the dialogs, lots of camera effects, close-ups shit like that...... good luck.... you'll need it.... lol.

Level 7
I Fell Like I Just Wasted Ten Minutes Of My Life Watching These And Now Im Thouroughly Scared! Sry Ur Voice Scared Me How Old R U!??!?!?!?!?!?!