• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Next Blizzard Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
i say that we get more elementals, as neutral units. but for the undead, i say we put in the nerubian stinger, but giving it a new skin that gives it and undead look, it can be called....um crypt knight? or mabey just crypt stinger.for ork, we could have those half orc units we see on this site, and that half orc woman thing, and my half troll. and for night elf, i say we put in something like the druid of the fin, it could possibly turn into some sort of naga form? mabey? i dont know, im just thinking of random things. but i doubt blizzard is making a patch where theyre gonna add units for the normal races rather than just neutral units.

Level 25
I say that Blizzard aren't going to add anything in the next patch.

They have a very annoying way of doing this

1.13: Added stuff
1.14: Balancing
1.15: Added stuff
1.16: Balancing
1.17: Added stuff

So 1.18 will be balancing, and 1.19 (Christmas Patch) will have stuff

I doubt they're going to include ANYTHING from this site though

Correction: I'm almost positive

And if they include the Stinger (Which they won't) I hope its not a undead unit. Two Undead Nerubian units is quite enough. The entire Nerubian race are not slaves to the Undead

Oh, and people NEVER have to listen to petitions. Petitions are a WASTE. OF. TIME.

And they won't make the other elemental lords as neutral heros! How many times do I need to explain how only Rangaros the Firelord is free, with the other Elemental Lords sealed up?

And they're not going to add new units to the races. They can't even balance the current units: What chance do they have of being able to balance any more?

Level 7
i don't think blizzard will add more heros. race-specific heros are difficult to balance, and for neutrals, only one slot in the tavern is remaining as the other three ones are used for resurrection

Level 5
I totally agree with Mecheon. 1.18 need to be a ballance patch. Tho i h8 this method to give a patch every two month (almost), cause i cant save replays. I think blizzard even could take out the option to make replays.... lol joking..

But for the future: i don't think they're going to add any new race specific heroes. So far they only added neutral ones. And if they add more neutral heroes they're going to need a new tavern-like building coz there won't be enough space... :)

Personally i think Wc3 has fallen into an overpatched state, i even have the thought that wc3:RoC is better in it's raw form than TFT...

back to the topic: if i were blizzard i would do the following changes:
-faerie fire mana cost: 35
-wind walk backstab dmg: 60 90 120
-griphon rider food cost: 5
-wind rider more hp
-firelord -> either STR or INT hero.
-firelord cooldown: 2.25sec (from 1.8sec)
-firelord less base AGI
-lava spawn cannot split up on creeps, need to attack 15 times to split
-goblin alchemist helaing spray: +1 wave each level
-goblin alchemist +1 base armor
-goblin alchemist acid bomb armor penalty: 4, 5, 6
-death knight less speed
-dryad less hp
-crypt fiend less hp
-crypt fiend 2.25 sec cooldown, but a bit less cost
-pit lord less STR

and maybe more.. but these are the ones that i remember now...

Level 22
Blizzard, as I understand, will take balancing suggestions, but usually only from the top # ranking players. (the guys who know the game inside out becasue they played it so darn much, basically). Blizzard will never...NEVER accept fan made stuff unless its taken in a official Blizzard-sponsored contest. If you ever read their site Faq, they sound like elitist pigs in the way that they believe that fan-made resources would corrupt the series (mainly found this when I was seeing if I could apply to be a novel writer for them...I don't know how theyt select their authors, but its sure as heck not through resume....)
-VGsartomi

Level 25
The reason they have that is because the WC3 novels are actualy considered WC3 history, and they don't want someone to put something crazy like Uther and Illidan battling Archimode or something like that. Not sure if thats the same with the Starcraft ones though....

Level 5
As for novels/books i think it is good that they don't accept anything.
I dunno how do they chose their writers.. I think there's two thing what matters: how well-known u are (this matters less than the next), and how much did you pay for them.

And i nkow they'll never listen to ppl like me who play very rarely on bnet, but i think some changes they made are againist rational.
for example faerie fire:
it used to give -5 armor, that means you do around 23% more dmg on it (i think it is somewhere near that value - it depends on how many armor it had before)
Let's see slow: it decreases 25% attack speed. That means you have that much advantage.
23% vs 25% is the ratio. An wich one is the more mana expensive??? the faeire fire. Not to mention that slow even decreases their speed to the minimum, making them easy targets to AOE spells (humans have a lot) and making them unable to run away, easy to break their line and so on. What faerie fire gives is a very little vision, but it is the most rarely to reveal anything with it coz:
first it has a very low LOS. second if you faerie fire a unit you will probably going to kill it coz it has less defense.
And the most logic thing i've ever seen is to make this unused, underpowered spell more unusable. NE magic is sh!t enough without this reduction.

I could write pages about issues like that, but i don't want anyone to read page-long comments :)

Level 3
Pyrodactyl said:
I totally agree with Mecheon. 1.18 need to be a ballance if they add more neutral heroes they're going to need a new tavern-like building coz there won't be enough space

but maybe in the next patch you can revive netrual heros at your altar and not the tavern.that would help and allow more heros

^not that thats ever gonna become true to be honest thats probably got as much chance as becoming real as i have of working for blizzard....a tiny chance

Level 2
You CAN revive taverns at altars...

But i agree with mecheon, besides, the racews are hard enough to balance now... Undead and humans are too strong, orc? meh... NE NEEDS BUFFS! And finally, rifles-sorc all the time is pissing me off... -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.