• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Oakwood Forest (RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
in fact you did showed us the rune warrior before :D
but where..? in the event screen shot :p
still you didnt give us any informations about him there, and i dont think you will now :)

Damn I'm nub.

You see I would love to share all information about the classes I had, but I wanna look profesional, so I won't reveal too much haha.

All I can say about the sistra screenshot is that the bar looks have been changed, the Ranger model and Sistra model have been swapped (ranger = sylvanas, sistra = shandris) and the other dwarven hero which was called Hammerer has been removed and is replaced by an other dwarven melee hero now.

And about the Rune Warrior. It's like a paladin. High armor, tank abilities and some heal abilities.

Level 7
well i think its good that you wont reveal the spells and so on for the classes only what they are good at that makes it more exciting when you release the map.
Ohh im looking forward for it !

Ohh and no you are no nub :D

Looks like this thread has gone dead so i guess i just have to edit my post here to post again.

Please dont tell me this project has gone dead :p
It looked so good, so please reply in this thread and tell us what happened :)

Last edited:
Level 10
Is there Instances / Dungeons in this map?
It looks pretty cool. Deep_Blade's Equipment system is smilar this one. Im using it in one of my maps. Its just a smaller version of the one you use: Only got 6 slots for items.

It seems like a nice map to me. If you haven't done it yet, i suggest you to try making items with cleave and such.
Keep up the good work!

Level 19
Oke time to reveal some stuff about a class I'm working on at the moment.

Berserker - Orc (tank)

Berserkers use rage.
Rage increases whenever the Berserker deals damage or takes damage. Rage increases the damage done of the Berserker, but has a chance to make the Berserker go insane whenever he gets too much Rage. This insanity makes him attack everything (even allies) around him.

Berserkers have alot of combinations with their attacks that allows the player to use different tactics. Using certain abilities in a certain order will make the abilities work out better. They can also chose to make alot of rage that increases their damage (good for when your party role is DPS) or chose to constantly "cooldown" with a special "cooldown" ability to not let your rage get too high (better for tanking so you avoid the chance to drive insane).

For those that play or have played World of Warcraft before, this class will look like 2 different classes in World of Warcraft. If you chose to become a tank, your class will look alot like a Fury Warrior with alot of tanking moves. If you decide to become a damage dealer, your class will look alot like an enhancement Shaman.

Here are 3 of his abilities:
berserkerabilities.jpg

Last edited:
Level 7
sounds nice but dont you think the spells is too much copied by each other (they all do agi/str * something) anyway im glad you posted again because that means the project havent gone dead :thumbs_up:

Level 19
sounds nice but dont you think the spells is too much copied by each other (they all do agi/str * something) anyway im glad you posted again because that means the project havent gone dead :thumbs_up:

To save time I will make all damage spells based on attributes. So one rank of each spell will be enough. And the spells are completely different.

A dps Berserker willl use more Rending Slash because a dps berserker will get as much Agility as he can (to increase crit chance per example) while a tank berserker will go for strength and because of that use Furious Slash alot more. And to make it a non one-button-class, you have to use all the 3 abilities after eachother to make them work out better. So eventually they are pretty different.

And yeah about the project dying. It wont die, however haven't had contact with Ciebron for a while, so that's why I couldn't really do much. So that's why the map was on some sort of a hold for a while, and ofc my great schoolteachers are also wasting alot of my time;-)

Level 7
ok i see what you mean, also i like the idea that they can go crazy :)

I was just looking at the screenshots on page 1 and just so you know under class info - ranger. It say that every time HE cast a spell .....
Isnt the ranger a female :p
also in the screenshot with a rune warrior the minimap is black is it gonna be like that in the map? (i think its a good idead).

Level 19
ok i see what you mean, also i like the idea that they can go crazy :)

I was just looking at the screenshots on page 1 and just so you know under class info - ranger. It say that every time HE cast a spell .....
Isnt the ranger a female :p
also in the screenshot with a rune warrior the minimap is black is it gonna be like that in the map? (i think its a good idead).

Wups, I will edit that ranger mistake hehe.
And we have no plans for the minimap yet. I made it black with paint to not show you how much terrain is done yet because I'm kinda slacking on the terrain.:p

Level 7
well i dont mind if you are slow with the terrain (im also) as long as you keep up the good work :thumbs_up:

Oh yeah and would you like to share some informations with us about Orc, Trolls and Taruens. (Not to much)

Level 19
well i dont mind if you are slow with the terrain (im also) as long as you keep up the good work :thumbs_up:

Oh yeah and would you like to share some informations with us about Orc, Trolls and Taruens. (Not to much)

Orcs are green,
Trolls are blue,
Taurens are cozy and have tails?
:grin::grin::grin:

Enough info?:wink:

Level 17
Orcs are green,
Trolls are blue,

Lmao?

Nice RPG so far, Teun. I love the terrain (of course I do, most people love it). You've really captured the forest feel. I especially love that turtle under the swamp tree. Classic.
How many heroes do you plan to have?

PS: That revive system you have going is pretty cool. It is like the perfect pre-spawn warning for players. xD

Level 19
Lmao?

Nice RPG so far, Teun. I love the terrain (of course I do, most people love it). You've really captured the forest feel. I especially love that turtle under the swamp tree. Classic.
How many heroes do you plan to have?

PS: That revive system you have going is pretty cool. It is like the perfect pre-spawn warning for players. xD

Thank you.
Well... I wrote down idea's about 24 classes. However I'm not sure if I am going to finish them all. Maybe I will release some sort of a beta with only 12 heroes, and eventually add the other heroes with newer versions. However I've got 24 class idea's on my computer already, and there might even come more in the future! The problem is, the more classes I make, the more some will look like eachother, and I'm trying to not make them look like eachother.

I could help with the... creative thinking, if you want.

Currently I don't need any help with that. I've got a good creative mood for the past few days already. The problem is that making idea's is faster then actually making them in world editor:xxd:
But thanks for the offer. I will ofc post it here if I could use creativity help:D

Level 17
Thank you.
Well... I wrote down idea's about 24 classes. However I'm not sure if I am going to finish them all. Maybe I will release some sort of a beta with only 12 heroes, and eventually add the other heroes with newer versions. However I've got 24 class idea's on my computer already, and there might even come more in the future! The problem is, the more classes I make, the more some will look like eachother, and I'm trying to not make them look like eachother.

12 heroes would actually be ideal for a first official release, y'know. Over time, you can add more.

I understand what you mean about heroes starting to look like each other. I try to avoid that a lot by dividing original heroes into sub-groups. Like a mage, I'll have elemental magick (that can be split into many sub-groups), illusionary magick, the arcane, time magick or divination, etc. For melee classes, that can be difficult. Which is why you can refer to your own lore too. For example, if your lore includes an order of friars of acolytes that can bend the will of the mind, you'll of course have a class dedicated to that very aspect. But I suggest that you maybe limit yourself. 16 at the very least, if not 18.

Level 7
Orcs are green,
Trolls are blue,

In fact NO :razz:
But stil LOL :grin:
Ohh yeah and you are wrong trolls can also be green
And tauren looks like cows :D

I mean like class information, more screenshots or event.

And about classes do you mean 12 classes that everybody can chose?
4 classes for each faction?
or 12 classes for each faction?

Level 19
In fact NO :razz:
But stil LOL :grin:
Ohh yeah and you are wrong trolls can also be green
And tauren looks like cows :D

I mean like class information, more screenshots or event.

And about classes do you mean 12 classes that everybody can chose?
4 classes for each faction?
or 12 classes for each faction?

Hehehe, guess I was a bit drunk when I posted that lol.
Uhmz,
I could make some more screenshots, but currently I'm more working on making items (starting items, level 1 items for heroes) and some spells.
And with 12 I ment 4 for each faction.

Here's some information about the classes I'm working on atm.
There are more, but here are 9 classes already. I won't release more classes until the RPG is done, so please don't ask me about it!:d

Gryphonwing Brotherhood:
Rangers are elven archers. They are ranged damage dealers able to do physical and nature damage. Their gameplay is based on kiting and damage dealing. Rangers can only use Shortbows and Longbows.

Rune Warriors are dwarven hybrids. They are heavy armored warriors able to tank or heal. Their spells require runes, which automatically generate. Their damage spells are based on Ice magic, and their healing spells are based on Holy magic. Rune Warriors can use One-Handed melee weapons and Shields.

Sage's are probably the best area of effect damage dealers in the game. They can do high amounts of fire damage to multiple enemies, but at a cost. They are very fragile, and can only perform very good in group setups. Sages can only use Staves.

Bloodbane Clan:
Berserkers are the most furious of all orcs. They have different enrage effects which increase their damage done, but also damage taken. They are able to deal high amounts of physical damage but they are also able to tank. Their tanking is extremely good for just one enemy. Tanking multiple enemies is alot harder for Berserkers. Berserkers can only use One-Handed melee weapons.

Shamans are balanced orc spellcasters. They master air and earth magic. Their air magic makes them able to deal heavy lightning damage, or buff friendly units, while their earth magic makes them able to heal allies or create powerful eruptions from beneath the ground. Shamans can only use One-Handed melee weapons.

Summoners are destructive orc spellcasters. They can summon earthquakes to deal heavy damage to their enemies or summon minions of rock and stone to attack their enemies. Summoners are only able to use Staves.

Unholy Crusade:
Zealots are the dark cursers of the Unholy Crusade. Their spells are based on doing damage over time to enemies, or healing nearby friendly units. Zealots are excelent are of effect healers. Zealots can only use Staves.

Rogues are swift dark elf assassins. They have poisons to cripple, disarm, stun or just kill their enemies. Rogues are very fragile so their gameplay is focussed on quickly striking, and if that didn't do the job they'd better retreat. Rogues can use One-Handed melee weapons.

Black Guards are the toughest of the undead. They are half vampire and half human which effects their spells alot. Black Guards are perfect tanks because of their life draining and soul corrupting abilities. Black Guards are able to use One-Handed melee weapons and Shields.

Last edited:
Level 17
The rogue could be a Nightstalker or Assassin or something. Though, you should stick with originality. =D

Level 19
The rogue could be a Nightstalker or Assassin or something. Though, you should stick with originality. =D

Yeah indeed, I hate. What am I saying? I totally HATE the word rogue, because it's exactly the same as WoW, and retards always say "rouge". So it will be changed. I like Nightstalker alot! But I give it a shot to make up a name myself, but if that won't work I guess I have to steal it:wink:

I might also change the shaman, because (damn I reveal something again) I've also made an other class (that's not on the list) which is based on using spirits. Think I swap his name with the shaman's name, so I still have a shaman, but this time just a spiritual class instead of the WoWish idea of shamans pewpewing with totems, fire, earth and lightning.

Level 17
Shaman's are more spiritual anyway. WoW manipulated that aspects and turned the elements into spirits. Though I like that idea, just basing it off spirits. But don't delve too much into the undead, or else you have a necromancer.

For the elemental class, why not make the hero have a special quirk. Like at the beginning he/she starts as an all-rounder and can choose one of the four elements as a main discipline or something? Also, if you need help idea-wise, just give me a hollar. =D

Level 7
Shaman names...
Geomancer, Geomaster, Thunderborn, something with 'terrestrial' in it?
Not feeling all that creative, good luck with this project I look forward to trying it out.

Level 19
Shaman's are more spiritual anyway. WoW manipulated that aspects and turned the elements into spirits. Though I like that idea, just basing it off spirits. But don't delve too much into the undead, or else you have a necromancer.

For the elemental class, why not make the hero have a special quirk. Like at the beginning he/she starts as an all-rounder and can choose one of the four elements as a main discipline or something? Also, if you need help idea-wise, just give me a hollar. =D

For the 'Shaman' (as it is still called right now) I did something with that elemental thingy. In my map you have special bars under a hero which indicate something extra in addition to your normal 'mana' (which is called Action Points in Oakwood). Shamans have Air and Earth Essence. Whenever they use an air spell, they lose a bit of Air essence so their Essence balance changes to per example 45% Air and 55% Earth. Their essences are needed to cast spells, and also add a passive bonus effect to them, per example 45% air essence means (since 50% is the 'perfect' balance) -5% damage of lightning spells, and 75% air would mean +25% damage with lightning spells.
So Shamans will have this system, which affects their gameplay alot. They can spam lightning spells to deal damage, but eventually those become worse, so they have to cast earth spells aswell to improve their 'essence balance'.

And I won't make players chose between elements if they take this class. They just get Air and Earth, so I have an other idea for maybe some sort of an Archmage class with Water and Fire. However the Earth can also be fire, because a volcano is something I could make as an Earth spell.

Level 1
Another thing:

I have been thinking about this project, and I came to the conclussion I could use someone that's more experienced with creating systems and triggered spells then me. I'm good with GUI, and know the basics from Jass, but I can't make the imbalimbaleetzor things I have in my head.
Try same thing in Project Recruitment - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
will get better results
OR place that in the first post as everyone does not read through all posts

>How about some brief story? RPG without story looks odd.
>Some explanation of the screenshot of the event you have placed will be helpful
>what is OTT?
>"A Gryphon Guard Tower with 2 dwarves in it "----I can see only one
>some improvement in the undead starting area will be nice. The present screenshot does not look too good.
>how about a better screenshot of the sage?

On the whole the thing looks interesting as i have not played WOW.
>Do you hope to release a demo soon?

Level 17
because a volcano is something I could make as an Earth spell.

Earth and fire are actually an adequate duo because under the earth is magma which is fire, basically. Water and Air are also a nice duo. Without water, storms and monsoons would be... dry?

Level 19
Try same thing in Project Recruitment - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
will get better results
OR place that in the first post as everyone does not read through all posts

>How about some brief story? RPG without story looks odd.
>Some explanation of the screenshot of the event you have placed will be helpful
>what is OTT?
>"A Gryphon Guard Tower with 2 dwarves in it "----I can see only one
>some improvement in the undead starting area will be nice. The present screenshot does not look too good.
>how about a better screenshot of the sage?

On the whole the thing looks interesting as i have not played WOW.
>Do you hope to release a demo soon?

> Currently I've already got someone that's doing the difficult codes. Ciebron is doing that atm.

> Ofc I will get a storyline, but I think other things currently have a priority, when i didn't even make all the terrain yet. Imagine a Warcraft III storyline with only Durotar and Ashenvale. Would be a pretty sucky storyline.

> Well I already explained a bit about the events, and you gotta understand I'm more busy with the map, then updating this post.

> OTT stands for Orc, Troll, Tauren. I made an Orc, Troll Tauren screenshot, and after that another one, so I shortened it a bit.

>Well the Gryphon Guard Towers have 2 dwarves in it, even when you can only see one on the screenshot you just gotta believe me with it.

> The Undead area looks nice, doesn't need improvements, I only made a little screenshot to let you see the towers they have. I'm not planning to make screenshots of the entire area, because I won't reveal too much.

> Better screenshot of the sage shouldn't be needed. Everyone can see it's a skin based on Jaina, and the fire spells are hard to make good screenshots of.

Level 19
Earth and fire are actually an adequate duo because under the earth is magma which is fire, basically. Water and Air are also a nice duo. Without water, storms and monsoons would be... dry?

Exactly!

And that's why I'm not going to do it like that!:wink:
Because people would expect that!:wink:
I just keep it Earth and Air, because they are opposites of eachother, which affects your 'balance' with those elements.

Level 17
Awesome. =D Very... unexpected for players!! Also, if you do at all need help with a storyline... Here is my... card. *hands card* xD

Level 19
Nice ideas :p
What about Spiritcaller instead of shaman?

And about the proces line, it doesnt move at all. :cry:

Yeah well the process. Think terraining is still at 20%, and the codes. Well alot still has to be done. Think we've got like 25 spells in total, but we need 11 for each class. Most of the spell idea's are done already, but the coding just needs to be done. Same for some systems. Selection system is almost done, but not yet. Same for respawn system.. actually every system is 90% done, so there's still alot of work we could do.

Level 19
I had a computer crash today, so lost some work but don't worry.

I can also do something with Jass. I actually did today! You just gotta check it for leaks, and change it so it's MUI. But I'll get you updated when you're online on msn.:wink:

Level 7
Why dont you just complete one system at a time?
and you didnt said anything abot my class name sugestion :p

Did you lost any data when your computer crashed? (hope not :thumbs_up:)

I cant wait for this map to get released :D

Level 19
Why dont you just complete one system at a time?
and you didnt said anything abot my class name sugestion :p

Did you lost any data when your computer crashed? (hope not :thumbs_up:)

I cant wait for this map to get released :D

He might lost some data, but he recently sent me the latest things he was working on. So not much can be lost. And well the class name suggestions are all oke, but in the end it's my final decision, and I tell you, I probably always try to take a name that hasn't been called yet.:wink:

And tbh, it's also hard for me to wait till it gets released.;-) However I know the damn truth it will take some more time:p

Level 19
Suprisingly enough, this looks quite interesting. If you want a hand, feel free to give me a holler'.

I'm sorry for the late answer. Well, where are you good at? I don't need much idea's since I make more idea's then I can actually make ingame, however a second coder might help.

Level 19
After a long time of not working on it I started working on the map again. Here's a screenshot of the terraining I did today. Still under construction...
It will be an area with forest trolls.

3833305a0ccd36c64d611b5b81d443fc242dc98.jpg

Currently Ciebron can't open his JNGP so there wont be any progress with triggering. Because of this I decided to first get the terrain to around 80% before I start working on class idea's again.

Level 19
A new update!

I've been working on the terrain for the past few days, and also thought about the screenshots... They sucked!
So here are 14 new screenshots from old and new terrain.
Take a look at them!!!

3913220027460103da5ddafa389f88acf94dffd.jpg

3913221f2b3597bcf34e731c2af023122aca69e.jpg

3913222d7fae1d6c1b49fa80c5d1590de3bed5f.jpg

39133581523cc82ac9710eff85aa7de571e34a3.jpg

39133591fdceea4895e266f793e30d2d921d5a5.jpg

39133628a924fcd86ab5bd95cb1dbce4373cd54.jpg

3913363dfb5eab806695d20822911199ae7b46e.jpg

3913366eeb65427834c468017ccb7a84f198877.jpg

3913367ca1302c5369474cfde315f015036c1f5.jpg

3913368f3d07af3c23dbd3e305383863de51748.jpg

39133712f23b303beffcdf51bb900a62dcba46b.jpg

391337258d3db20f13e740bc845b08c19f10d95.jpg

391337308c1a0d6db6c406db38c49df476c08f5.jpg

39133743ae48a90a1ed0418e5154cf8a4cd2bcc.jpg

Level 19
Terrain is progressing really good atm!
Every day I'm working atleast 1 hour on it and it's getting alot better now.
Thinking of redoing the starting area's for the undead and humans because my terraining style changed a lot (became better:grin:) and those area's are still like I used to terrain (example: Now I'm using bigger tree's and less shrub spam, and bigger cliffs. I didn't do that before.).
Because the terrain is going to fast atm I think it's time to start recruiting a coder/scripter/jasser (whatever you wanna call it) again.

So here are my questions.

Are you good with Jass? (and I mean seriously good)
Are you interested in this RPG?
Do you have time to work on it and willing to do my idea's (you can ofc discuss your own idea's too, but you gotta understand I have somethings in my head and wont change major things to the gameplay per example. But spell idea's are aaaaalways welcome ofc).

If you think you could help me with triggering then please say so. I could really use some help since my own jass is kinda leaky.

Level 8
I would really like to help you with this RPG, i have followed it for a while and.. looks amazing :) I can help with lore, names, zones quests, abilities, various names etc. Im good at that stuff. done a few RPGs myself. So, pm or something and we could talk about it :)
Thanks in advance :D
________
BONG PICTURES

Last edited:
Level 19
I would really like to help you with this RPG, i have followed it for a while and.. looks amazing :) I can help with lore, names, zones quests, abilities, various names etc. Im good at that stuff. done a few RPGs myself. So, pm or something and we could talk about it :)
Thanks in advance :D

Sounds really great, and I'm really sure I could use some help. But since I don't have someone to actually make the idea's that need triggers (spells and quests per example) I can't really use the idea's yet. I could ofc. write them down but I think that would make a bigger and bigger pressure for a triggerer that eventually will join the project.
So currently I really need triggering help, but idea's are ofcourse very welcome aswel but I will ask opinions and idea's about stuff when I'm actually working on things I need inspiration or idea's for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.